Groups

MAME Cabs etc..

Carrying on from the deal about the NES in a cab, does anybody know any good suppliers for parts. Buttons, Microswitch joysticks etc? Thinking of making an arcade controller out of a busted xbox controller I have here but not quite sure where to get the bits from. Yeah I am that bored lol.

Preferably in this country. I've found a German supplier but postage will probably be a killer.

5 Comments

ultimarc

ultimarc.com/min…tml

bought loads from these guys a few years back, great products

Original Poster

Cheers for that. I found a few more (Gremlin etc) and have them bookmarked for future ref. Had a word with the wife this morning about it and she said her dad may have a load of arcade machine bits 'in storage' (ie chucked at the back of the shed lol) from when he used to sell them

Original Poster

megalomaniac;2539372

Although you could probably just hack up the Xbox pad and use the … Although you could probably just hack up the Xbox pad and use the existing buttons etc. with appropriately placed wires and track cuts to get the desired effect.

That's pretty much the plan. Take the board from some nacked controllers and wire them to arcade buttons etc. Just trying to work out if I can convert the analog sticks to digital with a crafty bit of resistor wiring as that would give me an extra 8 'buttons' (not including the triggers):thinking:

Shengis;2539594

That's pretty much the plan. Take the board from some nacked controllers … That's pretty much the plan. Take the board from some nacked controllers and wire them to arcade buttons etc. Just trying to work out if I can convert the analog sticks to digital with a crafty bit of resistor wiring as that would give me an extra 8 'buttons' (not including the triggers):thinking:

You can, Google controller hacking or similar. I remember seeing some tutorials on it involving Dreamcast pads, but the principal should be the same for Xbox.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4552123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions