Groups

Mario Bros for Wii

Super Mario all stars anniversary edition (£18) v's New super mario bros (£35)

My son wants his first super mario bros game for the Wii. Why is the anniversary edition game that's about to come out a lot cheaper than the one he suggested? Which one should I buy?

Thanks

11 Comments

Personally I'd get Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The anniversary version is basically a re release of the super mario allstars game on the NES. Will show its age and probably more for a older mario fan. I would say go for new super mario bros. Great fun and easy to get into.

If you have a modified/softmodded wii you can install supermario allstars (which is the anniversary edition) on the wii anyway for fee.

Jetpac

If you have a modified/softmodded wii you can install supermario allstars … If you have a modified/softmodded wii you can install supermario allstars (which is the anniversary edition) on the wii anyway for fee.

By that logic you can install all games on it for free

greg_68

Personally I'd get Super Mario Galaxy 2.

this.

Adam2050

this.

X2.
    With multiplayer in mind though New Super Mario Bros can be 4 players.

New super mario bros (£35)

shopto.net/WII…tml

Jetpac

If you have a modified/softmodded wii you can install supermario allstars … If you have a modified/softmodded wii you can install supermario allstars (which is the anniversary edition) on the wii anyway for fee.

How do you store it on the Wii?

Edited by: "thesaint" 29th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Thanks guys.
    It's just a basic Wii with no modifications.
    The multiplayer factor is useful, as he won't be playing it himself. Can Galaxy 2 have 2 players?

girlracer

Thanks guys.It's just a basic Wii with no modifications.The multiplayer … Thanks guys.It's just a basic Wii with no modifications.The multiplayer factor is useful, as he won't be playing it himself. Can Galaxy 2 have 2 players?

I think it's a 2 player max, tbh anymore than 2 gets to be a pain anyway IMO.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 30th Nov 2010

Mario Galaxy 2 is 2 player, but the second player just gets to collect the little star things (lumins?) iirc

Which is a bit boring, definitely go for New Super Mario Bros if he wants a 'proper' multiplayer experience

If Galaxy 2 is like 1, then the part the 2nd player does is pointless.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
      3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions