Groups
    EXPIRED

Manchester City Vs Spurs !

Banned
    Pep Guardiola showed the world that City are still a force in this Season's title race. Who knows, if the way they often played Spurs off the park yesterday is any indication, they might yet even win it! As for Spurs, we need to thrash Liverpool 4-0 now and show the world we mean business!

"Never before has his self-belief been probed so deeply. Never has he looked so short of the conviction which underpinned his superb career as a player and a coach.

Guardiola was supposed to dominate the Premier League, create an unanswerable combination of sophisticated football and vast wealth. Now, he fights to survive and, some say appropriately, takes his battered troops to see a hit musical movie entitled 'La La Land'."

m.independent.ie/spo…tml

48 Comments

Zzzz Zzzz zzz

Are you going to start a new thread every time spurs have a game?

Original Poster Banned

I'm excited! I guess this will only appeal to Spurs and City fans, feel free to look elsewhere. COYS!!

Expect a backlash.

Prepare to be battered

Original Poster Banned

Ha!

Original Poster Banned

We got thrashed 5-0 a couple of times by City, and those were good Spurs sides under Harry

spammed this: as i said in other thread

if john2020md had to put all of his jokes in a single thread why do you get to put all your jokes in separate ones?
    at least john provided some entertainment rather than this inane drivel you are spamming

why not make a 'COYS!!!11111111 woo go go' thread and keep all the crap in one place?

Original Poster Banned

brilly

spammed this: as i said in other threadif john2020md had to put all of … spammed this: as i said in other threadif john2020md had to put all of his jokes in a single thread why do you get to put all your jokes in separate ones?at least john provided some entertainment rather than this inane drivel you are spammingwhy not make a 'COYS!!!11111111 woo go go' thread and keep all the crap in one place?

Brilly, there's hundreds of thousands of footy supporters who shout for their teams every day. You might not understand it. I suggest you look elsewhere like changing the channel on your remote. Good luck!

Original Poster Banned

Pep Guardiola preparing to unleash £27m Manchester City signing against Tottenham

"Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could be handed a major boost as Gabriel Jesus is expected to get clearance to make his debut against Tottenham Hotspur.

City announced the signing of the 19-year-old last August with the intention of taking him to England from Palmeiras in January, with The Guardian noting that they splashed out £27m for his services."

Can Gabriel Jesus make the difference? Anyone seen him play?

Gabriel Jesus?

Seeking divine intervention?

Original Poster Banned

Haha! Good one!

barcelona mastermind ? He took over arguably the best team ever, i would of done just as good a job

Original Poster Banned

jymufc

barcelona mastermind ? He took over arguably the best team ever, i would … barcelona mastermind ? He took over arguably the best team ever, i would of done just as good a job

Aye, wouldn't mind some of that myself!

Original Poster Banned

chocci

[img]http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/11848958_940631645979740_1114269520_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTA0NTAxMTQyMzAxNDQ1MTQ4Mg%3D%3D.2[/img]

Oi! But i can see the funny side! Fair play chocci

Original Poster Banned

In one dugout at Etihad Stadium on Saturday will be a manager enjoying a six-match winning streak with his second-place team. In the other, a manager reeling from the biggest loss of his career and down in fifth place.

Few at the start of the English Premier League would have predicted it would be Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino with the edge over struggling Manchester City counterpart Pep Guardiola.

Original Poster Banned

It's D day tomorrow!

Original Poster Banned

Pochetino "“It’s always difficult to arrive at a new club, change the philosophy, settle your values and your principles but I think he is doing very well. We are in the top six, very, very close together, we are in a similar situation and I’m sure that in the end he will have success because he is a great manager."

Original Poster Banned

Can't wait for the match! Will we stay in second? COYS!!

Original Poster Banned

If we beat Man City today, and Liverpool, we deserve to be Champions!! COYS!!

mod

Not exactly sure what the first half stats are but it’s got to be something like:-
    Possession: Man City 80% Tottenham 20%
    Attempts on goal: Man City 2891 Tottenham 1
    Must admit 0-0 worries me when we have been so very dominant, but bring Jesus on at half time / early 2nd half – a bit of an unknown quantity to the opposition and we’ll nail this one. Come on CITY!!!

no interest in football, I live near Leeds, so I suppose I should want man city to lose.
    can't put my finger on the reason why I'm rooting for city to win.

Banned

Best result for Arsenal

Dropping two points and still gaining on LFC lol, Not such a bad day for us after all.

We're having LFC's top 4 spot ;).

Not sure how City didn't win v Spurs lol, I think the ref might have been taking bribes form Mike Dean lol.
    Edited by: ".MUFC." 21st Jan

shauneco

Dropping two points and still gaining on LFC lol, Not such a bad day for … Dropping two points and still gaining on LFC lol, Not such a bad day for us after all. We're having LFC's top 4 spot ;).Not sure how City didn't win v Spurs lol, I think the ref might have been taking bribes form Mike Dean lol.

Did you not see Mike Dean's regular quality performance in the Barnsley v Leeds game. I think his eyesight is going. oO

shauneco

Dropping two points and still gaining on LFC lol, Not such a bad day for … Dropping two points and still gaining on LFC lol, Not such a bad day for us after all. We're having LFC's top 4 spot ;).Not sure how City didn't win v Spurs lol, I think the ref might have been taking bribes form Mike Dean lol.

I feel for you purely for the mata miss. Quite a few attempts you had where the ball just bobbled beforehand
    Don't like Rooney but fair play to him on his achievement and it was some free kick and goal
    Jose turning things around for you boys by the looks of things and finally getting over the mess that fergie left at the end

livinthedream

I feel for you purely for the mata miss. Quite a few attempts you had … I feel for you purely for the mata miss. Quite a few attempts you had where the ball just bobbled beforehand Don't like Rooney but fair play to him on his achievement and it was some free kick and goal Jose turning things around for you boys by the looks of things and finally getting over the mess that fergie left at the end

Maintains the unbeaten run, A hard well deserved point and a decent effort from a United legend.

RonChew

Did you not see Mike Dean's regular quality performance in the Barnsley v … Did you not see Mike Dean's regular quality performance in the Barnsley v Leeds game. I think his eyesight is going. oO

I didn't so can't give a fair comment but I dare say he was celebrating when Spurs equalised lol.

shauneco

I didn't so can't give a fair comment but I dare say he was celebrating … I didn't so can't give a fair comment but I dare say he was celebrating when Spurs equalised lol.

Spuds were rather fortunate to put it mildly

livinthedream

Spuds were rather fortunate to put it mildly

​rather fortunate bravo started ? genuine question I didn't catch the game but seriously if i was pep i would be begging joe hart to come back and i really don't rate hart.

jymufc

​rather fortunate bravo started ? genuine question I didn't catch the g … ​rather fortunate bravo started ? genuine question I didn't catch the game but seriously if i was pep i would be begging joe hart to come back and i really don't rate hart.

I agree about hart as I also don't rate him but ****** did get a bit of a raw deal on decisions today
    Edited by moderator: "Jan 21, 2017 21:54" 21st Jan

livinthedream

I agree about hart as I also don't rate him but ****** did get a bit of a … I agree about hart as I also don't rate him but ****** did get a bit of a raw deal on decisions today

​the penalty shout ? i seen that before definate penalty ref must of thought he was officiating the red side of Manchester X)

Original Poster Banned

Tottenham were taken apart by City. It was playing like we had 10 men sometimes. I haven't seen Spurs play this bad with their strongest team this season. Credit to City for coming out the way they did and for attacking us relentlessly for 60 minutes. They also deserved a blatant penalty and how the ref didn't see that is beyond me.

However, having acknowledged how good City were, I have to say I was proud of Spurs having 2 shots and scoring 2 goals.

Sometimes, we play crap but still end up with a point. We have reinforced our legend status "we're hard to beat!"

COYS!!!

'were hard to beat' sounds like a certain mr moyes X)

smiler594

Tottenham were taken apart by City. It was playing like we had 10 men … Tottenham were taken apart by City. It was playing like we had 10 men sometimes. I haven't seen Spurs play this bad with their strongest team this season. Credit to City for coming out the way they did and for attacking us relentlessly for 60 minutes. They also deserved a blatant penalty and how the ref didn't see that is beyond me.However, having acknowledged how good City were, I have to say I was proud of Spurs having 2 shots and scoring 2 goals. Sometimes, we play crap but still end up with a point. We have reinforced our legend status "we're hard to beat!"COYS!!!

I was with you until the spurs legend status - pmsl

smiler594

If we beat Man City today, and Liverpool, we deserve to be Champions!! … If we beat Man City today, and Liverpool, we deserve to be Champions!! COYS!!

​You only deserve to be champions if you finish 1st at the end of the season.

Original Poster Banned

chocci

I was with you until the spurs legend status - pmsl

I say "legend" relative to Spurs teams in the past 10 years. "Legend" should apply to Man U team of beckham, scholes, the Neville's, Van Nistelroy, the Liverpool teams under Shankley and Paisley, the Forest teams under Cloughie. Spurs had a great season last season. We are still building our "legend"status. A few trophies would help

Original Poster Banned

jymufc

'were hard to beat' sounds like a certain mr moyes X)

It's a good quality to have. Spurs have it this season and last. Man U had it under Moyes for sure, and under Mourinho they've gone on to another level with a real shout of upsetting my paddy power bet for my top 4

Original Poster Banned

marcb4617

​You only deserve to be champions if you finish 1st at the end of the s … ​You only deserve to be champions if you finish 1st at the end of the season.

Yes, good point. We didn't beat City. In truth, they played us off the park. They were that good!

However, of it wasn't for 2 goals from 2 goal keeping errors, and even if they scored one for a blatant penalty, would they have won the game? The only team not to score from goal keeping errors yesterday were Spurs!

Original Poster Banned

Gollywood

Expect a backlash.Prepare to be battered

I think your backlash came. We almost lost the game. City were angry. They were passionate. They gave us a torrid time, taking our defence apart, almost at will. They toyed with us in that first half. Yet, from somewhere, we dug deep and scored 2 goals!!

Man City did have a goalkeeping error it is called Claudio Bravo. If Man City had have got the penalty which should have been given it would have been 3-1 & Spurs would have been down to 10 men.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?620
      2. BT deal23
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile67
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay913

See more discussions