Marmite versus packaged medicaments in NHS (a comparative example)

10 replies
Found 14th Oct 2016
How come we get to know about the leadership confrontations in Marmite etc. with $ and € and £ rates but no leadership in words in the media for other more urgent needed products like packaged medicaments? Have we been fooled into taking our eyes off the ball and look only at Marmite and listen to Tesco's PR machinery?
Surely the £ decline affect our NHS in billions, but the press and the public get hot and bothered in Marmite?! Where is the Health Minister and other leading beacons' voice on this £/$/€ rates angle?
N.B. Packaged Medicaments, one of top 5 categories in export and imports, are also known as medicine, antibiotics, penicillins, streptomycins, insulin, hormones, alkaloids (2014 UK export : $19.6B , UK import $21.5B (source: http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/)

10 Comments

Original Poster

Packaged medicaments in picture , an example.
http://aboutswitz.weebly.com/uploads/4/7/9/2/47927507/7787567_orig.jpg

Marmite effects 50% of the population silly.

I buy stores own brand & cannot tell the difference (except in the pocket).

Because you have crappy papers like DM & the Sun being so popular that they lead the agenda and sometimes the likes of Guardian also want a bit of that action so jump on the bandwagon. Politicians & conglomerates like GSK & Astra Zeneca would rather we ddn't ask any questions.

Good question to put to you MP

Original Poster

loofer

Because you have crappy papers like DM & the Sun being so popular that … Because you have crappy papers like DM & the Sun being so popular that they lead the agenda and sometimes the likes of Guardian also want a bit of that action so jump on the bandwagon. Politicians & conglomerates like GSK & Astra Zeneca would rather we ddn't ask any questions.

It may be people find it uninteresting to read about medicaments compared with marmite and pizza. But packaged medicaments is one of the top five categories in monetary value for import and export.

Was discussing a cream with a friend of mine - it was topical.
Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 14th Oct 2016

Original Poster

sowotsdis

Good question to put to you MP

What sells newspapers and social network; MP may not be the best to discuss this, I think the Boards of Governors and Trustees of Trusts.

splender

It may be people find it uninteresting to read about medicaments compared … It may be people find it uninteresting to read about medicaments compared with marmite and pizza. But packaged medicaments is one of the top five categories in monetary value for import and export.

The Marmite was just sensationalist news but did raise the broader issue about impact on cost of imported commodities as a result of weak pound. They could have done the same but with essentials such as the medicaments you mention and help people understand the impact on them

Don't worry. Brexit is Brexit, and damn the Remoaners. They should be burnt at the stake for using common sense and facts. And to be environmentally friendly, let's just push them off the end of the earth so they fall to their death.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions