Maplin in talks with potential buyers. Seaking off Administration.

Found 21st Feb
bbc.co.uk/new…649

Their products are over priced and their staff are not trained effectively to provide any type of technical service. This news isn't news, it was a just a matter of when it would happen.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
There will be alot of these dinosaur companies disappearing now, Google and common sense are slowly doing them in. It used to be you had to go to a shop to know what to buy, now just ask Google and see your questions answered instantly usually along with a good price on the internet for whatever you need.
Bring back Tandy.
fanpages4 m ago

You're welcome:[ https://www.tandyonline.com ]

High Street Store? Yes, I knew Tandy had an internet presence, but it's a pity they are no longer on the high street.
Predikuesi14 m ago

High Street Store? Yes, I knew Tandy had an internet presence, but it's a …High Street Store? Yes, I knew Tandy had an internet presence, but it's a pity they are no longer on the high street.

It's not a pity at all. Tandy's staff harassed you as soon as you entered the store, glared at you if you ever touched a display, & everything was overpriced.

The 270 locations of the Tandy stores were bought & reused by Carphone Warehouse in 1999.
Can't say I'll miss them
Shame it they go for anyone that likes tinkering with electronics.

Parts are cheaper online but the convenience and ease of being able to visit a store and get what you need straight away will be missed.
I wanted some help determining which components I needed to do what I want and nobody was trained to assist me. Good riddance.
fanpages5 h, 30 m ago

You're welcome:[ https://www.tandyonline.com ]

Nice, they are selling triodes and tetrodes.
Bring back Rumbelows 😄
Shame, all the gear but know idea...
mxer4501 h, 31 m ago

Shame, all the gear but know idea...

No... it appears not.
They hope to save the business by installing Smart Tech.
With a business plan to fit stuff that is getting easier and smarter to install all the time.

What a fecking stupid idea.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants