Malaga Car Hire - Anyone used Record Go before?

Found 22nd Apr 2016
Hi there, thinking of booking a hire car from Malaga airport in August with Record Go - just wondering if anyone has used them before and how they found the service and cars? I was reading a few old reviews about long queues at the counter and high fees being charged when you go pick up the car...not sure if they are still like this though. Any other recommendations for hire cars from Malaga would be much appreciated Thanks

9 Comments

Yes have used them not had any issues. I had one broken into and gave them a copy of the police report and they just gave me a new car. On another occasion car broke down (timing belt came off guide after spirited driving in the mountains). Got put on a tow truck and 3 hours back to Malaga and just gave me another car. Only slight annoyance was I had about 1/2 a tank of fuel in the car and the replacement was running on fumes.

Yes, used them too. No issues

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Yes have used them not had any issues. I had one broken into and gave … Yes have used them not had any issues. I had one broken into and gave them a copy of the police report and they just gave me a new car. On another occasion car broke down (timing belt came off guide after spirited driving in the mountains). Got put on a tow truck and 3 hours back to Malaga and just gave me another car. Only slight annoyance was I had about 1/2 a tank of fuel in the car and the replacement was running on fumes.

Thanks for the reply - that's good to know Was there a big wait at the airport to pick up? - Also we are landing about 9pm but there was no mention of whether the desk would be manned at that time, or if we need to pay extra to get someone to meet us etc - not sure if you know? Also was there any issues getting your money back e.g. for fuel and damage excess etc? (sorry for the multiple questions)

jagtag

Thanks for the reply - that's good to know Was there a big wait at … Thanks for the reply - that's good to know Was there a big wait at the airport to pick up? - Also we are landing about 9pm but there was no mention of whether the desk would be manned at that time, or if we need to pay extra to get someone to meet us etc - not sure if you know? Also was there any issues getting your money back e.g. for fuel and damage excess etc? (sorry for the multiple questions)

Well never had to wait long but I go straight to the counter while the others get the bags. So I'm usually first from our flight. Don't claim the fuel as always hand it back empty. Did once get a car and paid for a full tank. It was only 3/4 full. Popped back to the desk and told them. They told me to put petrol in across the road and keep the receipt. They refunded this when I returned the car. I only use the basic insurance but have noticed the excess has been creeping up (was €500) but now €950!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/tips-for-car-hire-malaga-2380843

I always use economycarhire.com which includes insurance which is usually excess free and includes a free extra driver. All will ask for a security deposit to cover uninsured damage - if this concerns you check out insurance4carhire.com/. At first instinct, an airport based company would seem to be a better choice but after several years experience I always choose a company that is off site and takes you to the depot in a minibus where the queues can be much much smaller particularly at peak times. I'd recommend Centauro who've looked after me well for a few years now and have a fair fuel policy. It's also much easier to find the depot than navigate the airport on return - just off the motorway

Original Poster

LJM

http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask/tips-for-car-hire-malaga-2380843

​Thanks for the link. Who did you go with in the end. Were they decent?

jagtag

​Thanks for the link. Who did you go with in the end. Were they decent?

We used Malagacar.com. And used them again on a subsequent visit. No problems. Bus and rep waiting at airport - two minute drive to depot.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants