Man City banned from Champions League for two seasons and fined €30m by Uefa

Groups

Top comments
Is it true that they’ve also got to give back all of their European Cups??
Oh dear, Unlike City, I hope a certain banned member on here can have his ban overturned!

Now that top 5 is enough for CL football, I'm sure we'll come 6th
47 Comments
Atleast they can sort themselves out in the league
Pep would probably leave and harder to attract players without Champions League.
So the 5th place team will get the 4th Champs league spot?
Make no mistake, this is subject to appeal.

UEFA already previewed the outcome of the investigation before it even started, which is seriously flawed in the eyes of CAS. "Financial Fair Play" breaks labour laws in every single EU country, when this goes to court it will be UEFA left red faced when the ban is unnennforcable
Edited by: "----" 14th Feb
----14/02/2020 18:56

Make no mistake, this is subject to appeal. UEFA already previewed the …Make no mistake, this is subject to appeal. UEFA already previewed the outcome of the investigation before it even started, which is seriously flawed in the eyes of CAS. "Financial Fair Play" breaks labour laws in every single EU country, when this goes to court it will be UEFA left red faced when the ban is unnennforcable

Totally agree but it depends on each rule they broke. They didn't just break one.

Make no mistake, this is subject to appeal. UEFA already previewed the …Make no mistake, this is subject to appeal. UEFA already previewed the outcome of the investigation before it even started, which is seriously flawed in the eyes of CAS. "Financial Fair Play" breaks labour laws in every single EU country, when this goes to court it will be UEFA left red faced when the ban is unnennforcable

I’d love to know what Man City lawyers charge per hour, I’m sure it will be eye watering
gyro8514/02/2020 19:06

I’d love to know what Man City lawyers charge per hour, I’m sure it will be …I’d love to know what Man City lawyers charge per hour, I’m sure it will be eye watering

They are probably retained or on salary so the cost will be the same as last year.
It almost certainly won't be enforced as they'll likely win the appeal due to UEFA's actions.

If it is enforced though, I can see Pep quitting.
Willy_Wonka14/02/2020 19:09

They are probably retained or on salary so the cost will be the same as …They are probably retained or on salary so the cost will be the same as last year.

No way, lawyers charge for a cup of coffee and to post a letter, would be stupid to be on salary, can’t make it up as they go along then, its not like they get perks of CL final tickets 😁
Edited by: "gyro85" 14th Feb
They deserve everything they get, the punishment should be worse imo
Oh dear, Unlike City, I hope a certain banned member on here can have his ban overturned!

Now that top 5 is enough for CL football, I'm sure we'll come 6th
JohnnyRoller14/02/2020 19:22

They deserve everything they get, the punishment should be worse imo

I agree, They should be instantly relegated and gift all there points to there nearest Neighbours
Bang goes all those sell out european nights at the emptihad, this is not the Brexit pep voted for
For City's sake, I hope they turn up to CAS with a better defence than they've had this season.
.MUFC.14/02/2020 19:25

I agree, They should be instantly relegated and gift all there points to …I agree, They should be instantly relegated and gift all there points to there nearest Neighbours

And swap owners and CEO, coaching & recruiting staff, manager and most of the players
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell14/02/2020 19:35

And swap owners and CEO, coaching & recruiting staff, manager and most of …And swap owners and CEO, coaching & recruiting staff, manager and most of the players

39907679-kqGB2.jpg
Edited by: "Candystore" 14th Feb
39907693-Fdxy2.jpg
If they appeal and lose, could the judge increase the ban?
Should be 4 years to hit them financially really hard.
Roses are Red,
Manchester isn't Blue,
The UK left Europe,
Now Man City have too!
Speculator14/02/2020 19:54

If they appeal and lose, could the judge increase the ban?

Hopefully
gyro8514/02/2020 19:06

I’d love to know what Man City lawyers charge per hour, I’m sure it will be …I’d love to know what Man City lawyers charge per hour, I’m sure it will be eye watering

Their costs were covered by the sock sponsorship.
It will be interesting to see if they will field a weakened team in the Premier league for the rest of the season and focus on the Champions League.
Edited by: "Speculator" 14th Feb
Bandicoot14/02/2020 19:33

Bang goes all those sell out european nights at the emptihad, this is not …Bang goes all those sell out european nights at the emptihad, this is not the Brexit pep voted for

What sell out nights? They must have an average of 10,000 empty seats every game.

When these owners get bored of City, and one day they will, or UEFA / FIFA make it completely impractical for billionaires to throw money at football clubs, Man City will be in trouble as they just don’t have the fanbase to sustain the level of debt they must surely have. Never have, never will.

I don’t have anything against City, but these problems are of their own making.

The next Portsmouth in the making, only on a much larger scale.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 14th Feb

CAS overturned the Chelsea transfer ban from 2 windows to 1 so there's history.

What about PSG? If Man City guilty then surely a case for them too
u66454114/02/2020 20:34

CAS overturned the Chelsea transfer ban from 2 windows to 1 so there's …CAS overturned the Chelsea transfer ban from 2 windows to 1 so there's history. What about PSG? If Man City guilty then surely a case for them too

The Chelsea saga was entirely different because CAS did find them guilty of several infringements, but less than the amount FIFA claimed so the punishment was applied with reduced effect.
CAS also found PSG innocent and any bans for them are unlikely.
joeydeacon14/02/2020 20:29

What sell out nights? They must have an average of 10,000 empty seats …What sell out nights? They must have an average of 10,000 empty seats every game.When these owners get bored of City, and one day they will, or UEFA / FIFA make it completely impractical for billionaires to throw money at football clubs, Man City will be in trouble as they just don’t have the fanbase to sustain the level of debt they must surely have. Never have, never will.I don’t have anything against City, but these problems are of their own making. The next Portsmouth in the making, only on a much larger scale.

I think it was a joke, everyone knows Man City wouldn’t sell out a CL final anyway
I’m so happy with this news
u66454114/02/2020 20:34

CAS overturned the Chelsea transfer ban from 2 windows to 1 so there's …CAS overturned the Chelsea transfer ban from 2 windows to 1 so there's history. What about PSG? If Man City guilty then surely a case for them too

Hopefully, can't stand PSG.
"COULD CITY FACE PL POINTS DEDUCTION?

The Premier League is continuing its investigation into Manchester City and will not comment on any potential sanctions at this time.

However, The Independent are reporting that City are now facing a Premier League points deduction, as their punishment for “serious breaches” of UEFA FFP also represents a breach of the domestic competition’s regulations."
.MUFC.14/02/2020 22:54

"COULD CITY FACE PL POINTS DEDUCTION?The Premier League is continuing its …"COULD CITY FACE PL POINTS DEDUCTION?The Premier League is continuing its investigation into Manchester City and will not comment on any potential sanctions at this time.However, The Independent are reporting that City are now facing a Premier League points deduction, as their punishment for “serious breaches” of UEFA FFP also represents a breach of the domestic competition’s regulations."

90pt reduction so the most they will end up with is zero.

10, 20, 30 pt reduction would be pointless.
Edited by: "Speculator" 14th Feb
Speculator14/02/2020 23:02

94pt reduction!10, 20, 30 pt reduction would be pointless.

Be funny if they won the CAS appeal but got relegated due to PL points deduction so they miss out on at least 2 Champions Leagues anyway lol
Maybe Foden might actually get some game time after the others jump ship
The bluemoon forum seem to be pretty pragmatic with the news.
"However, the punishment has no implications for City's women's team.".

That's the main thing then.

It's irritates me that some seem to assume that if you are interested in the Men's game in the UK then you also want info on the Women's game here.
The women's game is about as alien to me as the Chinese league and I am interested in neither.
If I click on English Football on TV here it also gives all the women's fixtures:
live-footballontv.com/liv…tml

Mind you they can't even get it right that it's not purely an English league.
Good luck to them, but I just don't have the time for any more football.
joeydeacon14/02/2020 20:29

What sell out nights? They must have an average of 10,000 empty seats …What sell out nights? They must have an average of 10,000 empty seats every game.When these owners get bored of City, and one day they will, or UEFA / FIFA make it completely impractical for billionaires to throw money at football clubs, Man City will be in trouble as they just don’t have the fanbase to sustain the level of debt they must surely have. Never have, never will.I don’t have anything against City, but these problems are of their own making. The next Portsmouth in the making, only on a much larger scale.

I think you will find I called it The Emptihad for a reason
.MUFC.14/02/2020 19:24

Oh dear, Unlike City, I hope a certain banned member on here can have his …Oh dear, Unlike City, I hope a certain banned member on here can have his ban overturned!Now that top 5 is enough for CL football, I'm sure we'll come 6th

Yes, totally agree
midlandscomics14/02/2020 19:27

Yep.all none of them.joking aside,this has been going on for years and all that was leaked was the pending punishment.dont think it will be overturned.foolish decisions made by owners thinking they would get away with it.they did the same thing before and that is why I believe the ban will stand.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants