Groups

Making cookies, a bit "stuck" in more ways than one!

Used a Greens cookie kit, followed the instructions but the cookie dough is sticky and the instructions say you need to roll it out! How am I meant to do this when its sticky and not doughy like cake batter!

15 Comments

flour

Original Poster

JohnBall;8273170

flour

Thats what I was thinking but wouldnt putting flour into the mix change it?

JohnBall;8273170

flour

+1

Add a little bit of flour till its dry and more dough like, just knead it in really well.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/ohiok/funnypictures/cookies/the-cookie-monster.jpg

ryouga;8273202

Thats what I was thinking but wouldnt putting flour into the mix change … Thats what I was thinking but wouldnt putting flour into the mix change it?

A little bit shouldnt make that much difference, dont add loads, just enough to firm the mixture up a bit and allow you to roll it out.
    If you're worried you could use plain flour as it doesnt have the raising agents like self raising so shouldnt change the mixture that much if its just a little.

Add more flour, only little by little though, and make sure you flour the work surface and rolling pin before you do roll it out

Are you typing with sticky fingers then? in the middle of cookie making? A little bit of flour won't do any harm - just sprinkle it on the worktop or chopping board and put the dough on it and roll it aroun. It should be easier to handle. Take it you have to roll into sausage shape then cut then into discs?

All flours have different moisture contents so you have to be prepared to improvise a bit. The cookie mix contains flour and would probably have been a good idea to add liquid just a little at a time to see if all was required. Now you have a sticky dough need to add some more flour just until the mix is usable.

Sounds a good idea. Hope they come out ok.

Somehow you added too much liquid. Did you do table spoons instead of tea spoons?

Original Poster

Plum;8273276

Somehow you added too much liquid. Did you do table spoons instead of … Somehow you added too much liquid. Did you do table spoons instead of tea spoons?

Oh is that why! DOH havent made home made stuff like this in over 7 years, I put 2 tablespoons in as it said on the packet though a little extra drizzled in but I thought it would go watery instead of sticky, lol oh well I know for the future.

dont bother rolling out make balls and flatten out!

ryouga;8273488

Oh is that why! DOH havent made home made stuff like this in over 7 … Oh is that why! DOH havent made home made stuff like this in over 7 years, I put 2 tablespoons in as it said on the packet though a little extra drizzled in but I thought it would go watery instead of sticky, lol oh well I know for the future.

Not sure what you're doing qualifies as this

Original Poster

sancho1983;8273824

Not sure what you're doing qualifies as this

Well it involves using a whisk, adding egg and milk, rolling it out etc its home made as I didnt buy the cookies pre made.

Still when I normally do home made cakes I do it from scratch so to speak.

dmtuk;8273811

dont bother rolling out make balls and flatten out!

+1

it worked gr8 when i put too much on some morrisons cookie mix

Bit of flour won't hurt it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      3. Flights only Dominican Republic33
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££34

See more discussions