Groups

Marathon running = stupid

Banned
    Agree?

30 Comments

yep, only because im not fit enough

+1

gonna have to disagree, its a great way to push yourself.

Original Poster Banned

GentleTouch;7127579

yep, only because im not fit enough

Wrong - you're not stupid enough.

It's humanity's equivalent of lemmings running off a cliff (yes I know, Disney etc.).

We organise them to try and kill people from exhaustion.:thumbsup:

Banned

yes

because the pub is invariably open for some of the time it takes.

Original Poster Banned

black gerbil1;7127614

gonna have to disagree, its a great way to push yourself.

Try and improve your 100m time or your deadlift/bench press.

I have had to run short distances at speed (to catch a bus)
    I have had to lift heavy things/push heavy things/make love to heavy things.

I have never had to run 26 miles at a consistent pace. I doubt I ever will.

If I happen to be chosen to announce a victory in war, I'll phone someone, or email them, or make a facebook announcement.

I thought it was all to raise money for charities.. get sponsors etc..?

But as an athletic sport... seems a bit too much really...

if you enjoy it its not stupid.

pushing yourself in any sport to achieve your goals is a great way to improve self confidence.

most people who say its stupid lack the motivation to do such things and are weak minded.

FilthAndFurry;7127658

Try and improve your 100m time or your deadlift/bench press.I have had to … Try and improve your 100m time or your deadlift/bench press.I have had to run short distances at speed (to catch a bus)I have had to lift heavy things/push heavy things/make love to heavy things.I have never had to run 26 miles at a consistent pace. I doubt I ever will.If I happen to be chosen to announce a victory in war, I'll phone someone, or email them, or make a facebook announcement.

when you run a matarhon your goal is not always to run 26 miles @ the same speed for general stuff in life. its just for that marathon, unlike lifting weights and running 100m, Marathon is just as much mental as it is physical. You have to train your mind and body to be able to run that long, have the heart to keep running when your mind is telling you to stop.

Obviously some people get really injured and even die from them, but if you train correctly and are in good shape you wont have any problems.

FilthAndFurry;7127658

Try and improve your 100m time or your deadlift/bench press.I have had to … Try and improve your 100m time or your deadlift/bench press.I have had to run short distances at speed (to catch a bus)I have had to lift heavy things/push heavy things/make love to heavy things.I have never had to run 26 miles at a consistent pace. I doubt I ever will.If I happen to be chosen to announce a victory in war, I'll phone someone, or email them, or make a facebook announcement.

Are you on drugs?

http://images.cafepress.com/image/12412695_400x400.jpg

Original Poster Banned

deek72;7127702

Are you on drugs?

Besides the point.

We even named it in memory of Pheidippides - and he died after running one.

Yet people still think it's a good idea.

Idiots.

deek72;7127702

Are you on drugs?

yes he is,and a lot more people have died from drug overdoses than marathon running I would imagine

Can't fathom it myself.

FilthAndFurry;7127738

Besides the point.We even named it in memory of Pheidippides - and he … Besides the point.We even named it in memory of Pheidippides - and he died after running one.Yet people still think it's a good idea.Idiots.

Don't do one then. Leave it to those that have strength, courage, determination and dedication.

Original Poster Banned

deek72;7127776

Don't do one then. Leave it to those that have strength, courage, … Don't do one then. Leave it to those that have strength, courage, determination and dedication.

Attributes linked only with marathon running? No, I thought not.

I have ran a marathon.........I thought I liked you FilthAndFurry
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u45/sad_man.jpg

Original Poster Banned

electriclinux;7127820

I have ran a marathon.........I thought I liked you FilthAndFurry

I've driven a marathon, I've sat on a train in consecutive marathon distances - but I've never thought about running one because I can't see the point.

Even the first marathon was run out of necessity. He didn't want to run it, he had to.

FilthAndFurry;7127816

Attributes linked only with marathon running? No, I thought not.

Certainly not. But required attributes for marathon running with would no doubt preclude you from running one anyway.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/P4IOrj-V3so/hqdefault.jpg

Original Poster Banned

deek72;7127942

Certainly not. But required attributes for marathon running with would no … Certainly not. But required attributes for marathon running with would no doubt preclude you from running one anyway.

Ooh, burn.

I think on the way around I'd be wondering why I was doing it. 26 miles is such an arbitrary distance too.

Give me interval training in the gym:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

rossg91;7128013

so running a marathon to raise money for my nephew who has to go to … so running a marathon to raise money for my nephew who has to go to America for bone marrow treat ment is stupid?F*** Off you idiot and get a grip of your life

So people said they'd only give you money for such a good cause if you ran 26 miles?

Bit sadistic.

To be fair with filthandfurry he didn't say anything about charities, just the idea of running (or jogging, walking) for 26 miles.

Original Poster Banned

electriclinux;7128093

To be fair with filthandfurry he didn't say anything about charities, … To be fair with filthandfurry he didn't say anything about charities, just the idea of running (or jogging, walking) for 26 miles.

Danke schoen

black gerbil1;7127699

when you run a matarhon your goal is not always to run 26 miles @ the … when you run a matarhon your goal is not always to run 26 miles @ the same speed for general stuff in life. its just for that marathon, unlike lifting weights and running 100m, Marathon is just as much mental as it is physical. You have to train your mind and body to be able to run that long, have the heart to keep running when your mind is telling you to stop.Obviously some people get really injured and even die from them, but if you train correctly and are in good shape you wont have any problems.

:w00t: I think this is the first time im repping you :w00t:

Well it's not just about the running.
    For most people during say the London Marathon, they are running for charitable reasons such as raising money for their local hospital etc
    So it's a good thing otherwise those charities wouldn't get the donations.

And also it's a sport, same as swimming, football, rugby. So it's a competition of man to see who is the best at something.

Banned

DarkKnight;7128453

Well it's not just about the running.For most people during say the … Well it's not just about the running.For most people during say the London Marathon, they are running for charitable reasons such as raising money for their local hospital etcSo it's a good thing otherwise those charities wouldn't get the donations.And also it's a sport, same as swimming, football, rugby. So it's a competition of man to see who is the best at something.

Excatly. It's like saying what does football, basketball etc... give you in general life - it's only usefull for the sport. people enjoy the challenge and the reward afterwards

So you condone smoking yet you dont agree with marathon running because its not beneficial to your health? :thinking:

your an odd person OP

Original Poster Banned

lilsmithy;7128585

So you condone smoking yet you dont agree with marathon running because … So you condone smoking yet you dont agree with marathon running because its not beneficial to your health? :thinking:your an odd person OP

Have you seen marathon runners? They look worse then a lot of crack addicts.:p

FilthAndFurry;7128598

Have you seen marathon runners? They look worse then a lot of crack … Have you seen marathon runners? They look worse then a lot of crack addicts.:p

Don't stereotype.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …22
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?33
      3. www.disneycharms.co33
      4. Xbox One S or Xbox One X55

See more discussions