Groups
    EXPIRED

making smoothies with slimfast shakes

I just got a smoothie maker and bought 4 cans of the slimfast powder from Wilko's at 2.97 each.

just the milkshake on its own is a bit blurgh.
    anyone got any ideas what I can mix it all up with to create a nice smoothie.

cos 2 cans of strawberry and 2 cans of Banana.

my sis had suggested mixing the banana one with some frozen bananas,porridge oats and a little dash of either golden or maple syrup for my own Banofee smoothie.

anyone?

14 Comments

Thatwould be really high in calories so would defeat the object of having a slimfast.

I work in a coffee shop and we sell smothies. We use a cup of ice filled with milk. 2 spoons of frape powder and 2 scoops of what syrup you want. ie. Strawberry, banana or chocolate.
    With slimfast I would add frape powder and ice and blend. See how it goes.:roll:

I can't actually see the point of adding anything as it's not Slimfast any longer!

Original Poster

what about just the porridge oats to thicken it up?

slackrat77;7463680

what about just the porridge oats to thicken it up?

Sounds pretty disgusting . Why don't you add a little less milk or water (or whatever you put in them) and just some fruit?

Low fat ice cream?

just blitz up with ice

oats/bananas would be ok for extra carbs if you are exercising as well

syrup would defeat the object as it would add loads of calories

just try adding some blueberries/raspberries if you must

they wont do any good anyway unless you are controlling the rest of your diet

oats or muesli in a smoothie is brilliant i have this before i go to the gym

buy lots of fruit and freeze it, then just chuck in what you want.

I freeze sliced banana, strawberries, kiwi and blueberries, then when I make a smoothie I add milk and powdered milk (for extra calcium and protein, special diet requirements) a good dollop of no added sugar Crusha, then a load of frozen fruit. yum.

You could do this with a Slimfast, just use less Crusha

Edit: bananas freeze ok, but tend to go brown after a week or two, so dont freeze too many, apparently you can freeze them whole, in the skin, but I don't use a whole banana in one go, so pre slice.

Original Poster

OK yeah all sounds cool.
    I am watching the rest of my diet and am exercising too.
    go swimming regularly and help run a martial arts club too.

its mainly just for taking to work with me so I don't feel the temptation to go to greggs/heron and buy rubbish for my lunches.

slackrat77;7464122

OK yeah all sounds cool.I am watching the rest of my diet and am … OK yeah all sounds cool.I am watching the rest of my diet and am exercising too.go swimming regularly and help run a martial arts club too.its mainly just for taking to work with me so I don't feel the temptation to go to greggs/heron and buy rubbish for my lunches.

the smoothies I make don't last very long, they soon start to discolour and separate, not sure if all smoothies do that, or if it's what I put in mine. If you want them for work I recommend making them up then freezing them, let it defrost at work and drink when its ready :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sounds like a plan, we have a fridge in the staff room.
    they'll be stored in a lucozade nutri-shaker bottle anyways.

Can I add fruit to the shake? Like a vinilla shake add an apple and miss out on a snack later?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764233
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31142
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846177
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45

See more discussions