Making Landline Calls Via a PC

Found 2nd JanEdited by:"allsa001"
Hi,
My mobile phone is currently not working, so I have started to use my landline a lot more over the past week or so. I was just wondering if there was a way of using my computer to dial the numbers, and for me to use a headset to communicate.

I have found the voice dialer application, which I remember from ages ago. Just wondering if there was a better application? A know of Skype, Viber etc. But I really want to use the inclusive minutes on my landline, as I think it will be better quality. Also, if I am paying for the inclusive minutes I may as well use them.

My final question, would I need to hook my computer up to a new Modem? At the moment, my computer is connected to the Sky Router via an Ethernet power line adapter.
Many Thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPhones
5 Comments
Have you looked at changing your landline to vonage?
The thing is, I have a really good deal with sky for line rental, inclusive minutes and broadband. So I don't really want to change.
it won't be worth the effort over buying a cheapo cordless phone to sit next to your pc
maddogb5 m ago

it won't be worth the effort over buying a cheapo cordless phone to sit …it won't be worth the effort over buying a cheapo cordless phone to sit next to your pc

Hmmm, part of me just wants to see if I can get it to work. A bit of a challenge. I might buy a cheap voice 56k dial up modem, and see how I get on with that.
allsa0019 m ago

Hmmm, part of me just wants to see if I can get it to work. A bit of a …Hmmm, part of me just wants to see if I can get it to work. A bit of a challenge. I might buy a cheap voice 56k dial up modem, and see how I get on with that.

ah ok then, there are still cheap 56k modems about? let us know how you get on, have thought about integrating a telephone setup with my htpc would be nice to pause and call or answer phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants