Many people might be surprised at just how many top-flight games are made in good old Blighty

Found 5th Feb
2889228-o4Z8P.jpg
Very interesting article on Kotaku... kotaku.co.uk/201…-uk

(See the link for developers and studios up and down the country)

Which Games are Made in the UK?

Many people might be surprised at just how many top-flight games are made in good old Blighty. The most famous example is Grand Theft Auto, made in Edinburgh (after starting in Dundee). The Batman: Arkham series is made in London, Elite Dangerous is made in Cambridge, and the Forza Horizon games are made in Leamington Spa. As might be expected, many games creators are based in the capital, but the UK developer map throws up a few surprises, too. Guildford in Surrey is an absolute hotbed of games development, playing host to Media Molecule, Criterion, Hello Games and Supermassive Games to name a few. The aforementioned Leamington Spa is also a bit of a developer paradise, boasting Codemasters, Ubisoft Leamington, Playground Games, and many more.

The UKIE Games Map lists more than 2,000 game developers and publishers in the UK, although many are absolutely tiny operations. For this list I’ve picked out what I think are the most notable developers of the moment, along with a few of their most recent or important games. (If you think there’s a developer I’ve omitted that really should be highlighted here, please let us know in the comments.) This list has to be selective rather than comprehensive, and does tend towards the larger teams, but for a snapshot of what the amazing UK indie games scene is producing, take a look at Kotaku UK’s comprehensive list of British Games of 2018.
Community Updates
MiscTravel
13 Comments
I doubt the Oliver Twins would be surprised....

...or anyone over the age of 30...

BillySollox10 m ago

I doubt the Oliver Twins would be surprised.......or anyone over the age …I doubt the Oliver Twins would be surprised.......or anyone over the age of 30...

Tru dat.
Musk ? phfft

33220990-O5ihy.jpg
Missing from article...

Onrush - Codemasters (the old Evolution gang). June '18
Edited by: "Andy@XCite" 7th Feb
I didn't know Forza was a top flying game. I guess that's what happens when you stick to one console
Andy@XCite4 m ago

Youtube LinkyWell worth watching the whole programme.

I did ta Andy
33221079-QL4PF.jpg
MSK.10 m ago

I didn't know Forza was a top flying game. I guess that's what happens …I didn't know Forza was a top flying game. I guess that's what happens when you stick to one console

Where is the competition?!
MSK.3 m ago

Gran Turismo, Mario Kart?
My playful sense of humour didn't rub off there did it
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army7th Feb

My playful sense of humour didn't rub off there did it

An actual picutre of me right now:

33221229-OXzYU.jpg
BillySollox49 m ago

I doubt the Oliver Twins would be surprised.......or anyone over the age …I doubt the Oliver Twins would be surprised.......or anyone over the age of 30...

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

33221272-E3u5g.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants