Groups

Man armed with knife 'holds job centre staff in Newcastle

Staff at a Jobcentre in Newcastle are being held by a man armed with a knife.

The armed man entered the premises on Clifford Street in Byker at about 08:00 BST. Several members of staff are thought to be held there, police said.

Police negotiators are at the scene and the roads around the premises have been closed as a precaution.

Northumbria Police said the man responsible was known to the Jobcentre and it was being treated as an isolated incident at this stage.

A statement from police said: "Police are aware that there are a number of concerns about the ongoing situation in Byker following recent terror incidents in Manchester and London.

"At this time there is no information or intelligence to suggest this is a terrorist incident."

bbc.co.uk/new…979

-----------------------------------------

Update

Staff at a Jobcentre in Newcastle have been released after being held by a man armed with a knife.

A statement from police said: "Police are aware that there are a number of concerns about the ongoing situation in Byker following recent terror incidents in Manchester and London.

Top comments

Probably just a Chef looking for a job.

Original Poster

teh.arn

​Prison chef now..

Michelle70Amy

What has this got to do with buying items that are hot/cold deals. This … What has this got to do with buying items that are hot/cold deals. This should be kept for facebook !!!!!

Dear o dear theres a lot of poor lost souls wondering around HUKD at the moment, shuffling along whaling wheres the deals?

Maybe we need sign posts
    48 Comments

probably someone who's benefits sanctioned for very little reason.

How strong is this guy? Or are the staff really thin?

Original Poster

teh.arn

​Prison chef now..

Cos you cant use a chair in defending yourself anymore, they're all bloody screwed down.

Destard

http://www.leftfutures.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Gizza-Job-copy-e1316118541771.jpg (_;)

rhinopaul

Cos you cant use a chair in defending yourself anymore, they're all … Cos you cant use a chair in defending yourself anymore, they're all bloody screwed down.

They have an abundance of sharpened pencils and rolled up sanction forms though

Destard

If its anything like the JCP i goto theres two g4s security guys who look like they are passed retirement age. They don't have any weapons or anything not even a large torch.

I feel sorry for them in my JCP they are the most sensible people there, very nice and chatty know more about stuff then the desk staff and get fed up with it, one in particular told me he has to do everything and its not his job because he's been there years and the desk staff are not properly trained

Destard

Actually I'm now wondering if he's just got very big hands

delusion

They have an abundance of sharpened pencils and rolled up sanction forms … They have an abundance of sharpened pencils and rolled up sanction forms though

No they don't its all computers, the graphics tablet with the stylus on a bungee cord is nailed to the bloody desk X)

Error440

If its anything like the JCP i goto theres two g4s security guys who look … If its anything like the JCP i goto theres two g4s security guys who look like they are passed retirement age. They don't have any weapons or anything not even a large torch.I feel sorry for them in my JCP they are the most sensible people there, very nice and chatty know more about stuff then the desk staff and get fed up with it, one in particular told me he has to do everything and its not his job because he's been there years and the desk staff are not properly trained

Can't they employ the jobless to do those roles? Some sort of paradox

Error440

If its anything like the JCP i goto theres two g4s security guys who look … If its anything like the JCP i goto theres two g4s security guys who look like they are passed retirement age. They don't have any weapons or anything not even a large torch.I feel sorry for them in my JCP they are the most sensible people there, very nice and chatty know more about stuff then the desk staff and get fed up with it, one in particular told me he has to do everything and its not his job because he's been there years and the desk staff are not properly trained

​he should look for a new job then.

Probably Daniel Blake

Error440

No they don't its all computers, the graphics tablet with the stylus on a … No they don't its all computers, the graphics tablet with the stylus on a bungee cord is nailed to the bloody desk X)

Ah, how modern.

They probably need a self defense kit next to the fire extinguisher and first aid kit these days.

Destard

Can't they employ the jobless to do those roles? Some sort of paradox

Do you know i said that to the advisor a few weeks ago when i was late signing on because the place was short staffed, she said they already do. Clearly not enough.

delusion

Ah, how modern. They probably need a self defense kit next to the fire … Ah, how modern. They probably need a self defense kit next to the fire extinguisher and first aid kit these days.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+have+a+few+wallpapers+and+a+spoon+_88e39dde92604898e338c4191c8315e5.jpg

The other meme I wanted to post would of got me banned but it said " I got a F**k**G spoon.
    Edited by: "rhinopaul" 9th Jun

delusion

Ah, how modern. They probably need a self defense kit next to the fire … Ah, how modern. They probably need a self defense kit next to the fire extinguisher and first aid kit these days.

When i first went in there in January i was very perturbed by the lack of filing cabinets​, documents, paper that kind of thing, theres nothing long gone are the days of a small binder being brought out with your signing on paper in it, i guess if the computers​ go down they just send out payments automatically. Not seen so much as a stapler and even the computer monitors are locked to the desks

health and safety

health and safety

Destard

They don't get paid enough for dealing with the general public as it is, never mind getting into ruck with an angry and armed chap. Let the police taser him and drag him out.

Staff at a Jobcentre in Newcastle have been released after being held by a man armed with a knife

Could be one of their own who could not take another five years of public service cuts and frozen wages (_;)
    Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 9th Jun

Original Poster

Hostages now released..

Dawsy

Hostages now released..

Good news.

Error440

Could be one of their own who could not take another five years of public … Could be one of their own who could not take another five years of public service cuts and frozen wages (_;)

​or an idiot who chooses to traumatise regular people.

It was worse than this down the bigg market on a Saturday night

Would this be considered fake news?
    31151059-WjWHb.jpg
    Someone in the BBC needs to read what they publish.
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 9th Jun

shaft1973

probably someone who's benefits sanctioned for very little reason.

I suppose now he/she will get a roof over their head and 3 square meals a day. It's very odd that we treat criminals better than those out of work. Hope the staff are all ok, they are just the grunts that have to implement silly rules.

splatsplatsplat

I suppose now he/she will get a roof over their head and 3 square meals a … I suppose now he/she will get a roof over their head and 3 square meals a day. It's very odd that we treat criminals better than those out of work. Hope the staff are all ok, they are just the grunts that have to implement silly rules.

Yeah benefits - it is so hard getting free money nowadays.

I cant be the only one who saw this and thought are JC open at 8am.

had a fake bomb vest

chroniclelive.co.uk/new…408
    Edited by: "eslick" 9th Jun

davewave

Yeah benefits - it is so hard getting free money nowadays.

​I have a job but I can see how hard it is to come off benefits. ie take a crap paid job then have to pay rent, pay council tax. it genuinely is worth staying on benefits if pay is so poor.

shaft1973

I have a job but I can see how hard it is to come off benefits. ie take … I have a job but I can see how hard it is to come off benefits. ie take a crap paid job then have to pay rent, pay council tax. it genuinely is worth staying on benefits if pay is so poor.

and that's the problem with the benefit system, you get a job so you don't need to reply on the system, more self esteem and as most know if you have a job you have more chances of getting another one. Yes benefits system is needed but once you didn't get any help, you had to survive on your own, now there is a lot of help out there and maybe its gone to far the other way. I know not a PC way of seeing it but seen it first hand with no help, no top ups and you know I am better because of it.

the.porter

Probably Daniel Blake

It's Newcastle so surely 'Why Aye Daniel Blake'

Original Poster

These fake bomb vests are becoming popular..
    Does make you wonder if the met would have "eliminated the threat" in under 8 minutes..

What has this got to do with buying items that are hot/cold deals. This should be kept for facebook !!!!!

Michelle70Amy

What has this got to do with buying items that are hot/cold deals. This … What has this got to do with buying items that are hot/cold deals. This should be kept for facebook !!!!!

because there are more pages to this site than just the deals.

Michelle70Amy

Dear o dear theres a lot of poor lost souls wondering around HUKD at the moment, shuffling along whaling wheres the deals?

Maybe we need sign posts

I hear it all got sorted around the time Gazza arrived with chicken, lager and a fishing rod...

Error440

..... shuffling along whaling wheres the deals?Maybe we need sign posts

Or cattle prods if reading, comprehension and basic navigation is an issue.

Michelle70Amy

Update the Code of Conduct and suspend anyone who threadspoils like this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions