Groups

Making Your Own Sun Jar

Just a fun little project:
    lifehacker.com/531…ion
    Was just wondering is the cheapest place to get the items ebay?

8 Comments

I've made a few of these recently. All I did was to buy a garden light from the £1 shop, get a plastic kilner jar for about £1-£2 from a corner shop, sand the inside of the plastic jar until it became cloudy and bobs your uncle!

B&Q have a load of garden lights in their sale for cheap right now, so you should check out there.

You can also do it with a glass jar and spray the inside of the jar with glass frosting spray. It looks alot better, but it's around £5 for a can of spray. You can do about 8-12 jars with each can, perhaps more.

I also desoldered the rubbishy blue/white leds in the garden light and put my own orange and UV lights into them. The UV lights are lower power than white LEDs and last much longer and you can also coat the inside of the jar with UV-reactive paint, to achieve a huge variety of colours.

Possibilities are endless! Do post up any results for us to see!

Original Poster

Ok thank you so much thekanester......I want to see your results as well.

Original Poster

It was awesome wasn't it.

Have you seen the Nescafe advert on the Tv ?

nikkib123;6234229

Yep its like a "Raiders of the lost ark" type one - or did I just totally … Yep its like a "Raiders of the lost ark" type one - or did I just totally make that up

Yeah ! I think you did I would'nt Know anyway I know nothing about "Raider's of the lost arc" :thinking: is that so bad ?:?

nikkib123;6234305

Yeh yeh you know "indiana jones". The advert has loads of jars and they … Yeh yeh you know "indiana jones". The advert has loads of jars and they are lit up

I am on this and half watching the Tv and I saw this thread come up as that advert was on and I made the connection if there is one to be made lol:?

Original Poster

Can't find any solar garden lights locally. Anyone know somewhere in belfast?

electriclinux;6240029

Can't find any solar garden lights locally. Anyone know somewhere in … Can't find any solar garden lights locally. Anyone know somewhere in belfast?

I've got a spare one I could send, plus a bunch of LEDs, if you like. Just p.m. me your address and I'll send the stuff on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522111
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions