Banned

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BswcWtvCIAEhCro.jpg

Banned

biddilybah

According to Sky News, it was shot down. oO

Uh oh..

KillFelix

Uh oh..

Uh-oh indeed. Cue the blame game between Russia and Ukraine...

KillFelix

Uh oh..

If that's the case then it's double uh oh.

Original Poster

Dangerous times, reminds me of 1983

Banned

Appalling news if it turns out to be true.

Not sure of the facts here. But I'm sure any other country would do the same in the event of an aircraft flying over military space

We really need to distance ourselves from the EU and US and start building a good, strong relationship with Russia.

Of course, the best scenario would be US, UK, EU, Russia, Japan and South Korea all as allies to fight terror and oppressive regimes but that seems highly unlikely.

Joseph have you been drinking? Russia is an oppressive regime, they invaded another country & murdered some it's citizens...& now they've shot nearly 300 innocent people out of the sky in a clear act of state sponsored terrorism

Banned

DarkEnergy2012

Joseph have you been drinking? Russia is an oppressive regime, they … Joseph have you been drinking? Russia is an oppressive regime, they invaded another country & murdered some it's citizens...& now they've shot nearly 300 innocent people out of the sky in a clear act of state sponsored terrorism

There is no proof yet that Russia is responsible.

toshapetriji

There is no proof yet that Russia is responsible.

I was about to say. Either way, 300 innocent people have lost their lives. Very sad.

komakino

I was about to say. Either way, 300 innocent people have lost their … I was about to say. Either way, 300 innocent people have lost their lives. Very sad.

200 Palestinian deaths in the past 2 weeks, this is a great distraction, I wouldn't be surprised if Mossad is behind this

It's not at all in Russia's interests for the government to officially order the shooting down of a foreign civilian aircraft.

qavi23

200 Palestinian deaths in the past 2 weeks, this is a great distraction, … 200 Palestinian deaths in the past 2 weeks, this is a great distraction, I wouldn't be surprised if Mossad is behind this

oO Calm down please.

(Palestinian deaths also very sad).

Banned

josephmccowie

It's not at all in Russia's interests for the government to officially … It's not at all in Russia's interests for the government to officially order the shooting down of a foreign civilian aircraft.

If Russia has any involvement it will be because they are supplying arms to the so called 'separatist militias' in Ukraine. Their proxy army in Ukraine.

The suggestion that it is Mossad is too stupid to even warrant discussion.

Apparently An Air Force fighter jet has been shot down by an air-to-air missile fired from a Russian plane, a spokesman for Ukraine's Security Council said Thursday.
    AND
    Pro-Russia rebels, meanwhile, claimed responsibility for strikes Wednesday on two Ukrainian Sukhoi-25 jets.

"Not sure of the facts here. But I'm sure any other country would do the same in the event of an aircraft flying over military space"
    Flights follow predetermined flight path and gain permission, The flight wont be at fault. Either Ukraine or Russia shot it down

toshapetriji

If Russia has any involvement it will be because they are supplying arms … If Russia has any involvement it will be because they are supplying arms to the so called 'separatist militias' in Ukraine. Their proxy army in Ukraine.The suggestion that it is Mossad is too stupid to even warrant discussion.

A defence expert has told the BBC that shooting down a plane at 10,000m (9.7 miles) would have required a long- range surface-to-air missile - possibly guided by radar.
    That suggests it is unlikely it could have been downed by a portable air defence missile, or Manpad, which has a much shorter range.
    The only other possibility is for an aircraft at that height to be downed by a fighter carrying air-to-air missiles.

I dont think 'separatist militias' in Ukraine are likely

Banned

Unlikely is not the same as not possible. There are other possibilities.

ibtimes.com/mal…416

toshapetriji

Unlikely is not the same as not possible. There are other … Unlikely is not the same as not possible. There are other possibilities.http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysia-airlines-mh17-buk-missile-may-have-been-cause-ukraine-crash-1631416

This is only a comment on a website so maybe completely false
    The separatists claimed they shot down what they thought was a cargo airliner. When news broke it was a passenger craft they took down their post and the Russian media have blacked out the report. It's obvious who did it.

Banned

davidian84

This is only a comment on a website so maybe completely falseThe … This is only a comment on a website so maybe completely falseThe separatists claimed they shot down what they thought was a cargo airliner. When news broke it was a passenger craft they took down their post and the Russian media have blacked out the report. It's obvious who did it.

I think the separatists were half right the did shoot something down just not a cargo plan with Russian supplied arms. Anyway let's see how it plays out. Crimea is not finished yet either.

Just because it takes series kit to target such a high flying plane doesn't mean it wasn't shot down accidentally by a more low grade weapon, too early to tell it may have had engine trouble, after the changing stories told of MH370, I wouldn't trust a word of what they say about the flight path and altitude etc

Banned

Pics of the crash site floating around on Twitter.

Sadly some too graphic to display here

Yeah don't search twitter for mh17, not nice at all

Original Poster

Disturbing video on youtube of guy showing off passports collected at scene including close up shots of photos and details.

Ukraine's President calling it an Act of Terror.

Apparently shot down in a Rebel (pro Russian separatist) area. They would have used a ground to air missile launcher that would have probably been abandoned by Ukraine when they left these areas in East Ukraine. Such a missile would have picked up the fact that there was a plane in the air but may not have picked up the fact that it was a commercial plane.

Also, tweets were made by separatists claiming to have shot down another Ukraine military plane. This was the same source who tweeted about shooting down a Ukrainian plane last week. The tweet was removed when it was revealed it wasn't a military plane.

Or that could be wrong and anti aircraft weaponry could have been provided by Russia.

Or such a missile may not have been able to hit a plane and it may have just crashed.

Either way RIP to those aboard.

Bully

Disturbing video on youtube of guy showing off passports collected at … Disturbing video on youtube of guy showing off passports collected at scene including close up shots of photos and details.

see now why do people do things like that, bad enough taking pictures of the passangers without some burk confirming identities when the relatives may not even know yet.

Banned

A Dutch man posted a picture of what is believed to be flight MH17 on Facebook, joking "if we disappear, this is what the plane looks like''

http://i62.tinypic.com/2d46tc.jpg

Sadly this isnt the first commercial airliner to be shot down and it wont be the last either.

Unfortunate but not surprising after MH370 I'm sure there's been a few jokes made about their planes from passangers.

This could be the beginning of WW3 serious.

shauneco

This could be the beginning of WW3 serious.

how do you come to that conclusion?

This isn't the first passanger plane deliberately shot down, possibly by a state and it won't be the last, none of the others turned into WW3 so I don't see why this one will.

Error440

World point's gun at Russia/Ukraine they point guns everywhere, Korea join Russia as allies etc.. Bad times ahead.

toshapetriji

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archduke_Franz_Ferdinand_of_Austria

shauneco

World point's gun at Russia/Ukraine they point guns everywhere, Korea … World point's gun at Russia/Ukraine they point guns everywhere, Korea join Russia as allies etc.. Bad times ahead.

Slight over stretching there IMO guys.

Error440

Something will kick off if it's discovered that if this plane was shot down and by missiles supplied by Russia or shot from the Russian side of the border.

23 US citizens were killed. America will respond if the above was the case.

No one knows atm

Banned

Error440

This isn't the first passanger plane deliberately shot down, possibly by … This isn't the first passanger plane deliberately shot down, possibly by a state and it won't be the last, none of the others turned into WW3 so I don't see why this one will.

Not every war started with the assassination with some dude with a moustache either.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…ria

RIP MH17 , I just hope that enough damage was done to quickly depressurise the aircraft.

I'd hate to be Putin right now, he's not going to have a good time when Karma finally catches up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions