Mars confectionary Halal fail, THE RED DOT!!

Found 7th Nov 2011
This is an important information for all Muslims!

Be aware of the Red dot inside a red square symbol which shown on chocolate bars like : Bounty Chocolate bar / Mars/ sneakers ... it's shown specifically at the back beside the weight numbers. That mark means that these products contains gelatin which is derived from PORK!!

Statement on “ red dot” label on Mars chocolate products in Egypt
Mars products always comply to the legal and cultural norms of all the markets it does business in. Mars products, including Snickers, Bounty and Mars bars do not contain pork nor pork derivatives. Mars products are exported to a number of markets, of which India is one; the red dot that may appear on some of our packaging is a legal requirement for the Indian Market. It indicates that the product may contain egg, which is not suitable for some vegetarians in India. Still, to further clarify the matter, we are currently completing the process of separating the packaging for the two markets which will minimize future misunderstanding.

mars.com/glo…258
- bykergrove
Community Updates
MiscTooth
15 Comments
Banned
You sure they arnt just mocking Hindu's?

Thanks for the info dga, worth knowing.

edit: dga you **** I fell for that. Now what am i going to do with all these mars bars?
Edited by: "Adnan786" 7th Nov 2011
Does this mean you will be sentenced to an eternity in hell for eating a mars bar?

Fair play God. Fair play
Banned
CFC_Mark

Does this mean you will be sentenced to an eternity in hell for eating a … Does this mean you will be sentenced to an eternity in hell for eating a mars bar?Fair play God. Fair play

Your waist line may do
CFC_Mark

Does this mean you will be sentenced to an eternity in hell for eating a … Does this mean you will be sentenced to an eternity in hell for eating a mars bar?Fair play God. Fair play

I think he will just confiscate a virgin or two until their behaviour improves X)
Banned
jonny619447

I think he will just confiscate a virgin or two until their behaviour … I think he will just confiscate a virgin or two until their behaviour improves X)

Virgin one was taken off air a long time ago. Sky 1 is still here though dont worry
Edited by: "Adnan786" 7th Nov 2011
Banned
well done dga

they should have warnings on everything really
I thought Gelatin could be derived from any meat, and was usually derived from Cows?! en.wikipedia.org/wik…tin I suspect the two claims are therefore compatible.
Edited by: "anewman" 7th Nov 2011
Banned
lol incorrect:

Statement on “ red dot” label on Mars chocolate products in Egypt
Mars products always comply to the legal and cultural norms of all the markets it does business in. Mars products, including Snickers, Bounty and Mars bars do not contain pork nor pork derivatives. Mars products are exported to a number of markets, of which India is one; the red dot that may appear on some of our packaging is a legal requirement for the Indian Market. It indicates that the product may contain egg, which is not suitable for some vegetarians in India. Still, to further clarify the matter, we are currently completing the process of separating the packaging for the two markets which will minimize future misunderstanding.

mars.com/glo…258
Banned
dga

Oh Adrian?? Ahhhh!!

LOL I think im the only one so far to have uncovered it.

And I havnt seen that episode, is there a new series?
Banned
foreign imported chocolate and coke etc taste like **** anyway lol
dga are you allow to eat what shows in your avatar pic before marriage?? haha

Edited by: "babyface_snoop" 8th Nov 2011
^
Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.
Banned
Hissy Miss

^ Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

those who cant do both become......sue
Hmm, all your Sue patter isgoing right over my head. See what happens when you don't check in at least once an hour. I'm guessing it's something to do with Churchill though?
dga what's with the avatar ??

Original Poster Banned
magicbeans

dga what's with the avatar ??

Shameless promotion of a Three deal and motivation for building a Cloud server for when I'm next stuck in a hospital ward. It's all about data.

You want a pair of these panties for yourself?

Im suspecting many would prefer these

Edit: Perfect for MB

[img]t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_NSgD4-J-2xicP8isBh3IR488rqNgdPRTSmTOKhy-1yKBqJo3[/img]

Edited by: "dga" 8th Nov 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions