Expired

Map with house numbers on it ?

Found 15th Nov 2008
Just looking at some properties and it got me thinking, is there a map available which has house numbers on it too ?
I cant think why this would not be made ... and also why no one has done it yet!

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Map
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Map
12 Comments

would need to be a very big map?
are you a postie?

Ordinance survey have this.
Check their site out.

Original Poster

nope not a postie, interested in looking at some proerties and would save a LOT of time if I could see it from google maps or somethign similar

Ordinance surveys have maps available to buy. I know the cabbies in black cabs sometimes have a large screen which also lets you go straight to numbers so its definitely available. I just want something I can navigate to on the net ... possible for free!

thanks

you should be able to see on the net, you only pay for printing or downloading a PDF.
I'm based in Northern Ireland and I know it's slightly different to the mainland.

Original Poster

hmm ive looked but cant find it. im sure its there but my eyes are not seeing it !

have you tried google earth?

ordnancesurvey.co.uk/osw…te/
The map on this page shows what you can get (house numbers)
The one for Northern Ireland requires registering first before you can get this type of map.
Hope this helps.

Original Poster

Tried google earth already but unfortunately nothing there in terms of numbers

Thanks MrTootough: I went there but when i put a postcode in it doesnt really zoom in that much. not sure how to find house numbers on the map from that

Cyrus;3475707

Tried google earth already but unfortunately nothing there in terms of … Tried google earth already but unfortunately nothing there in terms of numbersThanks MrTootough: I went there but when i put a postcode in it doesnt really zoom in that much. not sure how to find house numbers on the map from that

The Ordinance Survey in Northern Ireland has a part called ACEMAPS that zooms right in showing house number. You have to register first though.

All Tomtom Sat Nav's have house numbers when in 2D map mode and you tap on any part of a road. ! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

easilyconfused;3475412

have you tried google earth?

mrtootough;3475547

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/The map on this page shows what … http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/The map on this page shows what you can get (house numbers)The one for Northern Ireland requires registering first before you can get this type of map.Hope this helps.

Mecoconuts;3478349

All Tomtom Sat Nav's have house numbers when in 2D map mode and you tap … All Tomtom Sat Nav's have house numbers when in 2D map mode and you tap on any part of a road. ! :thumbsup:

interesting.
will try with copilot and route66

Google maps has house numbers if you put house number in before street.

EDIT: At work we have a very large ordinance survey map of the surrounding area (10mile radius, looks just like the map on TomToms) and it cost £3000!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7901480
  2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2848
  3. Wow apple you really are bad2027
  4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247658

See more discussions