Marmite

Found 16th Oct 2017
Do you put butter/margerine on toast before marmite?

I usually do, as I think it would be too dry without, although I've never tried it without.

Thoughts?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Sloth/Mod

Moved to misc. This is by far too contentious a issue for the ASK section.

Personally the only place i'd put marmite is in the bin!!

32259447-uJLoZ.jpg

Marmite - you either love it or hate it

Always butter then Marmite
Love it
32259342-77QIQ.jpg

I always put the butter on first, eat it and enjoy it, then take time out to think of those poor souls who spread Marmite on, and therefore ruin, a perfectly good piece of toast
27 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Moved to misc. This is by far too contentious a issue for the ASK section.

Personally the only place i'd put marmite is in the bin!!

Always butter then Marmite
Love it
32259342-77QIQ.jpg

First honey then Marmite

32259447-uJLoZ.jpg

Marmite - you either love it or hate it

Original Poster

summerof768 m ago

[Image] Marmite - you either love it or hate it

I just think it's ok

I always put the butter on first, eat it and enjoy it, then take time out to think of those poor souls who spread Marmite on, and therefore ruin, a perfectly good piece of toast

Haven't tried it on toast but use it as a ingredient for stews, pies and gravy.

vegemite!

For a change, replace butter with cheese. Lovely!

32260067-96dQP.jpg

First I put a fine coating of butter on the toast, followed by a generous layer of marmite....finally I toss the whole lot in the bin cos marmite is disgusting (the devil's food) yuk!

Yep, always butter first! if i'm feeling particularly unhealthy i'll butter, marmite, then butter again! Yum Yum!

Zixxxx57 m ago

For a change, replace butter with cheese. Lovely! [Image]

I often have cheese and marmite sandwich for lunch or marmite on toast for breakfast, but a toasted cheese and marmite has never even occured to me!! think I'm trying it tomorrow

athunder7 m ago

I often have cheese and marmite sandwich for lunch or marmite on toast for …I often have cheese and marmite sandwich for lunch or marmite on toast for breakfast, but a toasted cheese and marmite has never even occured to me!! think I'm trying it tomorrow

You wont be disappointed, promise

Not sure why you are asking ?
Just
32261505-zzXkt.jpg

Like thugbasher said Vegimite a much milder 'version' if Marmite is not your thing

Smidgen of marmite and then peanut butter!
32261525-KzZEw.jpg
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 16th Oct 2017

airfix7 h, 53 m ago

First honey then Marmite

Are you pregnant?

Predikuesi6 h, 27 m ago

I always put the butter on first, eat it and enjoy it, then take time out …I always put the butter on first, eat it and enjoy it, then take time out to think of those poor souls who spread Marmite on, and therefore ruin, a perfectly good piece of toast

yep - trick question
next op will be asking what hand we use to wipe our backsides!

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou53 m ago

Smidgen of marmite and then peanut butter![Image]

Margerine or butter before the marmite?

DexMorgan34 m ago

Margerine or butter before the marmite?

Neither.. just marmite and peanut butter.. too slick and greasy for me if I had Marge or butter. what about you?

Mmmm, cheese and marmite sarnies

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou2 h, 58 m ago

Neither.. just marmite and peanut butter.. too slick and greasy for me if …Neither.. just marmite and peanut butter.. too slick and greasy for me if I had Marge or butter. what about you?

You see that's what I'm thinking! But then I think it would be too dry without marge or butter.
I'm going to have to try it without tomorrow and post my findings here.

DexMorgan3 m ago

You see that's what I'm thinking! But then I think it would be too dry …You see that's what I'm thinking! But then I think it would be too dry without marge or butter.I'm going to have to try it without tomorrow and post my findings here.

I think it's perfect... the butter in the peanut butter kinda melts a little. Hope you enjoy

DexMorgan14 h, 37 m ago

I just think it's ok

Me too. Do you think we should put in a complaint to the advertising standards authority

Try marmite on corn on the cob, it’s wonderful

Never mind the toast...have it on crumpets!!

Nice layer of butter followed by marmite...due to the construction of the crumpets, the soft, silky butter, followed by the meaty tang of marmite, seeps through the crumpet, creating a little dipping pool on your plate where you can mop up the most gorgeous, tasty mixture....MMMmmmmm (Cheese is also a nice addition to this!)
32264439-FAcUm.jpg
Edited by: "birdyboyuk" 17th Oct 2017

I always used to have marmite on it's own, thought of butter never crossed my mind. However, I recently went with butter to try it and now I won't ever go back, so much better with butter.

As for the marmite on cheese comment above - did you know you can actually buy marmite cheese portions? Grate them up, so much easier and really nice.
32265221-LVmkG.jpg

melted13 h, 28 m ago

Me too. Do you think we should put in a complaint to the advertising …Me too. Do you think we should put in a complaint to the advertising standards authority

Although, I do like it added to gravy.
Post a comment
@
    Text