Manchester airport drop off t2

Found 4th Feb
hi there guys just wondering if anyone's been to Manchester airport in last month or so do you know if we can pick up someone from t2 drop area or they won't let me in I'm going be late so no point paying 4 quid to pick someone up who will be waiting for me outside anyway will take same time as a drop off not sure if they allow this or not.
Community Updates
AskTravel
17 Comments
No you will have to pick them up from the arrivals area - the barrier prevents you from picking them up at the drop area
Edited by: "Obidashi" 4th Feb
Original Poster
Obidashi17 m ago

No you will have to pick them up from the arrivals area - the barrier …No you will have to pick them up from the arrivals area - the barrier prevents you from picking them up at the drop area

If i went in drop off area would they send a fine in the post or something
Sorry I didn't read your opening post correctly. I was thinking of something different. When we landed at Manchester my husband went off to collect the car and we were waiting for him to pick us up at the arrivals area, but he was not allowed in because of the barrier. He phoned me and I went up to the departure area, so yes you can go the departure area to pick them up. Sorry for my mistake
T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that makes sense. Take plenty of change, it's £4 for the first half hour.
Best thing to do is get them to get on the moving walkway to the train station and pick them up from there, it's free.
MynameisM8 h, 48 m ago

If i went in drop off area would they send a fine in the post or something

Yes it is all under cctv . Once they see you pick up , you will get a fine with in a few weeks . Just follow the rules and pick up at the pick up area . Or go for the fine .
yozzman12341 h, 48 m ago

Yes it is all under cctv . Once they see you pick up , you will get a fine …Yes it is all under cctv . Once they see you pick up , you will get a fine with in a few weeks . Just follow the rules and pick up at the pick up area . Or go for the fine .

Is the fine enforcable?
Get them to walk to the Texaco garage right outside the terminal and pick them up from there. It's a 2 minute walk at most.
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Feb
RossD895 m ago

Get them to walk to the Texaco garage right outside the terminal and pick …Get them to walk to the Texaco garage right outside the terminal and pick them up from there. It's a 2 minute walk at most.

With all the suitcases?
The airport used to have a drop off at the entrance for taxis only but thats closed now.
Just pay the £4 and stop messing about because if you are new to the area what chances are that you will get lost?
Misslovely18 m ago

With all the suitcases? The airport used to have a drop off at the …With all the suitcases? The airport used to have a drop off at the entrance for taxis only but thats closed now.Just pay the £4 and stop messing about because if you are new to the area what chances are that you will get lost?

Yea... They will have managed to travel a few hundred, if not thousands of miles with them in tow. A few hundred feet extra isn't going to be that much more difficult. They're suitcases, not one ton weights...

It's literally across the road from the terminal, so I would say that the chances of getting lost are pretty slim.

Why pay £4 when you don't need to?
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Feb
jb661 h, 14 m ago

Is the fine enforcable?

the signs clearly indicate what is allowed and what not. if you brake the rule what will your excuse be?
Original Poster
RossD891 h, 53 m ago

Get them to walk to the Texaco garage right outside the terminal and pick …Get them to walk to the Texaco garage right outside the terminal and pick them up from there. It's a 2 minute walk at most.

If it was a easy 2 minute walk would do that but it's a pain in the but with the suitcases as the pavements going up and down etc etc. The second issue is how do I get to the Texaco garage with access either going through the drop off area or car park. I went to drop them off 2 weeks ago Im aware of the changes being made some people on here haven't clicked in there's no upstairs the old drop/off pick up area. They have closed the road to access the petrol station without actually going through the carpark or drop off area or going on that other road where the old long stay roads lead too it's all a mess at the moment. Probably have to be the 12 quid fine need take 3 cars for a 5 min pick up and go rip off. Was thinking if I drop someone at the same time and pick up then they can't send the fine technically or can they.
Original Poster
redcantona10 h, 38 m ago

T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that …T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that makes sense. Take plenty of change, it's £4 for the first half hour.Best thing to do is get them to get on the moving walkway to the train station and pick them up from there, it's free.

It's was closed but the new ones opened know on the ground floor if u need drop someone of its actually quite good they've got lots of bays with green lights on the top when a car parks thee it turns red I estimate around 100+ of them so they should allow a quick pick up but it doesn't clearly state it just says for drop off area.
Original Poster
redcantona:
T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that makes sense. Take plenty of change, it's £4 for the first half hour.
Best thing to do is get them to get on the moving walkway to the train station and pick them up from there, it's free.

Ok this one seems a good idea any directions for this how far is it. I got lost on way to dropping them off came from a34 when I got by the tram line the sign said t2 and m56 right after about 200 yards the sign changed to m56 only right all other traffic left lane. So I changed lane and I couldn't get too t2 as that was actually the correct way. So I went around to t1-t3 area turned around the signs were same again all traffic left lane and right lane m56 only but this time it just lead straight onto the m56 so real big idiots doing the signs had to go another 15 miles extra because of them just beware anyone going Soon.
Original Poster
redcantona10 h, 46 m ago

T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that …T2 drop area has been closed. You now drop off in the pickup area if that makes sense. Take plenty of change, it's £4 for the first half hour.Best thing to do is get them to get on the moving walkway to the train station and pick them up from there, it's free.

Seems good idea any directions for this
Pick them up from departures. They just need to get in the lift from arrivals then.
Original Poster
davidrowlands891 m ago

Pick them up from departures. They just need to get in the lift from …Pick them up from departures. They just need to get in the lift from arrivals then.

No u haven't been since October then that's all gone plus loads of road works aswell it's a big mess if u need go anytime soon especially if ur coming via a34 just be careful and take extra time it's all on ground floor know
Original Poster
MynameisM12 m ago

Seems good idea any directions for this

Never mind that's a long walk for the old people and young kids. But u can pick them up from t1 pickup area if u usually do that that's closer than train station isn't it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants