Groups

Manchester City vs Barcelona - coverage from 7pm on BT sports 2.

Banned
    So we're back again, but tonight it's City's turn to host. Will pep admit he was wrong and start Aguero tonight? a decision that still baffles me even now. Think City can get a result tonight or is it going to be another Messi master class?

37 Comments

hoping for something from the game tonight ..

cuty cant be as bad as they was second half again ...and big willys in net

Original Poster Banned

ashmac

hoping for something from the game tonight ..cuty cant be as bad as they … hoping for something from the game tonight ..cuty cant be as bad as they was second half again ...and big willys in net

You had your chances in the first half and stones looked out of his depth at times as well as missing a sitter.

ashmac

hoping for something from the game tonight ..cuty cant be as bad as they … hoping for something from the game tonight ..cuty cant be as bad as they was second half again ...and big willys in net

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/free_willy_poster.jpg
    Can we free big willy.
    Barca to run wild as well

Edited by: "Treboeth" 1st Nov 2016

ashmac

I genuinely think City could get something out of this one. They're very much still adapting to Guardiola's tactics but I think he can get them there.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I genuinely think City could get something out of this one. They're very … I genuinely think City could get something out of this one. They're very much still adapting to Guardiola's tactics but I think he can get them there.

I agree. A solid all round performance and an early goal to boost confidence and they might just be on.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I genuinely think City could get something out of this one. They're very … I genuinely think City could get something out of this one. They're very much still adapting to Guardiola's tactics but I think he can get them there.

Out of interest, you still think pep is at the top of his game? I know you think jose is past it. How do you see pep right now?

Ominously for Citeh, Messi does seem to have hit scoring form recently. But Barca aren't as good as they used to be away from home so there is some hope.

MrScotchBonnet

Out of interest, you still think pep is at the top of his game? I know … Out of interest, you still think pep is at the top of his game? I know you think jose is past it. How do you see pep right now?

Still early days but he's getting there. Truth is that City simply aren't as good as Barca or Bayern were when he took charge so it's going to take him longer.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Still early days but he's getting there. Truth is that City simply aren't … Still early days but he's getting there. Truth is that City simply aren't as good as Barca or Bayern were when he took charge so it's going to take him longer.

I think the issue is going to be the competiveness of the PL. I won't remember Pep as a world class manager if he fails with this City team. Jose has done the business in every league so he will be remembered for what he was at the top of his game, a world class manager.

Time will tell.

Etihad Stadium Evacuated Just Hours Before Man City vs Barcelona Clash For Most Mundane Reason Ever
    Burnt chips

not mundane if you like chips or are forking out best part of a fiver

Original Poster Banned

sowotsdis

not mundane if you like chips or are forking out best part of a fiver

Chip on your shoulder?

Wonder if the Emptyhad will be able to fill its stadium tonight

Original Poster Banned

City going to regret missing these chances...

3 - 1. Well deserved. Great game.

Original Poster Banned

Wow. Never seen a City team looking this good.

Attack is probably their best tactic versus Barcelona. Keep going.

Like shelling weasels.

Banned

Well. Arsenal won.... Next

As I said City to run wild X)

Well played City.

Told ya. X)

De Bruyne is key to what Pep wants from City, and that's a player Jose simply didn't use when he was at Chelsea. Genuine world class talent.

MrScotchBonnet

City going to regret missing these chances...

I see someone else who has a problem predicting scores X)

Original Poster Banned

Treboeth

I see someone else who has a problem predicting scores X)

Yeah that's why the bookies are raking it in! Millions of me in the world!

Wow, great result for City. Hopefully they can keep it up.

There's always been something lacking when facing the big sides in the CL in the past. Perhaps Pep has identified what that was and is working to fix it. Time will tell I suppose.

MrScotchBonnet

Yeah that's why the bookies are raking it in! Millions of me in the world!

I respectfully direct at what some muppet said in post 3 oO

They did okay in the first leg although the scoreline didn't show that so this is hardly a surprise.
    City have the best squad in the league and of course a pretty good manager so be interesting to see how far they go.

ohh city we love you

Original Poster Banned

deeky

Superb winning goal from Ozil

Very nice.

City = small team, We beat them last week ;).

shauneco

City = small team, We beat them last week ;).

Man United = small team, had to put out their 1st team at home to beat City's 2nd team in a minor cup match. Ouch.

Agharta

Man United = small team, had to put out their 1st team at home to beat … Man United = small team, had to put out their 1st team at home to beat City's 2nd team in a minor cup match. Ouch.

Play your best players, they were first team players baring that impressive young lad. Aguero also made an appearance, but yes they were obviously slightly understrength. I would call it a lack of ambition. It's only a tinpot cup if United aren't in it. Same with Europa, we had record crowds. United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if we got relegated we'd still be bigger than city. :).

shauneco

Play your best players, they were first team players baring that … Play your best players, they were first team players baring that impressive young lad. Aguero also made an appearance, but yes they were obviously slightly understrength. I would call it a lack of ambition. It's only a tinpot cup if United aren't in it. Same with Europa, we had record crowds. United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if we got relegated we'd still be bigger than city. :).

United are a massive brand, but that only lasts so long. Since fergie left you've appointed two coaches who have failed, and I wouldn't be surprised if Jose went that way too.

What City have done is focus on developing a particular brand of football and gone for coaches who can put that on the pitch. In Pep they've got the man best placed to do that.

Liverpool did the same with Klopp, Spurs did the same with Poch and Chelsea have done that with Conte.

United don't have a brand of football. They don't have any football men running the club, they don't have a United style anymore. Fergie was the heart and soul of that club and now he's gone and all that's left is a brand, like Primark or Tampax.

Original Poster Banned

shauneco

Play your best players, they were first team players baring that … Play your best players, they were first team players baring that impressive young lad. Aguero also made an appearance, but yes they were obviously slightly understrength. I would call it a lack of ambition. It's only a tinpot cup if United aren't in it. Same with Europa, we had record crowds. United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if we got relegated we'd still be bigger than city. :).

You're usually quite humble and talk a bit of sense for a United fan. However, looks like City's success (or United's lack of) is starting to get to you.

shauneco

United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if we got relegated … United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, if we got relegated we'd still be bigger than city.

Yeah, you'd be in good company with that other 'big' United club, Newcastle.
    Saying you're a big club because you have big crowds is like saying One Direction are a big band because they have big record sales.
    There's a difference between quantity and quality.

Come on, give me a break, it's the only thing we're better at the moment. What is a good thing at the minute are the glory hunters have gone, what are left are the world's greatest fans like me :).

BREAKING: Jose Mourinho to serve one-match touchline ban, and fined £50k in relation to comments made prior to Liverpool game.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767163
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1839
      4. Apples new update59

See more discussions