mams just brought me a chanel bag back from turkey

45 replies
Found 8th Oct 2009
she said its from the proper shop and not fake, was half price as the shop closes in 2 weeks. anyway to tell if its real?

41 Comments

show me, and i will try my best.

Take bag to a chanel shop and sing "Hey What's Going On" :whistling:

In which town was it bought? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of sale

If you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you

Original Poster

im guessing fake as inside it has a leather tag with gold 'chanel paris' stamped on as opposed to a silver plaque if that makes sense. im not gonna whinge though as its a lovely bag and will get plenty use of it

It will not be genuine. Turkey is the fake capital of the world. She would have been fooled.

if your mum says its real, it real, regardless if its fake. how is your mum going to feel if you find out its fake and then you tell her mother. best to not find out.

It isn't real, (it's Turkey FFS) I'd check it was actually your mother as well and not a fake one.

Original Poster

Bikebarbie;6520524

In which town was it bought? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been … In which town was it bought? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of saleIf you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you

she said a designer bag shop in icemeler

Original Poster

solarforce;6520535

if your mum says its real, it real, regardless if its fake. how is your … if your mum says its real, it real, regardless if its fake. how is your mum going to feel if you find out its fake and then you tell her mother. best to not find out.

im not gonna tell her lol

Tanya;6520531

It will not be genuine. Turkey is the fake capital of the world. She … It will not be genuine. Turkey is the fake capital of the world. She would have been fooled.

I believe China holds that title, Thailand probably a close second.

solarforce;6520535

if your mum says its real, it real, regardless if its fake. how is your … if your mum says its real, it real, regardless if its fake. how is your mum going to feel if you find out its fake and then you tell her mother. best to not find out.

that's true, if she bought this bag for you in good faith it may as well be real in principle it's irrelevant is the gesture that count, and she would feel mortified if she found out that she spent a lot of money on a fake. Enjoy it

Banned

This scam was done on The Real Hustle, they set up a shop for a day sell counterfeit goods sell them for cheap saying they are closing down. You go back later and they are gone.

bbc.co.uk/ipl…_4/

Original Poster

nikkib123;6520548

Even if it was half price it still will have been mega bucks for genuine … Even if it was half price it still will have been mega bucks for genuine chanel. How much did she pay? That will tell you.

it was £90 down to £45. its a small quilted style one with chain straps. still lovely even if it is fake lol

davelfc;6520542

It isn't real, (it's Turkey FFS) I'd check it was actually your mother as … It isn't real, (it's Turkey FFS) I'd check it was actually your mother as well and not a fake one.

you can get real stuff in turkey though...although few and far between.

you wont tell her, but you wont love it as much as a real one. dont find out

Bikebarbie;6520573

that's true, if she bought this bag for you in good faith it may as well … that's true, if she bought this bag for you in good faith it may as well be fake it's irrelevant is the gesture that count, and she would feel mortified if she found out that she spent a lot of money on a fake. Enjoy it

Rubbish, throw it back at her and demand she buy you a real one. ;-)

Shame on her.

lumoruk;6520575

This scam was done on The Real Hustle, they set up a shop for a day sell … This scam was done on The Real Hustle, they set up a shop for a day sell counterfeit goods sell them for cheap saying they are closing down. You go back later and they are gone.

thought it reminded me of something!

probs worth about a fiver she been
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4690488/thiefCartoon-main_Full.jpg

donnaraine;6520577

it was £90 down to £45. its a small quilted style one with chain straps. s … it was £90 down to £45. its a small quilted style one with chain straps. still lovely even if it is fake lol

you wouldnt even buy a Chanel Purse for £90 ;-) is it leather at least?

Original Poster

Bikebarbie;6520591

you wouldnt even buy a Chanel Purse for £90 ;-) is it leather at least?

shiny patent leather looking, dont know if its real leather or not though

donnaraine;6520607

It will be dog skin and made by a poor 8 year old in a sweat shop.

Bikebarbie;6520524

In which town was it bought? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been … In which town was it bought? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of saleIf you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you

That makes no sense!

davelfc;6520542

It isn't real, (it's Turkey FFS) I'd check it was actually your mother as … It isn't real, (it's Turkey FFS) I'd check it was actually your mother as well and not a fake one.

lol :thumbsup:

donnaraine;6520607

if it's real leather you could smell it, if not you will soon find out as it will fade and scratch / damage very easily. Mind you it sounds like one of those small evening bags in that case if used seldomly it can last for a long while :thumbsup:

without being rude.... enjoy the gift
thought that counts.
if it turns out to be fake.. your mum will be upset too.

thesaint;6520626

That makes no sense!

LOL

In which town was it bought (to find out if this 'branch' is an auth. Chanel distributor) ? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of sale

If you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you - if this branch is an authorized CHANEL point of sale

:roll:

Turkey amazed me with all the fakes, the perfume shops were all fake too. Even though they had real bottles and boxes. They had millions of fake bags too some were quite good fakes though. That's a shame, your poor mum, I'd keep quiet about it being fake don't want to upset her.

phone number must be on the receipt... wait 2 weeks .. see if its still open lol

Original Poster

michellerfc;6520675

Turkey amazed me with all the fakes, the perfume shops were all fake too. … Turkey amazed me with all the fakes, the perfume shops were all fake too. Even though they had real bottles and boxes. They had millions of fake bags too some were quite good fakes though. That's a shame, your poor mum, I'd keep quiet about it being fake don't want to upset her.

last time my parents went they said the fakes are amazing. dad bought a fake rolex which apparantly even fooled the jewellers over there.

but yeah i wont tell her. i needed a new evening bag and if a similar one was in new look or whatever i would buy it

donnaraine;6520607

Real leather doesnt burn, try a lighter to it

Original Poster

Bully;6520747

Real leather doesnt burn, try a lighter to it

no way! it might be fake but its still nice lol

Banned

davelfc;6520570

most of the goods are imported thru vietnam,mynamar and cambodia that are sold in thailand tbh

Bikebarbie;6520660

LOL In which town was it bought (to find out if this 'branch' is an auth. … LOL In which town was it bought (to find out if this 'branch' is an auth. Chanel distributor) ? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of saleIf you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you - if this branch is an authorized CHANEL point of sale:roll:

So if a shop owner bought it from Chanel, and stocked it in their non authorised shop, it would suddenly become non genuine?

I laugh and roll my eyes in return.

Bikebarbie;6520660

LOL In which town was it bought (to find out if this 'branch' is an auth. … LOL In which town was it bought (to find out if this 'branch' is an auth. Chanel distributor) ? To be a genuine Chanel it must have been sold in an authorized CHANEL point of saleIf you call Customer Relations Service at 0208 688 7131 they will be able to tell you - if this branch is an authorized CHANEL point of sale:roll:

relax. it made sense to everyone but him...

davelfc;6520570

true thing with turkey is that theyre bad fakes

Original Poster

jasonrat;6520885

true thing with turkey is that theyre bad fakes

ahhh shurrup jason lol
its a good one! but i suppose like anywhere you get good and bad fakes

thesaint;6520828

So if a shop owner bought it from Chanel, and stocked it in their non … So if a shop owner bought it from Chanel, and stocked it in their non authorised shop, it would suddenly become non genuine?I laugh and roll my eyes in return.

that's a good point but

1- fictitious scenario that would very unlikely occur in a reputable shop - cant see the point in that
2- however given that it did happen, of course it's genuine, but it would void the guarantee. So if you have loose stitching for example or the zip breaks and you take it to a genuine Chanel shop they would not touch it :thumbsup:

Banned

thesaint;6520828

So if a shop owner bought it from Chanel, and stocked it in their non … So if a shop owner bought it from Chanel, and stocked it in their non authorised shop, it would suddenly become non genuine?I laugh and roll my eyes in return.

they wouldn't be able to buy it from Chanel if they weren't an authorised dealer.

But yes it sort of could, in the eyes of the law, look at tescos and the levis they bought outside the proper channels.

Bikebarbie;6520924

that's a good point but 1- fictitious scenario that would very unlikely … that's a good point but 1- fictitious scenario that would very unlikely occur in a reputable shop - cant see the point in that2- however given that it did happen, of course it's genuine, but it would void the guarantee. So if you have loose stitching for example or the zip breaks and you take it to a genuine Chanel shop they would not touch it :thumbsup:

colinsunderland;6520946

they wouldn't be able to buy it from Chanel if they weren't an authorised … they wouldn't be able to buy it from Chanel if they weren't an authorised dealer.But yes it sort of could, in the eyes of the law, look at tescos and the levis they bought outside the proper channels.

"Back in the day", I used to buy Tommy Hilfiger clothing in London, and sell them to a designer clothing store in Leicester, as I had a "contact".

Guess others do it to, unless my entrepreneurial nouse is a one-off.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop47
    2. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.22
    3. What's this on my neighbours roof?89
    4. Need a good printer where the ink is cheap to buy812

See more discussions