Mario odyssey getting insane reviews, maybe worth buying a switch now?!

Found 26th Oct 2017
IGN review here

Metacritic is broken atm thanks to the game also.

Has anyone pre ordered and looking forward to it tomorrow & also since mario has been around for so long surely ppl have some fun gaming memories with the games they could share?2818014-X1WwV.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
To be fair it's been worth buying a Switch for a while now:

Zelda
Snipperclips
Mario Kart 8
Mario Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Stardew Valley
Golf Story
Fire Emblem Warriors...

...and that's before Odyssey, Skyrim and Xenoblade before the end of the year!
Edited by: "chaywa" 26th Oct 2017
Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was gonna post it as a deal but it seems to have gone now. Just the Mario SE, but I wanted a physical game to sell on eventually.
27 Comments
Got it coming tomorrow
Also have it arriving tomorrow, ive avoided pretty much all info about the game - All I know is you can transfer into other items... and its meant to be good!

The switch is a beautiful gaming machine and has games on it that, for me, have remember why Video gaming took off in the first place.

Xbox one and its multi-generation support and the Switch reminding gamers why we all gamed in the first place...

what a time to be alive.
It does look great.
Metacritic is probably broken because one review gave it 6/5.
Getting the kids a switch for Xmas (the other half thinks it's for the kids anyway) can't wait
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 26th Oct 2017
Snakeyes6466 m ago

Getting the kids a switch for Xmas (the other half thinks it's for the …Getting the kids a switch for Xmas (the other half thinks it's for the kids anyway) can't waot

Its amazing mate. A bit of a money pit with all the extras and cool stuff you can buy but so many really good games that look amazing both docked and in the mobile modes.

Mario Kart multiplayer is a pure joy.
joanddan726th Oct 2017

Its amazing mate. A bit of a money pit with all the extras and cool stuff …Its amazing mate. A bit of a money pit with all the extras and cool stuff you can buy but so many really good games that look amazing both docked and in the mobile modes.Mario Kart multiplayer is a pure joy.

Yeah really looking forward to quite a few games, mainly mario odyssey/kart zelda spaltoon 2 and xenoblade.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 4th Jun
To be fair it's been worth buying a Switch for a while now:

Zelda
Snipperclips
Mario Kart 8
Mario Rabbids
Splatoon 2
Stardew Valley
Golf Story
Fire Emblem Warriors...

...and that's before Odyssey, Skyrim and Xenoblade before the end of the year!
Edited by: "chaywa" 26th Oct 2017
deleted800342
Nah
Wasn't going to order but after seeing the reviews I have brought it.

Hopefully it arrives via Amazon tomorrow already got AC arriving though so will have something to play!
Arsenal123412 m ago

Wasn't going to order but after seeing the reviews I have brought it.

Where to?
Trading in Xbox One for Switch, PS4/Switch combo is unbeatable right now.
I've already dug my Wii U box out of the loft today
PLAY! Zine

Any publicity is.....
Edited by: "deeky" 26th Oct 2017
deeky1 h, 1 m ago

PLAY! ZineAny publicity is.....

Saw their score earlier and made me chuckle.

Stank of clickbait and wanting to go viral.
joanddan72 m ago

Saw their score earlier and made me chuckle. Stank of clickbait and …Saw their score earlier and made me chuckle. Stank of clickbait and wanting to go viral.

Exactly. It must be because you would think that any sane person would think 'hang on..is it possible that I'm right and the other 60 are all wrong?'
marrowcat1 h, 23 m ago

Trading in Xbox One for Switch, PS4/Switch combo is unbeatable right now.

Just having them all is win
While chasing down my order with Toys R Us, I completely forgot about the reviews. Can’t believe how may perfect scores it has earned.

Can’t wait for tomorrow now.
deeky2 h, 0 m ago

I've already dug my Wii U box out of the loft today

You getting a Switch, Deek?

Don’t get Mario Kart if you do. My ego is still battered and bruised from when we used to play on Wii U.
You mean IGN gave it 10 out of 10?!

So few games have achieved such a feat.

32318732-Zxne9.jpg
Edited by: "catbeans" 26th Oct 2017
Already have a switch and anticipating the parcel today. Lots of good reviews and feedback from people so hopefully I’ll enjoy it
Its brought forward my schedule to buy a Switch, despite the dreaded backlog. Hearing it harks back to the glory days of Mario 64. Black Friday could be bloody tempting.
Edited by: "unreality" 27th Oct 2017
Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was gonna post it as a deal but it seems to have gone now. Just the Mario SE, but I wanted a physical game to sell on eventually.
deeky10 m ago

Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was …Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was gonna post it as a deal but it seems to have gone now. Just the Mario SE, but I wanted a physical game to sell on eventually.

That's a bargain mate, is it the mario red console?
No, that's the Mario SE which has the digital copy of Mario. It just means I paid £30 for Mario, not spectacular but not bad.
deeky14 m ago

Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was …Just picked up Switch and Mario for £309 from Game. Not too shabby. Was gonna post it as a deal but it seems to have gone now. Just the Mario SE, but I wanted a physical game to sell on eventually.

I posted it the other day. Wasn’t liked here. hotukdeals.com/dea…030

I still think it was a good deal considering that you get the physical copy.
Biddy23 m ago

I posted it the other day. Wasn’t liked here. h …I posted it the other day. Wasn’t liked here. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/neon-nintendo-switch-with-mario-odyssey-physical-30999-game-also-limited-edition-mario-bundle-with-raymanlego-worlds-34999-link-in-description-2815030 I still think it was a good deal considering that you get the physical copy.

Eh? How can it possibly be cold? Have I missed a steal somewhere? Or is it just the HUKD nob syndrome?
deeky1 h, 4 m ago

Eh? How can it possibly be cold? Have I missed a steal somewhere? Or is it …Eh? How can it possibly be cold? Have I missed a steal somewhere? Or is it just the HUKD nob syndrome?

It was because Very had a discount code (which can be dodgy as they sometimes won’t honour them). After cashback and Game rewards, it worked out the same anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants