Groups

Man City - Arsenal ** SPOILERS **

Spoilers !

39 Comments

Spammed as it has spoilers

Banned

Didn't realise Arsenal would be so weak this season. They must've thrown this game away.

Original Poster

thesaint;6275444

Spammed as it has spoilers

I have removed the score

Supermod

Did you watch the game?

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6275465

Did you watch the game?

I was there mate, you not get a flight for the Stretford game ?

Supermod

iNSOMANiAC;6275468

Awesome.

Wouldnt need a flight...;-)

Original Poster

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46367000/jpg/_46367397_adebayorb466.jpg

Adebayor in front of the Gunners fans

Original Poster

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/article153511.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Manchester+City+v+Arsenal+-+Premier+League.png

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/article153241.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Manchester+City+v+Arsenal+-+Premier+League.png

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02w49nPbWA0bx/610x.jpg

FilthAndFurry;6275447

Didn't realise Arsenal would be so weak this season. They must've thrown … Didn't realise Arsenal would be so weak this season. They must've thrown this game away.

Or, as I said, they're an above average team.

Original Poster

adrian96;6275627

They certainly had their chances but missed the finishing of someone like say, Ade 'barn door'

Banned

blimin bluemoon site is having a tantrum:x

SuperEd

adrian96;6275627

like stoke are a average team?

we lost and deserved to lose well done to man city for taking their chances

Original Poster

dog_cop;6276157

blimin bluemoon site is having a tantrum:x

It always does when theres been a match on !

iNSOMANiAC;6275468

Is it true that Ade stamped on Van Persies face, which should of apparantly been a straight red before he scored and then attempted to entice the Arsenal fans by taunting them?

And then he's going to go to the press and say "I don't know what more to do to make the Arsenal fans love me" lol

I guess he would be upset if the City fans didn't take to him because he begged Chelsea and Man Utd to make a last ditch bid for him the night before he cemented his new contract lol

Has anyone else realised that this is his forth contract in 3 and half years, says it all really?..... :whistling:

images.teamtalk.com/09/…jpg

This is after Ade intentionally stamped on Van Persie, literally a couple CMs away from his eye before he scored the goal that sealed the result and ran the full length of the pitch to taunt the Arsenal fans.

If I ever see Ade at some of the clubs I used to promote, I don't care about the consequences, I'll tell him what a pr*** he is and why everyone hates him...I have even more reason to hate him, as he spent a few nights with my brother and his friends....all I will say is he thinks he's respectful but he does disrespectful things behind everyones back. :x

Banned

If I ever see Adescoresomemore in a club, I'll shake his hand and buy him a drink.

guv;6277595

If I ever see Adescoresomemore in a club, I'll shake his hand and buy him … If I ever see Adescoresomemore in a club, I'll shake his hand and buy him a drink.

He normally likes chilling at the club we used to promote (Mo*vida) but I don't know if he'd be willing to travel that far now that he doesn't know where he is.

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;6277152

Is it true that Ade stamped on Van Persies face, which should of … Is it true that Ade stamped on Van Persies face, which should of apparantly been a straight red before he scored and then attempted to entice the Arsenal fans by taunting them?And then he's going to go to the press and say "I don't know what more to do to make the Arsenal fans love me" lolI guess he would be upset if the City fans didn't take to him because he begged Chelsea and Man Utd to make a last ditch bid for him the night before he cemented his new contract lolHas anyone else realised that this is his forth contract in 3 and half years, says it all really?..... :whistling:

While we're being biased, when Van Persie scored he came up to our lot screaming 'f*ck off', MOTD didnt bother to show that though.....

Oh and his tackle on Ade was a career ender too, they were both in the wrong but Van Persie playing the victim is the most hilarious thing ive seen all day

http://i27.tinypic.com/1ruomd.gif

iNSOMANiAC;6278014

While we're being biased, when Van Persie scored he came up to our lot … While we're being biased, when Van Persie scored he came up to our lot screaming 'f*ck off', MOTD didnt bother to show that though.....Oh and his tackle on Ade was a career ender too, they were both in the wrong but Van Persie playing the victim is the most hilarious thing ive seen all day

Come on mate....after seeing that video you posted, do you not think he should of been punished with full intent of stamping?
    I never saw a scratch on Ade, yet Van P was left with blood streaming down his face.

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;6278150

Come on mate....after seeing that video you posted, do you not think he … Come on mate....after seeing that video you posted, do you not think he should of been punished with full intent of stamping?I never saw a scratch on Ade, yet Van P was left with blood streaming down his face.

Thats because Ade jumped out of the way, Van Persie tried to cripple him. Van persie should have been red carded and Ade will probably get a ban.

Worth pointing out that the arsenal fans hospitalized a Steward as well who was sparked clean out at the side of the pitch, again, not mentioned on the match of the top four.

Original Poster

Heres Van 'The Saint' Persie doing exactly what Ade did, except swearing at the fans too http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00887/04_Arsenal_celebrat_887560a.jpg

iNSOMANiAC;6278378

Heres Van 'The Saint' Persie doing exactly what Ade did, except swearing … Heres Van 'The Saint' Persie doing exactly what Ade did, except swearing at the fans too

Yup, why punish Ade?

Banned

adrian96;6278787

Yup, why punish Ade?

Same old arsenal... always whingeing! :w00t:

It does make me laugh. Adescoremore is in the dock, but they've failed to (a) acknowledge he could have just broken his leg in a badly timed tackle. (b) its but a scratch anyway and (c) he went up to the home fans and taunted them. (And lets be fair, adescoremore has a good reason for getting into gooner faces.)

Hypocrite much!

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6278378

Heres Van 'The Saint' Persie doing exactly what Ade did, except swearing … Heres Van 'The Saint' Persie doing exactly what Ade did, except swearing at the fans too

Bit of a difference between what Van Persie did when he scored at that end, and what Adebayor did after running the length of the pitch.:roll:

Van Persie's tackle was a bad one. To me it was a yellow card. But deliberately raking the face of an opponent on the ground is worth at least a month's ban in rugby.

With Tevez and Robinho injured and your next game against Utd, Adebayor perfectly displayed why Arsenal fans weren't that bothered to see him leave because he did the same thing for them, without the goals.

Banned

guv;6278810

Same old arsenal... always whingeing! :w00t:It does make me laugh. … Same old arsenal... always whingeing! :w00t:It does make me laugh. Adescoremore is in the dock, but they've failed to (a) acknowledge he could have just broken his leg in a badly timed tackle. (b) its but a scratch anyway and (c) he went up to the home fans and taunted them. (And lets be fair, adescoremore has a good reason for getting into gooner faces.)Hypocrite much!

Maybe it is just a scratch, but Adebayor intentionally raked the face of an opponent. The authorities aren't in the best mood at the moment so who knows how long he'll get.

The thing is, as a Spurs fan this counts as a good weekend for you even though you lost 3-1 at home because you define yourself by Arsenal's results more than your own team's:p

Banned

guv;6278810

Same old arsenal... always whingeing! :w00t:It does make me laugh. … Same old arsenal... always whingeing! :w00t:It does make me laugh. Adescoremore is in the dock, but fails to (a) acknowledge he could have just broken his leg in a badly timed tackle. (b) its but a scratch anyway and (c) went up to the home fans and taunted them. Hypocrite much!

what makes me laugh ..If old bacon face or the FA`s chums its would be glossed over if it had been one of their pretty boys, double standards exist for incidents like this, It was a stupid move by Ady, there is no room for this sort of tackle, but untill there is a level playing field for all teams.. the FA can kiss my Blue Bottom :-D

Sorry, I am not gonna tolerate the riot from the Arsenal fans. Not his fault they win F-all.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6278825

Maybe it is just a scratch, but Adebayor intentionally raked the face of … Maybe it is just a scratch, but Adebayor intentionally raked the face of an opponent. The authorities aren't in the best mood at the moment so who knows how long he'll get.

He had to put his foot down. Van Persie just happened to have his ugly mug in this way.

The thing is, as a Spurs fan this counts as a good weekend for you even … The thing is, as a Spurs fan this counts as a good weekend for you even though you lost 3-1 at home because you define yourself by Arsenal's results more than your own team's:p

I've not even mentioned Arsenals result. Please keep the subject on topic.

Some people! :roll:

Banned

guv;6278872

He had to put his foot down. Van Persie just happened to have his ugly … He had to put his foot down. Van Persie just happened to have his ugly mug in this way.

Behave;-)

It's clear that Adebayor turned his foot to rake Van Persie's face. I dislike Van Persie as much as the next guy, but it was clearly intentional.

He wasn't going for the ball. Maybe it was retribution for the tackle or maybe it was something else.

Original Poster

Have to laugh when alan 'the personality' shearer tells us how disgraceful it was on 'Match of the top four'
    youtube.com/wat…ded

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6280273

Have to laugh when alan 'the personality' shearer tells us how … Have to laugh when alan 'the personality' shearer tells us how disgraceful it was on 'Match of the top four'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ&feature=player_embedded

So because Shearer kicked an opponent in the face around a decade ago, he can't comment on such an incident ever again?

PS. You can't play the little victim when you are one of the world's richest clubs:thumbsup:

Chances are you'll be one of the top four.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;6280523

So because Shearer kicked an opponent in the face around a decade ago, he … So because Shearer kicked an opponent in the face around a decade ago, he can't comment on such an incident ever again?PS. You can't play the little victim when you are one of the world's richest clubs:thumbsup:Chances are you'll be one of the top four.

Of course he can comment, its just makes him a laughable hypocrite thats all ;-)

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6280808

Of course he can comment, its just makes him a laughable hypocrite thats … Of course he can comment, its just makes him a laughable hypocrite thats all ;-)

Ah, so because he kicked Lennon in the face, the correct response to the Adebayor's raking is to say 'I did it so I can understand why he did it'.

Good thing that Alan Hansen never made a defensive mistake during his playing days, otherwise you'd be calling him a hypocrite when he criticises defenders on MOTD:roll:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;6280853

Ah, so because he kicked Lennon in the face, the correct response to the … Ah, so because he kicked Lennon in the face, the correct response to the Adebayor's raking is to say 'I did it so I can understand why he did it'.Good thing that Alan Hansen never made a defensive mistake during his playing days, otherwise you'd be calling him a hypocrite when he criticises defenders on MOTD:roll:

Why do you spend so much time on an internet forum criticising other members football teams and their players, when you refuse to reveal who you support yourself?

Actions of a coward that can't handle debate unless they have an unfair advantage? Oh wait a minute.............................

Some people!:roll:

Banned

guv;6281070

Why do you spend so much time on an internet forum criticising other … Why do you spend so much time on an internet forum criticising other members football teams and their players, when you refuse to reveal who you support yourself?Actions of a coward that can't handle debate unless they have an unfair advantage? Oh wait a minute.............................Some people!:roll:

It means other people can't make ad hominem attacks and try and distract from the issue....

like the one you've just made:roll:

guv;6281070

Why do you spend so much time on an internet forum criticising other … Why do you spend so much time on an internet forum criticising other members football teams and their players, when you refuse to reveal who you support yourself?Actions of a coward that can't handle debate unless they have an unfair advantage? Oh wait a minute.............................Some people!:roll:

as we are all now aware he needs to

http://houselist.bowerypresents.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/grow_a_pair_trans5.png

iNSOMANiAC;6278359

Thats because Ade jumped out of the way, Van Persie tried to cripple him. … Thats because Ade jumped out of the way, Van Persie tried to cripple him. Van persie should have been red carded and Ade will probably get a ban. Worth pointing out that the arsenal fans hospitalized a Steward as well who was sparked clean out at the side of the pitch, again, not mentioned on the match of the top four.

That was caused by Ade incencing the fans....why do you think it's against the rules to celebrate in that manner? :roll:

Van Persies slide was reckless but it didn't catch him and he attempted to get the ball, whereas Ade attempted to stamp his face no where near the ball...surely you've noticed the difference?

realfriendlyman;6283186

That was caused by Ade incencing the fans....why do you think it's … That was caused by Ade incencing the fans....why do you think it's against the rules to celebrate in that manner? :roll:Van Persies slide was reckless but it didn't catch him and he attempted to get the ball, whereas Ade attempted to stamp his face no where near the ball...surely you've noticed the difference?

Sure, but the only reason he didn't get him was because Adebayor moved out of the way.

"I understand that some fans have booed and jeered him and I saw things being thrown on the pitch, plastic chairs and stuff, which was wrong. But what the hell was he doing?

"He is earning, reportedly, £180,000 a week and he should be able to rise above booing and name calling.

"If you gave me £180,000 a week you could call me anything you wanted."

goal.com/en/…yor

I saw the above quote on some football site, what an absolutely incoherent argument. How does the relation between earnings and tolerance for abuse from fans even correlate? The mind boggles. Infact I think the very last sentence was probably taken from a joke Jason Manford made on 8 Out of 10 Cats some episodes ago, to think someone has taken that line and used it to formulate part of a serious argument is shocking and funny at the same time.

I've been a City fan forever, it runs in the family. I went to a few matches as a kid but never religiously followed it like some fans. I've regained interest since the takeover, it's been exciting to see all the new players come in. One thing I cannot get over is the bitterness and contempt for City coming in from all angles. I have no grievances with any other club, but it seems plenty of people now have a problem with City purely because they've now got some serious cash backing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1640
      2. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?22
      3. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good22
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1215

See more discussions