Makita BL1840B 4ah 18V Battery with Battery Level Indicator - £23.99 @ Amazon Business

Posted 30th Dec 2019Edited by:"MrBrightside1987"
UPDATE: Before anyone waste's their time on this, as you'll see in the comments this offer seems to be account specific and not available for all business users. Also note that Amazon Business have two listings, so if you really want to check then search "Makita BL1840B" on the Business site. Otherwise, sorry to disappoint!

Was checking for a 5ah Makita battery for my mower but spotted this which seemed too good to pass up. Seems to be similar priced to the 3ah deals that are usually posted on here. It's on Amazon Business so you'll need to be registered as a business seller. Comes up at £19.99 (ex. VAT), which is £23.99 (inc. VAT).

I was a bit suspicious because it's very cheap and Amazon have another listing for the same battery for around £50 too. I contacted Amazon and they weren't able to explain why there's two listings, but said that it's sold by Amazon and I can get a refund if any issues so I've taken a punt with it.

Doesn't beat the 5ah's posted a while back for a similar price but think it's a good deal regardless.

Forgot to add, it's free standard delivery
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
Fantastic price! However appears to be OOS now
Edited by: "johnwillowlfc" 30th Dec 2019
I have a business account and it’s showing 49.99 for me
Nowhere at this price
Not showing on my business account just £43
This is the problem with Amazon Business deals. They appear to be account specific. So Amazon non business same price to all. Amazon business - account specific.
damolister30/12/2019 20:25

Not showing on my business account just £43

That's a shame, it's still coming up for me if I search "Makita BL1840B"

39543509-6h1bR.jpg

Oh well, thought it was worth sharing because I've managed to bag a few Makita bargains in the past thanks other peoples posts. Not sure why it doesn't seem to be available for everyone, shame though.
Edited by: "MrBrightside1987" 30th Dec 2019
pluves130/12/2019 20:27

This is the problem with Amazon Business deals. They appear to be account …This is the problem with Amazon Business deals. They appear to be account specific. So Amazon non business same price to all. Amazon business - account specific.

Ah ok, that makes sense but I was wasn't aware of that. Not really seen many Amazon Business posts on here and this probably explains why. I recall the Ryobi battery one being quite widely available though. I'm surprised that my account specific offer is for a Makita battery - the business has nothing to do with DIY!
FYI - if anyone is interested, I received my battery today and first thing I did was compare the weight against my current 4ah Makita battery, and the weight came up exactly the same. I also did a few other checks that I'd seen on YouTube videos and it seemed to pass all but one of them. The only difference was the wording on the bottom label but I suspect that's just regional info and nothing to be concerned about.

As much as I was hoping to get a couple of 5ah for the Makita mower, I've ended up with two 4ah instead (I've just ordered a second one) which hopefully will cover our medium lawn on a full charge after the first cut of the year.
I added this deal in December but HUKD decided to delete the deal because they couldn't verify it because they had no access to Amazon business?
The battery I received was in an opened box that had been cellotaped closed and the battery was labelled as assembled in China where as my other Makita batteries were assembled in Vietnam, it looks Genuine though after comparing it to my other batteries.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions