Groups

Martin Landau Has Passed Away

Very sad loved him in Space 1999

Top comments

I met him at a party in 1998, an absolute gent. I told him how good he was in Ed Wood (highly recommended, by the way) and he wrote me a very nice autograph. I was really sad to hear the news today.
    25 Comments

Original Poster

RIP

Bela Lugosi's Dead

Why passed away? Why can't we just say died?

Rest in Peace Martin. One of my fav actors from childhood. Loved him in Space 1999
    and many other films.
    Edited by: "shabbird" 17th Jul

psychobitchfromhell3 h, 15 m ago

Jeez your joking that's bad luck, not only has he passed away he has died too.

I remember him in 'Mission: Impossible,' may he RIP

psychobitchfromhell

I'm not sure, but I think we're still allowed to say both 'passed away' and/or 'died' - well, for the moment at least - who knows how things will go tomorrow?

We live in turbulent times, Psycho, society is constantly being thrown all over the place at the whim of the petulant restless lost.

Anywho, I didn't know this chap, and I don't watch much tv/films, but I hope those who loved him can find whatever it takes to move on from his nolongerashewasness.

tryn2help

I'm not sure, but I think we're still allowed to say both 'passed away' … I'm not sure, but I think we're still allowed to say both 'passed away' and/or 'died' - well, for the moment at least - who knows how things will go tomorrow?We live in turbulent times, Psycho, society is constantly being thrown all over the place at the whim of the petulant restless lost.Anywho, I didn't know this chap, and I don't watch much tv/films, but I hope those who loved him can find whatever it takes to move on from his nolongerashewasness.

I'm not big on euphemisms. Say it how it is. Great actor though. Loved space 1999 as a kid.

Who?

Original Poster

m4rky2011

Who?

Well were thinking the same about you

psychobitchfromhell

I'm not big on euphemisms. Say it how it is. Great actor though. Loved … I'm not big on euphemisms. Say it how it is. Great actor though. Loved space 1999 as a kid.

Obviously I must have been otherwise occupied in the 70s, don't recall this at all.
    Watched some of it just now on youtube, I have seen that chaps' face before, God rest his soul, but I don't recall this show at all.
    Perhaps just as well, looks like Star Trek with flares, and the acting especially the blond girl Dr Helena - good grief, all she seems to do in almost every scene is adopt a vacant expression and stare at stuff.

I met him at a party in 1998, an absolute gent. I told him how good he was in Ed Wood (highly recommended, by the way) and he wrote me a very nice autograph. I was really sad to hear the news today.

tryn2help

Obviously I must have been otherwise occupied in the 70s, don't recall … Obviously I must have been otherwise occupied in the 70s, don't recall this at all.Watched some of it just now on youtube, I have seen that chaps' face before, God rest his soul, but I don't recall this show at all.Perhaps just as well, looks like Star Trek with flares, and the acting especially the blond girl Dr Helena - good grief, all she seems to do in almost every scene is adopt a vacant expression and stare at stuff.

Oh she was dire. What my husband would've called human beige.

dealpickle

I met him at a party in 1998, an absolute gent. I told him how good he … I met him at a party in 1998, an absolute gent. I told him how good he was in Ed Wood (highly recommended, by the way) and he wrote me a very nice autograph. I was really sad to hear the news today.

Dash, now I'm going to have to look up 'Ed Wood' X)

Nice to hear he was a gent - unfortunately can't say that about all of them.

psychobitchfromhell

Oh she was dire. What my husband would've called human beige.

Good description; it makes you wonder how she got the part - surely there were better actresses around?

tryn2help24 m ago

Good description; it makes you wonder how she got the part - surely there …Good description; it makes you wonder how she got the part - surely there were better actresses around?

Barbara Bain - they were married at the time, she also starred along side him in Mission Impossible

Original Poster

Is she still alive

tryn2help

Dash, now I'm going to have to look up 'Ed Wood' X)Nice to hear he was a … Dash, now I'm going to have to look up 'Ed Wood' X)Nice to hear he was a gent - unfortunately can't say that about all of them.

Ed Wood is a brilliant film - it used to pop up on Channel 4 occasionally, but I don't recall it being on TV for some time now. Hope you can find it somewhere.

miles136

Is she still alive

Yes.

Original Poster

fanpages

Yes.

thanks

miles136

Well were thinking the same about you

Oh come I'm sure you can think of something more intelligent than that! And I'm not joking never heard of him!

Original Poster

m4rky2011

Oh come I'm sure you can think of something more intelligent than that! … Oh come I'm sure you can think of something more intelligent than that! And I'm not joking never heard of him!

O come on can you not think of anything better than that? It's a joke of course we have heard of u

DMcG187317th Jul

Bela Lugosi's Dead

The bat's have left the bell tower.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1536
      3. word association Game72944192
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions