Groups

Makita aftermarket batteries - anyone tried them?

Has anyone here tried Makita aftermarket batteries, if so what were your experiences with them.

I have read mixed reviews ranging from rubbish to excellent. Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

In the ni cad days I used a fair few of the copies and they were spot on. Not used any of the lithium ones as the drills are usually on offer with a couple of batteries now days

I bought one from Axminster as I thought they should be okay but I have to put it in and out of charge a few times to get it to charge so I don't plan to buy any other make except genuine makita ,

I have been wondering exactly the same for my Makita 18V LXT tools. I was going to go for copies but more swaying towards genuine. Waiting for another good deal on a tool, charger battery setup (I missed plumb centre one) buy that, keep the battery's and sell the rest on making the batteries a but cheaper.

Yes. My old makita Ni cads where rubbish and a waste of money. Lithium ion was fine though, but it was a original off amazon for £25. There is a company in Bristol on net that will re cell your battery pack. That's OK I here.

Original Poster

Thanks for posting, I think I'll stick with genuine packs, I had a look at Axminster's site and the after-market packs were only slightly cheaper than genuine, so not really worth the saving.

andymagic

Has anyone here tried Makita aftermarket batteries, if so what were … Has anyone here tried Makita aftermarket batteries, if so what were your experiences with them.I have read mixed reviews ranging from rubbish to excellent. Thanks in advance.

Bought 1 cheapo from eBay a while back for my 18v LXT, bad move, doesn't seem as powerful, takes twice as long to charge and only holds 60-70% (when charger thinks its full) compared with genuine.

I stick with genuine now, cheapest I can find a genuine LXT (locall independent) is £50 for a 3.0Ah (BL1830).

As said earlier, its often better to grab a full kit when on special, especially the drill and impact twin sets, sell the drills and case as bare units and keep the charger and batteries, 2 new batteries and a charger for minimal outlay

Edited by: "andynicol" 6th Jan

Rubbish and stay clear, if the board on them isn't spot on and software then they can blow up. My genuine ones have lasted years. In fact my 3 amp ones after 7 years have only just given up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cats and royal canin biscuits914
      2. Electricity55
      3. Iptv918
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions