Maplin £5 off next purchase when spending £10 online then collecting instore..warning

Found 22nd Jan
im also posting this deal as a warning about its hidden terms and conditions ... the deal appears to be that you get a £5 voucher when you spend a minimum of £10 on click and collect..

what they fail to mention in the terms and conditions is that the £5 voucher is actually a £5 discount off your next purchase with a minimum spend of £50! plus it cant be used for 24 hours..

if youre happy with those terms then its not a bad deal. it can be used online aswell as in the store.. but to me it seems a bit of a con not mentioning the £50 minimum spend or the 24 hour wait. there isnt even some small print explaining it. its only when you get your voucher the real terms are revealed...

if anyone wants my free £5 voucher let me know lol...

maplin.co.uk/cus…her
Community Updates
11 Comments
How did you find out about the £50 spend?
That voucher is in addition to the other £5 voucher. You should have got two vouchers.
Original Poster
i
Sidney19794 m ago

How did you find out about the £50 spend?

its printed on the voucher.

says £5 off your next purchase within 4 weeks. spend over £50 and we will give you £5 off. cannot be used within 24 hours.

was the only voucher i recieved.
Hmm.... I think I would argue that at the counter if I was to use one and not spend £50. Like you say there is nothing in the t and c
Original Poster
i messaged them and theyve replied saying that i recieved the wrong one... ive emailed them a picture of the one i got. so hopefully it was just an error in store then....

if thats true then all is forgiven! lol.
davejb3 m ago

i its printed on the voucher.says £5 off your next purchase within 4 …i its printed on the voucher.says £5 off your next purchase within 4 weeks. spend over £50 and we will give you £5 off. cannot be used within 24 hours.was the only voucher i recieved.

I agree, very poor to find out that you need to spend £50 only when you receive the voucher.
Original Poster
theyve given me a new voucher code... cant be used online which is a bit annoying as i live 12 miles away from the store... it does have a 12 month expiry though.

so moral of the story is double check they give the correct voucher..
As I said, they give two vouchers, the 5 off 50 is a bonus voucher, it is not the voucher referred to in the deal for click and collect.
wow .. i bought a £15 purchase and used the voucher instore immediatley towards a a £7.50 purchase. they may have changes the terms maybe?
I was going to say i received one and spent it strait away at the till on a big selection of batterys no problem £5 off
Original Poster
that was my intention. was going to grab some batteries too.... but when i saw the £5 off £50 voucher i figured i read the T&Cs wrong.. didnt have much time to query it so went home. then later i decided to check the website as i didnt remember seeing anything about the minimum spend.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants