Makita impact wrench

Posted 21st Mar
Looking at getting a makita impact wrench, either the 285 or the 1002. Anyone got either? Or both? Would prefer the larger one but don’t want a unit that’s too bulky for car work etc.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Have you looked at Milwaukee? They might be more £ but the m12 packs quite a punch in a small form factor for car use, I used to have a dtw450 which I think is the predecessor to 1002 big heavy beast that was.
Are you in the makita 18v battery line hence only those models?
What are you needing it to do as the 285 might not cut it
Edited by: "7ommy.78" 21st Mar
I 2nd the Milwaukee stuff . I have alot of their stuff (hgv) does the job . Good torque from even the 3/8 12volt stuff .
I’ve got other makita stuff so needs to be makita. Just after general use really but have old land rovers, and use wood chippers a lot so want something that does what I need. But if the 1002 is massive then obviously it’s going to be a problem.
With an old Land Rover the 285 might run out of puff as it’s only about 300 lb/ft. If you’re just doing general maintenance like wheels off it’ll be enough. It’ll be rusted chassis & suspension bolts it might struggle.
7ommy.7821/03/2020 19:30

With an old Land Rover the 285 might run out of puff as it’s only about 3 …With an old Land Rover the 285 might run out of puff as it’s only about 300 lb/ft. If you’re just doing general maintenance like wheels off it’ll be enough. It’ll be rusted chassis & suspension bolts it might struggle.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I’ll just go for the big one then.
I’ve got the 285 but can’t say I’ve stressed it much.
My problem is a decent set of sockets. I got some Makita ones and they chew into nuts.
Make sure you get a decent set of sockets just as much.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 22nd Mar
Oneday7722/03/2020 07:26

I’ve got the 285 but can’t say I’ve stressed it much. My problem is a decen …I’ve got the 285 but can’t say I’ve stressed it much. My problem is a decent set of sockets. I got some Makita ones and they chew into nuts. Make sure you get a decent set of sockets just as much.

I’ve got an air impact gun already so I’ve some sockets, I learnt a long time ago to buy decent ones
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants