Maplin Closing Down Sale

Found 4th AprEdited by:"Nogi"
So I popped in to Maplin today to see what bargains I could get

Now I dont know why I am surprised but even the Closing Down sale prices were not even good, no wonder they went bust!

Every time I have ever bought anything from there has been because I needed something THERE AND THEN, begrudgingly paying over the odds

Anyone find any Closing Down Deals there this week?

Oh well Goodbye Maplin.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Ive honestly never been in one single Maplin store and couldnt even tell you what they sell! 😬
Shame about the people who will loose their jobs
Definitely over priced, over the years they have sold many items I have wanted but a quick look around and I could easily find the same items form other retailers around 30 percent cheaper, the only worry is that more retail jobs are being lost.
I only ever browsed there store when passing by sometimes it's overpriced but handy when you need something on the spot
SteMoss5 m ago

Ive honestly never been in one single Maplin store and couldnt even tell …Ive honestly never been in one single Maplin store and couldnt even tell you what they sell! 😬 Shame about the people who will loose their jobs

The guy I spoke to today was eagerly awaiting his redundancy package

Maybe not all staff will have a great payoff to rely on whilst looking for other employment, so I share your thoughts, it is a shame for people losing their jobs.
When are they actually closing?
catbeans3 m ago

When are they actually closing?

I asked this very question to the staff member I was peeking to and he said they dont know. Could be a week, 3 days, tomorrow its unknown to them.

He said they still have deliveries coming in but this is all old stock in warehouses they are trying to sell off, the store was pretty empty and despite some items being 60% off I still couldn't find something I needed or wanted that I couldn't google or find on here cheaper or similar prices
Edited by: "Nogi" 4th Apr
Maplin had it's uses. Great for urgent business purchases - don't have to ask for a VAT receipt and held products that you wouldn't be able to get in other high street stores.
Places don't tend to clear out stuff cheapo in everything must go sales anymore, theres plenty of discount companies happy to buy old stock.

Your probably find maplins stuff in poundworld and the components (which was the only point of the place) can easily be sold on to online spare component stores.
Segata-Sanshiro11 h, 12 m ago

Places don't tend to clear out stuff cheapo in everything must go sales …Places don't tend to clear out stuff cheapo in everything must go sales anymore, theres plenty of discount companies happy to buy old stock.Your probably find maplins stuff in poundworld and the components (which was the only point of the place) can easily be sold on to online spare component stores.

This + I would imagine the bulk of the stock would have been sold a while ago. The buyers at Poundland et al jump at the first sniff of a decent deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants