Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?

Found 17th Oct 2017
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck in getting a replacement or an extended credit receipt?

We have one, but it is just over 1yr old and past the "expirey date".

I was wondering if anyone had been in the same position before and managed to get it extended?

If so, who did you contact and what did you say please?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Thanks Splender.

We had mislayed it, and only found it after the event unfortunately.

I think it's a pretty p1sh policy.

To get the credit note in the first place, I had to buy something (give them my money) and then take it back (get credit note) so by not being able to use it, I basically gave them my money for a worthless piece of paper.

I appreciate that there is a time limit on it, but having recently had to deal with Amazon over a separate issue, that was over 30 days (one of their policies) thee was no problem.
Shame Marks and Spencer don't value their customers as much as Amazon do.

* Shop there weekly av. £50 spend = £200 per month
- £2400 per year.
30yr = £84000 Loss

rehydrated3 h, 40 m ago

Thanks Splender.We had mislayed it, and only found it after the event …Thanks Splender.We had mislayed it, and only found it after the event unfortunately.I think it's a pretty p1sh policy.To get the credit note in the first place, I had to buy something (give them my money) and then take it back (get credit note) so by not being able to use it, I basically gave them my money for a worthless piece of paper.I appreciate that there is a time limit on it, but having recently had to deal with Amazon over a separate issue, that was over 30 days (one of their policies) thee was no problem. Shame Marks and Spencer don't value their customers as much as Amazon do.* Shop there weekly av. £50 spend = £200 per month- £2400 per year.30yr = £84000 Loss

You specified that you had mislaid the credit note - that is not the fault of Marks and Spencer. You also cited that you appreciate that there is a time limit in which the credit note is to be used but yet, you wish to break certain conditions for your own needs and place Marks and Spencer in a bad light. It may be the case that they are not treating you in the same manner as Amazon but look at the situation and tell me what have they done to justify the criticism? Get over it, and don't infer others of mishandling of situations that were of your own causing! That goes for many other HUKD readers - think before you act!

Oh, why have you written "expirey date" (sic) in quotes? It's a specific condition and not something that is loosely followed!
Edited by: "DaveTaylor" 18th Oct 2017
Interesting view of the situation Dave.
Although not helpful in this specific case (my wife had to have a kidney transplant, and we also moved home between receiving the credit note and wanting to use it. I also only missed the "expiry date" by 5 days, so had hoped for a bit of compassion from a multi million pound company, under what could be seen as extenuating circumstances by a company with a longer term view on customer relations rather than a view on making a quick buck {my original spend in this case}).
I think in view of this thread, it would have been helpful if what was asked related to you specifically, ie. having had a M&S credit note in the past, and for whatever reason had been successful in receiving some leniency with regards to the "time limit", (I had read in other forums some people had been successful with the previous chief exec.(so the "specific conditions" can and do get modified) but thank you for your input all the same.
Have you contacted customer services and explained the situation. They may,as a gesture of good will,extend the expiry date.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants