Man Utd - Oh Dear!

Found 13th Mar
Even we managed to beat these last season and we even had Shakespeare in charge at the time.

Jose obviously not in the same league as good old Shakey and found to be out of his depth tonight.

Perhaps they should have started with another defensive midfielder.

Taxi for Borinho!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it

Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try.

Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped.

Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable tolerant but that simply wasn't acceptable on any level.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 14th Mar
.MUFC.9 m ago

The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on …The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try. Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped. Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable but that simple wasn't acceptable on any level.

Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss.

I watched him misplace a pass to one of their players near the centre circle. He didn't bat an eyelid. He made no attempt to win the ball back, he just ambled back in the general direction of play, even though it was passed near him more or less straight away. Any player with a bit of heart would have chased after that ball like a man possessed, trying to rectify his mistake.
It was an awful, terrible and pathetic peformance from Man Utd, and one of the worst days I can remember being a United Supporter.

Everything was wrong including tactics and team selection.

The line up was just wrong, why after a decent win against Liverpool was the team changed. At this point I am asking myself what Fellaini has to to do in order to be sold, the only good thing I can say is he at least seems to try harder than most but he simply does not have the quality to play in United's midfield and looks like he will leave in the summer as his contract is up.
More to the point we needed somone alongside Matic to control the game, why didn't Mctominay play or even Herrera. Herrera woud have at least plugged the massive space in midfield. Sevilla simply had so much room and space to advance into unchallenged. There was no creativity, Mata should have started to link the midfield to the attack.

There are two players that deserve a special mention for really poor performances, Sanchez and Pogba. Sanchez looks a shadow of the player he once was for Arsenal. For Man Utd he simply has not got going since day 1, and he should have been dropped a long time ago. He cannot pass the ball to another player in his team, his confidence is at rock bottom. Pogba was even worse when he came on, I honestly lost count how much times he gave the ball away, and even worse he did not even look interested in winning it back. At least Sanchez tried to recover posession. I feel sorry for Anthony Martial who was doing so well until Sanchez took his place, Martial brings a much better balance to the side and discipline in his positioning, with the added bonus of being able to pass the ball to a teammate.

That brings me to the crux of the problems Man Utd have; Mourinho. I don't think he deserves any more time, yes he may win a few trophies if he stays for a few years. But, let me put it to you this way, Pep Guardiola would get better performances and results if he were in charge of this side. There is definitely a lot of quality within this United squad and rightly so if you spend the amount money that has been spent. However, they are not playing together, or gelling together. You look at the best in the world right now on current form; Barca, Bayern, hard to say it but Man City as well, they play as a team and don't rely on the individual. They have a way of playing that is completely bought into by the team, the board, and importantly the fans. Man United don't have this, the fans don't buy into the way they play and at least some of the team clearly don't from there non-performances.

It has been clear to anyone who watches Man Utd regularly that they scrape by in many matches and rely heavily on the defence, with a massive reliance on De Gea. Without him we would not get in the top four, and if I were him I would go to Real Madrid where the team are actually set up to attack.

Mourinho's park the bus tactics will definitely work against the majority of teams simply due to the quality United have in the side but it just doesn't work in the long term and agaisnt the best teams, it doesn't even work agaisnt some mediocre teams such as Sevilla.
Edited by: "madridpaid_the_referee" 14th Mar
29 Comments
Oh, Towelie, I can't stand Man U, but even I support them in Europe, when all is said and done they're Brits and I want my fellow Brits to do well in the world - even if it is the mank redneck Brits.
Crap line up !!
Edited by: "akkybadi" 13th Mar
tryn2help11 m ago

Oh, Towelie, I can't stand Man U, but even I support them in Europe, when …Oh, Towelie, I can't stand Man U, but even I support them in Europe, when all is said and done they're Brits and I want my fellow Brits to do well in the world - even if it is the mank redneck Brits.

Normally I would agree but it is better to see the back of his anti-football out of the competition.

So negative they deserved to lose.

33436131-3WXRD.jpg
GGMU next year is their year
Bring back SAF
The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it

Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try.

Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped.

Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable tolerant but that simply wasn't acceptable on any level.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 14th Mar
.MUFC.9 m ago

The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on …The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try. Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped. Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable but that simple wasn't acceptable on any level.

Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss.

I watched him misplace a pass to one of their players near the centre circle. He didn't bat an eyelid. He made no attempt to win the ball back, he just ambled back in the general direction of play, even though it was passed near him more or less straight away. Any player with a bit of heart would have chased after that ball like a man possessed, trying to rectify his mistake.
.MUFC.11 m ago

Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite …Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable but that simple wasn't acceptable on any level.

You might be tolerant but you're certainly not tolerable
deeky2 m ago

Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss. I watched him misplace a …Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss. I watched him misplace a pass to one of their players near the centre circle. He didn't bat an eyelid. He made no attempt to win the ball back, he just ambled back in the general direction of play, even though it was passed near him more or less straight away. Any player with a bit of heart would have chased after that ball like a man possessed, trying to rectify his mistake.

I think Pogba is gone in the summer, Should have let City have Sanchez .
.MUFC.52 s ago

We might give you £5m each for them.
deeky3 m ago

You might be tolerant but you're certainly not tolerable

Lol, I've just woke up after the bore fest.
.MUFC.6 m ago

He has turned MU over twice now. Shocking attitude to get another move on his terms.

.MUFC.18 m ago

The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on …The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try. Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped. Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable tolerant but that simple wasn't acceptable on any level.

deeky8 m ago

Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss. I watched him misplace a …Pogba needs binning. He couldn't give a toss. I watched him misplace a pass to one of their players near the centre circle. He didn't bat an eyelid. He made no attempt to win the ball back, he just ambled back in the general direction of play, even though it was passed near him more or less straight away. Any player with a bit of heart would have chased after that ball like a man possessed, trying to rectify his mistake.

Both spot on.
deeky7 m ago

£5m for Sanchez = profit since we're only paying his wages!.

Pogba was great early on in the season when he thought we could win the league, I just don't know how we can get the best out of Sanchez. I'm going to sound like a scouser and say, Maybe next year (excited).
deeky26 m ago

Biggest waste of money in Man U's history.
tryn2help4 m ago

Biggest waste of money in Man U's history.

Along with Lukaku, Ok he's powerful and scores goals but realistically he's mediocre and over rated.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 13th Mar
deeky27 m ago

Sober up, Deeky, £500k tops.
.MUFC.7 h, 22 m ago

The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on …The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it Seriously, That was the worse of the worse, Negative football for 180 minutes. Ok we were never going to win it had we progressed but we should at least try. Sanchez square peg in a round hole, It's obvious that he's come and upset the rhythm, Should have been dropped. Mourinho is a dinosaur, It doesn't work in 2018, They were saying in quite a few boring games this season that if we play in the negative way like we have for large parts of the season, Failing to attack then it'll cost us and it has. Us fans won't stand for many more performances like tonights. We're quite tolerable tolerant but that simple wasn't acceptable on any level.

In fairness English teams don’t have the best of records against Spanish teams. We drew with them twice in the group stage. 2-2 & 3-3 very difficult team with good technique. Quality player that Ben Yedder. Scored 5 goals against us and Utd in 4 games.
jayonline8529 m ago

In fairness English teams don’t have the best of records against Spanish t …In fairness English teams don’t have the best of records against Spanish teams. We drew with them twice in the group stage. 2-2 & 3-3 very difficult team with good technique. Quality player that Ben Yedder. Scored 5 goals against us and Utd in 4 games.

That's true and probably why Jose set up in such a negative way. Still the performance wasn't acceptable. I think if we had attacked them we would have comfortably beat them. We were always at risk of conceding a goal. We should have played to win, We played not to lose.
deleted265520
Jose's post match comments were insulting.

I've had enough of this negative style of play and him threatening our players with the bench if they dare ignore his instructions and try play with a bit of attacking intent.

We had 4 shots in 180 minutes against a team who have a negative goal difference in La Liga. A team who conceded 5 against Eibar recently. It's unforgiveable. When we do win it masks our performances and set up. I'm sort of glad we didn't win with a performance like that as we would've gone and got hammered in the Quarters.

He's got to go at the end of the season. I don't mind if someone less known comes in - as long as they are willing to match the United philosophy of never saying never.

Parking the bus at home in the second leg of a knockout Champions League game where you need a win is not acceptable.

Jose out.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 14th Mar
deleted1431257
Never saw such activity on the BBC Sport website (particularly on their HYS comment threads) since England lost to Iceland, well over 1000 comments in an hour ripping that disgraceful club to shreds. One of the worst European performances ever in both legs.
Mourinho after defeat “Liverpool has champions league but not fa cup”

trollfootball.me/new…ave
.MUFC.9 h, 35 m ago

The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on …The only purpose of this thread is to provoke a reaction from me, Go on admit it Seriously,

Does it hurt the parts other threads don't hurt
I'm an optimistic United supporter and have defended José in the past and still believe he's a great tactical manager and can win trophies, I've accepted it when our performances haven't been great. I can't accept last night's performance, the occasion, the lack of ambition, José's whole charisma hasn't been right since his last season at Chelsea. He seems to have lost his passion. I think he is suffering from a form of depression and needs a break from football. If it wasn't for De Gea we would be a mid table team. José's greatest United achievement so far is keeping hold of him. I hope we manage to keep him over the summer. Performances like last night must make players think about their futures and of course that unsettles other players etc. It was the right decision to bring Fellaini on against LFC at the weekend. It was the wrong decision to start with him in the Champions league.
Joey.Bloggsy14 m ago

Does it hurt the parts other threads don't hurt

The game hurt more than anything, I can accept any banter or criticism coming my way, we deserve it. Baring Pogba, I don't blame the players, I blame the tactics.
.MUFC.9 h, 21 m ago

Along with Lukaku, Ok he's powerful and scores goals but realistically …Along with Lukaku, Ok he's powerful and scores goals but realistically he's mediocre and over rated.

Funnily enough, that's what a lot of people said on the thread about him signing for £75m, but they were told that they didn't know anything about football
My thoughts about Rooney outscoring Lukaku don't seem so outlandish now either - 10 goals versus 14, but near identical goals per minute stats.
fivegoldstars22 m ago

Funnily enough, that's what a lot of people said on the thread about him …Funnily enough, that's what a lot of people said on the thread about him signing for £75m, but they were told that they didn't know anything about football My thoughts about Rooney outscoring Lukaku don't seem so outlandish now either - 10 goals versus 14, but near identical goals per minute stats.

Who was the football 'expert' extolling the virtues of Lukaku until he didn't sign for Chelsea, before going similarly loco about Morata?
Mctominay should of started, easily our best player of late along with young. Lukaku OK, just OK, not convinced by him, his first touch is awful, truly awful. But He's still uniteds 3rd/4th best player of late.

Pogba passing last night was diabolical Jeff, absolutely diabolical Jeff. Mctominay is better than him without a doubt. Something just not quite right with Pogba lately. Hopefully Madrid come calling for him this summer.

Sanchez - No comment :-|

De Gea should leave for Real Madrid, He's too good for this current MU team. Even when real madrid are awful, they still get the job done some how. How does a GK get best player every season? because he's saving us every game.

Agree with .MUFC. Mourinhos tactics are ancient. Football has moved on a lot since his success in the past. Saying that, second place and if Pep wasn't at City then they still may of won the league this year. Overall though, Manchester united shouldn't be losing at home in europe against a mediocre spanish team who've never won in England in their entire history.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 14th Mar
It was an awful, terrible and pathetic peformance from Man Utd, and one of the worst days I can remember being a United Supporter.

Everything was wrong including tactics and team selection.

The line up was just wrong, why after a decent win against Liverpool was the team changed. At this point I am asking myself what Fellaini has to to do in order to be sold, the only good thing I can say is he at least seems to try harder than most but he simply does not have the quality to play in United's midfield and looks like he will leave in the summer as his contract is up.
More to the point we needed somone alongside Matic to control the game, why didn't Mctominay play or even Herrera. Herrera woud have at least plugged the massive space in midfield. Sevilla simply had so much room and space to advance into unchallenged. There was no creativity, Mata should have started to link the midfield to the attack.

There are two players that deserve a special mention for really poor performances, Sanchez and Pogba. Sanchez looks a shadow of the player he once was for Arsenal. For Man Utd he simply has not got going since day 1, and he should have been dropped a long time ago. He cannot pass the ball to another player in his team, his confidence is at rock bottom. Pogba was even worse when he came on, I honestly lost count how much times he gave the ball away, and even worse he did not even look interested in winning it back. At least Sanchez tried to recover posession. I feel sorry for Anthony Martial who was doing so well until Sanchez took his place, Martial brings a much better balance to the side and discipline in his positioning, with the added bonus of being able to pass the ball to a teammate.

That brings me to the crux of the problems Man Utd have; Mourinho. I don't think he deserves any more time, yes he may win a few trophies if he stays for a few years. But, let me put it to you this way, Pep Guardiola would get better performances and results if he were in charge of this side. There is definitely a lot of quality within this United squad and rightly so if you spend the amount money that has been spent. However, they are not playing together, or gelling together. You look at the best in the world right now on current form; Barca, Bayern, hard to say it but Man City as well, they play as a team and don't rely on the individual. They have a way of playing that is completely bought into by the team, the board, and importantly the fans. Man United don't have this, the fans don't buy into the way they play and at least some of the team clearly don't from there non-performances.

It has been clear to anyone who watches Man Utd regularly that they scrape by in many matches and rely heavily on the defence, with a massive reliance on De Gea. Without him we would not get in the top four, and if I were him I would go to Real Madrid where the team are actually set up to attack.

Mourinho's park the bus tactics will definitely work against the majority of teams simply due to the quality United have in the side but it just doesn't work in the long term and agaisnt the best teams, it doesn't even work agaisnt some mediocre teams such as Sevilla.
Edited by: "madridpaid_the_referee" 14th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants