Malia 2018 travel help !!!

Found 11th May
Hey All,

Myself and 3 mates have settled on traveling to Malia for 2018. We have all picked and booked the following dates off work:
18th till 23rd July.
I understand that this is peak travel time which is why we chose these dates. Its also one of the lads birthday and he really wants to go here Only bummer is that the total package seems to be a lot more expensive than what we expected.
Does anyone know where i can seek cheaper flights and accommodation for our trip?
Would prefer to be near the strip which i understand is called beach road?
I usually search for flights with skyscanner but one day it shows a price of £150 and a couple of days after it shoots up to £225! Does searching on a specific day affect the price?

Also if anyone else has been Malia, could really do with some tips and advice on how to have the best time there.

Regards,
Modz
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
U looked at easy jet for flights? And trivago for accomodation
You could try netflights, hotel and flight package, or lastminute. Someone i know also said loveholidays are cheap but i have never looked
Where are you flying from? And how much is it coming up as a package?

I normally search for cheap holidays (window shopping) so can try and help you.

I normally use Skyscanner for flights and travel republic for hotels
AL1S0N11th May

U looked at easy jet for flights? And trivago for accomodation

I have and flights alone are like £235+
i understand it is peak time for travel but that is too much
toulousenessie11th May

You could try netflights, hotel and flight package, or lastminute. Someone …You could try netflights, hotel and flight package, or lastminute. Someone i know also said loveholidays are cheap but i have never looked

Loveholidays offer packages but seem too good to be true. I class it like i do icelolly as i know many have had problems with them before
t0nii_m12th May

Where are you flying from? And how much is it coming up as a package? I …Where are you flying from? And how much is it coming up as a package? I normally search for cheap holidays (window shopping) so can try and help you.I normally use Skyscanner for flights and travel republic for hotels

@t0nii_m im flying from any london airports and cheapest package comes up to around £380. I understand that it is peak travel dates but im not looking to overspend on the "getting there and back" rather spend on actual holiday. In an ideal world i would say my limit would be £300 for a package.
I usually use skyscanner too but their flights is at 285 last i checked!!
Would really appreciate the help
modz944 h, 48 m ago

Loveholidays offer packages but seem too good to be true. I class it like …Loveholidays offer packages but seem too good to be true. I class it like i do icelolly as i know many have had problems with them before

You can't compare loveholidays.com to icelolly. They allow booking online.
modz944 h, 48 m ago

@t0nii_m im flying from any london airports and cheapest package comes up …@t0nii_m im flying from any london airports and cheapest package comes up to around £380. I understand that it is peak travel dates but im not looking to overspend on the "getting there and back" rather spend on actual holiday. In an ideal world i would say my limit would be £300 for a package.I usually use skyscanner too but their flights is at 285 last i checked!!Would really appreciate the help

Go to a different Greek island then or even magaluf etc. These generic places are pretty much all the same (streets with just bars & burger places with everyone off their face and rammed beaches with competing stereos at full blast). Crete is a beautiful island but Malia is hell on earth. Its very expensive for alcohol too these days due to the huge increase in taxation.
Edited by: "chocci" 15th May
chocci15th May

Go to a different Greek island then or even magaluf etc. These generic …Go to a different Greek island then or even magaluf etc. These generic places are pretty much all the same (streets with just bars & burger places with everyone off their face and rammed beaches with competing stereos at full blast). Crete is a beautiful island but Malia is hell on earth. Its very expensive for alcohol too these days due to the huge increase in taxation.

Ive been to the other islands and im trying to round it up with a trip to malia. Plus its the birthday boys choice so i dont have much sway
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions