Making my own website. how to upload it?

tried ages ago to get a website up on internet but then gave up. So trying again. Have made a quick mock up website, and have zipped the file with everything in. i have a free domain, but how do i now get my upload on there?

i made it in iweb. I dont mind who i get the domain from, so if you can show me with a specific one that wud be great!
cheers
Mclovin.

6 Comments

i use ]Filezilla to upload my website to the net, is easy to use and free. I used Microsoft Front Page to make up website though. Got my domain from 123-reg.

Banned

First you need to have some webspace to upload it too! Try the one that faevilangel recommends for starters (110mb.com)

Then you need to upload it using an FTP program. Plenty of free ones about. (Dont upload it as a zip file though!)

Your domain will need to be set to point to the space you have with nameservers

Original Poster

guv;4831684

First you need to have some webspace to upload it too! Try the one that … First you need to have some webspace to upload it too! Try the one that faevilangel recommends for starters (110mb.com)Then you need to upload it using an FTP program. Plenty of free ones about. (Dont upload it as a zip file though!)Your domain will need to be set to point to the space you have with nameservers

damn..... in english lol?

Banned

Mclovin;4831709

damn..... in english lol?

You first!!!

I got the bit that you have made a website and your own domain.

What company is the domain with?

If you dant have webspace with them, you'll need to get some... goto 110mb.com and sign up for a free account.

In the control panel of your domain host, you'll need to point your domain to your webhost (110mb.com) There will be instructions there whats needed - but will be something like 110mb.nameserver.com - You need to add that to your domain in the domain host control panel.

Once youve done that (and it will take a will for the internet to circulate the address, you need to upload the contents of your site to 110mb.com using FTP (File Transfer Protocal) software. There are plenty of free ones to chose from.

Confused? Should have gone to comparethemereket.com!

Original Poster

right.... well i give up. i thought i had a domain, but now im guessing i dont? i just went on freewebs and started something, thats all i did. Methinks this could be a lil too hard!

Mclovin;4831836

right.... well i give up. i thought i had a domain, but now im guessing i … right.... well i give up. i thought i had a domain, but now im guessing i dont? i just went on freewebs and started something, thats all i did. Methinks this could be a lil too hard!

go to 110mb.com, register using the big green button ......... then login to the account ....... when ya logged in , click file manager, then you get a screen with one file ...... delete that file

then click upload files link, find the zip file and click upload

once uploaded, next to the zip file (on the right of it) will be a box icon, click that and it will unzip the file for you

once unzipped all your files should show out of the zip folder

then click the name of the files to upload them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407225
    2. GOT Leaks again414
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2345
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763867

See more discussions