Marks & Spencers Wedding Vouchers - consumer rights info plz

I will try and explain this, its bit long winded.
Most of you know I got married in May. I asked for M&S vouchers which I received as gifts.
Came to use them online - wont work NONE of the 4 I had left.
Tried the gift card amount checker online - all fine , came up with the correct amount I have on the cards.. went to till again, put in card numbers.NOTHING.
Rang M&S, bloke tried, same happened to him. He didnt know what to do and said go instore and talk to manager. Hmmm No, how embarassing doing that, plus the facility of shopping online defeats the purpose of not having to trek into town.
So i mailed M&S explaining something may be wrong with website, or something as the cards were showing as having the money on them but wont authorise online.
Reply was " We accept no liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards!"
DAMAGED!! So they trying to say I Damaged MY 4 Wedding Gift Cards?!! I was fuming, so emailed them AGAIN!! explaining they are NOT damaged just not working online etc etc.... Does anyone know where I can go from here? I find this Customer Service from them appalling.
It upsets me more as they were wedding gift vouchers. I am so annoyed. Maybe I am over reacting but we are not talking loose change here.

Any advice?

12 Comments

You aren't overeacting, what a cheek!

Some of these email advisors don't even bother to read the emails properly I don't think.

Don't know what to suggest but really hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

ring and speak to someone rather than email,easier to fob you off

Original Poster

boothy;6734817

ring and speak to someone rather than email,easier to fob you off

I did hun, the boy didnt know what to do and told me to go instore! lol I think he just wanted me off the phone!

Might ring and ask to speak to a senior or something.

Supermod

Go instore and speak to a manager and get them to transfer the balances on to one card. I know you dont want to go instore but I am sure you would rather the issue was resolved as opposed to protracted.

pcnutta;6734837

I did hun, the boy didnt know what to do and told me to go instore! lol I … I did hun, the boy didnt know what to do and told me to go instore! lol I think he just wanted me off the phone!Might ring and ask to speak to a senior or something.

yep ask to speak to someone in customer relations such as a manager/supervisor....

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6734867

Go instore and speak to a manager and get them to transfer the balances … Go instore and speak to a manager and get them to transfer the balances on to one card. I know you dont want to go instore but I am sure you would rather the issue was resolved as opposed to protracted.

I actually want to purchase items, so will be using it straight away.
I may have to try that.. 9.00am in morning before it gets too busy. Ohh i dnt like doing this stuff, why cant things be plane sailing!

i had probs with a superdrug card last christmas they could see money on it but tills wouldnt take it, after bit of almost in tears/ i dragged my kids all this way etc etc they not only sorted out very quickly but gave me a sorry giftcard too with £5 on it.

so moral of the tale if they make you go instore makesure you get a little something for your troubles for all the phone calls and petrol carpark charges etc try for at least a tenner, and demand only to speak with a manager.

Ring them again, hopefully this time you'll speak to someone who is a bit more helpful if they arnt ask to speak to a supervisor, say you don't mind holding so you can sort it out once and for all heres the local number 01925 672 317 for customer services. Sometimes it does depend on who you speak to, good luck with it

The Registered Office and Head Office of Marks & Spencer is
Marks and Spencer Group plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Telephone: 020 7935 4422
Contacts :-
Sir Stuart Rose Chairman
Ian Dyson Group Finance and Operations Director
Steve Rowe Director of Retail and M&S Direct
Darrell Stein Director of IT and Logistics

One of those should sort your problem out!

Original Poster

thanks all, just to update you, i went in store and they were brilliant. put all the money on one new card..

cheers for all advice rep given

Good to hear...always better to speak to someone face to face if there is a problem..in saying that you shouldnt have had to but glad it worked out.

Supermod

Thanks for the rep pcnutta. Glad I could help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marvel characters33
    2. Finally got a Xbox one s22
    3. Battery drain on iOS 111316
    4. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110

See more discussions