Expired

Making a website

Found 29th Jul
I’m looking to make a single page site with a live chat at the bottom for one of my services.

I’ve seen people that aren’t well inclined at web dev use Wix and those other site builders. I’m not sure if I want the site to look generic so how much would it cost to get a very basic 1 page site created?

I’m mainly wanting to make one to flaunt the domain for rep, so don’t need an overly advanced one.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Creatishh29th Jul

Wix look generic?you can make it look however you want it too,this is one …Wix look generic?you can make it look however you want it too,this is one i made for my friendwww.decortiling.com

oh wow. that looks top. I was going by the fact that in the market I'm in (online related) a lot of the wix ones have the same layout/appearance.

I definitely want something similar like this, with a red theme/few related pictures/links to my profiles and a live chat option at the bottom. What kind of cost am I looking at? Also with the neccesary security.
FUAARRKK14 m ago

oh wow. that looks top. I was going by the fact that in the market I'm in …oh wow. that looks top. I was going by the fact that in the market I'm in (online related) a lot of the wix ones have the same layout/appearance. I definitely want something similar like this, with a red theme/few related pictures/links to my profiles and a live chat option at the bottom. What kind of cost am I looking at? Also with the neccesary security.

most likely there just lazy, you can make it look however you like, the website i posted was done over a few days, but realisticly 4 hours messing around with it.
Creatishh29th Jul

most likely there just lazy, you can make it look however you like, the …most likely there just lazy, you can make it look however you like, the website i posted was done over a few days, but realisticly 4 hours messing around with it.

Why doesn't it say made by Wix at the bottom? Also the security certs, how does that work to get the site to have a green lock?
FUAARRKK2 m ago

Why doesn't it say made by Wix at the bottom? Also the security certs, how …Why doesn't it say made by Wix at the bottom? Also the security certs, how does that work to get the site to have a green lock?

most likely if other say wix at bottom then they are paying for the low price, the upper price has no wix logo ect, lot of people use free model and just use there domain name bought elsewhere to forward to there websitename.wix.com or people pay 5£ month for wix branded one ect
I pay 123-reg for a domain and hosting. Although I don't have a website, one is easily created using Wordpress. There is a free Wordpress but the one hosted by 123-reg (and most web hosting services) is a lot more versatile. It can be picked up in a few hours and has many advantages and add on's like payment methods.

It works out a bit cheaper than Wix btw.

I program Android devices but I'm using my hosting for links to my device.
GlentoranMark3 h, 43 m ago

I pay 123-reg for a domain and hosting. Although I don't have a website, …I pay 123-reg for a domain and hosting. Although I don't have a website, one is easily created using Wordpress. There is a free Wordpress but the one hosted by 123-reg (and most web hosting services) is a lot more versatile. It can be picked up in a few hours and has many advantages and add on's like payment methods.It works out a bit cheaper than Wix btw.I program Android devices but I'm using my hosting for links to my device.

The thing is I'm buying a .PK domain (of pakistan) since it is relevant to the game market i'm in (player killing). If I buy the domain and then have it hosted by a UK based service, will that work?
FUAARRKK28 m ago

The thing is I'm buying a .PK domain (of pakistan) since it is relevant to …The thing is I'm buying a .PK domain (of pakistan) since it is relevant to the game market i'm in (player killing). If I buy the domain and then have it hosted by a UK based service, will that work?

I think you should ask your domain host BUT... I can buy a foreign domain and host whatever I want (according to UK laws) so I don't see a problem.
GlentoranMark12 m ago

I think you should ask your domain host BUT... I can buy a foreign domain …I think you should ask your domain host BUT... I can buy a foreign domain and host whatever I want (according to UK laws) so I don't see a problem.

damn to be fair I haven't even considered the legalities of running a site for my service. (Though I do pay proper tax via SA, I imagine theres a load of stuff like GDPR and stuff to now adhere to?)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants