Martin Lewis?

Found 14th Sep 2017
Are you a fan or not?

In my opinion he is a man that made a lot of money (£27 million) from other peoples thoughts & ideas.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
He's saved me money so yeah i am a fan, he built a very useful and incredibly popular site to help others. He is intelligent, well educated and bipartisan, he helps break down jargon into layman's terms.
31978501-MVz4f.jpg
hass1233 m ago

And users here copy his loopholes to get easy heat

although tbh 'heat' is meaningless - you don't receive anything financially by getting 'easy heat', its a grown up version of a teacher putting a gold star on a chart for a pupil.
tryn2help6 m ago

I've sung the praises of John Lewis excellent customer services on many …I've sung the praises of John Lewis excellent customer services on many occasions in hukd, but Deeky once warned me they weren't as they used to be - and I found out later he was spot on.Newer managers with a newer managing style have made JLCS a lot less accomodating.Whereas in the past they went out of their way to sort problems, that's not quite the case now, there's been a change - and unfortunately it's not for the better.In the past few years I've also noticed the same awkwardness/unhelpful approach being used by Miele, Sony, Bosch, LG and a host of other former 'safe' names.Money is getting tighter, CS cost money, CS is getting tighter.Hth those who are not yet aware of changes and buy on grounds of sound CS.

Is this basically a thread about people or organisations with the surname 'Lewis'? If it is - I like it and can contribute these ....

Jerry Lee Lewis

Are you a fan or not?

Leona Lewis

Are you a fan or not?
80 Comments
He's made a good business from pointing at how other businesses take money from you.

I looked at that energy club, they are pocketing quite a nice tidy profit from all the cashback they get when people sign up.
He's saved me money so yeah i am a fan, he built a very useful and incredibly popular site to help others. He is intelligent, well educated and bipartisan, he helps break down jargon into layman's terms.
davewave2 m ago

He's saved me money so yeah i am a fan, he built a very useful and …He's saved me money so yeah i am a fan, he built a very useful and incredibly popular site to help others. He is intelligent, well educated and bipartisan, he helps break down jargon into layman's terms.

31978501-MVz4f.jpg
hass1233 m ago

although tbh 'heat' is meaningless - you don't receive anything financially by getting 'easy heat', its a grown up version of a teacher putting a gold star on a chart for a pupil.
If he saves you money why would you not be a 'fan' crazy
When a "consumer champion" becomes a multi millionaire, it makes me wonder how impartial his advice really is.

MR11238 m ago

If he saves you money why would you not be a 'fan' crazy

Some politicians have saved me money over the years, does that mean I have to like them?
I don't use his website, but he was out there on TV advising people on how to change their spending habits at a time when personal debt was going off the charts yoy, which gets the thumbs up from me.
splatsplatsplat33 m ago

When a "consumer champion" becomes a multi millionaire, it makes me wonder …When a "consumer champion" becomes a multi millionaire, it makes me wonder how impartial his advice really is.Some politicians have saved me money over the years, does that mean I have to like them?

I've always assumed he became a "consumer champion" to make money and get a job as a TV presenter.

I find him really irritating when he pops up on TV and will usually change the channel even if the subject is something I'm interested in.
splatsplatsplat38 m ago

When a "consumer champion" becomes a multi millionaire, it makes me wonder …When a "consumer champion" becomes a multi millionaire, it makes me wonder how impartial his advice really is.Some politicians have saved me money over the years, does that mean I have to like them?

Do you expect me to really answer that on your behalf? I would question myself if I were you and find out why I keep going back. Generally people would go back for example to john Lewis for their excellent customer service or a website like hotukdeals for saving money etc. You only know why you like to go back if you do go back and that would mean you like something about them obviously and are in denial for whatever reason or just looking for a debate over nothing.
It's common sense most of it, isn't it?

If he really wants to do some good. He should be calling for the government to make schools teach about finance instead of trigonometry. Perhaps he could use his time to tackle the housing crisis, expensive rents & unaffordable housing? How about campaigning against 0 Hour contracts, bogus self employment, low wages, pay freezes/cuts while others get the cream.

..but I guess there is no cashback to skim on any of that.
Edited by: "splatsplatsplat" 14th Sep 2017
splatsplatsplat18 m ago

It's common sense most of it, isn't it?If he really wants to do some good. …It's common sense most of it, isn't it?If he really wants to do some good. He should be calling for the government to make schools teach about finance instead of trigonometry. Perhaps he could use his time to tackle the housing crisis, expensive rents & unaffordable housing? How about campaigning against 0 Hour contracts, bogus self employment, low wages, pay freezes/cuts while others get the cream...but I guess there is no cashback to skim on any of that.

I always thought of him as more of a champion of the average consumer. So not people working zero hour contracts and not people trying to decide between a Ferrari and a Bugatti.
splatsplatsplat19 m ago

It's common sense most of it, isn't it?

He does seem to have made a lot of money by stating the obvious. I wish I had thought of doing that!
His website has helped me find the best current account and saving accounts. Would probably helped me even more if I ever had a credit card.
as said, he's made money by being captain obvious

there are a lot of really thick people around who need obvious things pointing out to them

I wish he'd buy a new face though, it's one you just want to punch really hard
PTibbets4 m ago

Other members of the publics peoples obvious that they have taught him & …Other members of the publics peoples obvious that they have taught him & they got zero.

They should have monetised their teachings first then.

I mean most websites out there have information that you either know or can get somewhere else.
@PTibbets

Paul Nikkel...

"Are you a fan or not?

In my opinion he is a man that made a lot of money (£?? million) from other peoples thoughts & ideas."
yeah i'm somewhat impartial.

anyone who is recommending how you spend your money is ultimately trying to get their hands on that money..

then again, his website offers a lot of 'free' advice and isn't all based on referrals.

as above, if someone who is a customer 'champion' becomes a multi-millionaire from it, something is wrong...
fanpages32 m ago

[Image] (cough)

Martin might have a cheap remedy for that on his website
The man isn't a politician so why should he address "zero hours" etc any more than the rest of us? He saw a gap in the information market and filled it. He has provided many millions with the tools to save themselves some money. Why should we resent him benefiting? Ok, it's by a hell of a lot of money. Makes no difference, he tapped into a need and well done him! Don't use his website often but have used it and can't see any problems.....other than jealousy maybe. Yes, some recognition of his regular contributors would be nice.
He has made a living educating the uneducated.

Considering the school system deems it acceptable to leave school without even knowing what a direct debit is i'd say the service he has provided has made him worth every penny and more.
fanpages1 h, 11 m ago

@PTibbets Paul Nikkel..."Are you a fan or not?In my opinion he is a man …@PTibbets Paul Nikkel..."Are you a fan or not?In my opinion he is a man that made a lot of money (£?? million) from other peoples thoughts & ideas."

I think you have hit the nail on the head, fanpages. The only other motivation for this thread is envy, but I think HUKD is the target.
PTibbets8 m ago

Psychobabble

So you fail to respond to the original comment from, fanpages - but post an unusual and unsolicited response to me. Hmmm.
PTibbets4 m ago

Psychobabble

There is a pattern forming here. Probably best to stop unless you have anything more varied or meaningful to add to your first reply.
I could probably save people more money than Martin Lewis, First bit of advice would probably be to avoid HUKD's ;).
You don't need an original idea to build a cracking business.

Am not a fan of his TV persona but when I met him at a work do he signed alright enough to have a pint and a natter.
MR11232 h, 46 m ago

Generally people would go back for example to john Lewis for their …Generally people would go back for example to john Lewis for their excellent customer service.

I've sung the praises of John Lewis excellent customer services on many occasions in hukd, but Deeky once warned me they weren't as they used to be - and I found out later he was spot on.

Newer managers with a newer managing style have made JLCS a lot less accomodating.

Whereas in the past they went out of their way to sort problems, that's not quite the case now, there's been a change - and unfortunately it's not for the better.

In the past few years I've also noticed the same awkwardness/unhelpful approach being used by Miele, Sony, Bosch, LG and a host of other former 'safe' names.

Money is getting tighter, CS cost money, CS is getting tighter.

Hth those who are not yet aware of changes and buy on grounds of sound CS.
tryn2help6 m ago

I've sung the praises of John Lewis excellent customer services on many …I've sung the praises of John Lewis excellent customer services on many occasions in hukd, but Deeky once warned me they weren't as they used to be - and I found out later he was spot on.Newer managers with a newer managing style have made JLCS a lot less accomodating.Whereas in the past they went out of their way to sort problems, that's not quite the case now, there's been a change - and unfortunately it's not for the better.In the past few years I've also noticed the same awkwardness/unhelpful approach being used by Miele, Sony, Bosch, LG and a host of other former 'safe' names.Money is getting tighter, CS cost money, CS is getting tighter.Hth those who are not yet aware of changes and buy on grounds of sound CS.

Is this basically a thread about people or organisations with the surname 'Lewis'? If it is - I like it and can contribute these ....

Jerry Lee Lewis

Are you a fan or not?

Leona Lewis

Are you a fan or not?
Two choices...

1. If you're a fan then its free and sensible advice and access to deals, which particularly encourages those out of practice to shop around for FX, Energy, Banking, Credit incl. Mortgages etc. saving them cash.

2. If you aren't a fan - simple solution - don't use his website.
davewave2 m ago

Two choices...1. If you're a fan then its free and sensible advice and …Two choices...1. If you're a fan then its free and sensible advice and access to deals, which particularly encourages those out of practice to shop around for FX, Energy, Banking, Credit incl. Mortgages etc. saving them cash.2. If you aren't a fan - simple solution - don't use his website.

You forgot option 3, create a thread on another website to discuss the pro's and cons of the site and your opinion that the owner of the site should give away money.
CoeK7 m ago

You forgot option 3, create a thread on another website to discuss the …You forgot option 3, create a thread on another website to discuss the pro's and cons of the site and your opinion that the owner of the site should give away money.

Option 3 includes option 1 or 2
davewave1 m ago

Option 3 includes option 1 or 2

Obviously, cause 1+2=3
If Mr Lewis is reading and looking to distribute some of his wealth can I suggest he look in my direction? While by some people's standards I would be 'wasting' it on hookers and coke, I will haggle on price.
Cr0m2 m ago

If Mr Lewis is reading and looking to distribute some of his wealth can I …If Mr Lewis is reading and looking to distribute some of his wealth can I suggest he look in my direction? While by some people's standards I would be 'wasting' it on hookers and coke, I will haggle on price.

Not sure why you would want a rugby player and a soft drink but whatever floats your boat.
Don't buy food at M&S buy it at Aldi and pay your credit card off in full every month .. There now gimme £27million
Edited by: "plodging" 14th Sep 2017
fanpages3 h, 0 m ago

@PTibbets Paul Nikkel..."Are you a fan or not?In my opinion he is a man …@PTibbets Paul Nikkel..."Are you a fan or not?In my opinion he is a man that made a lot of money (£?? million) from other peoples thoughts & ideas."

an inspiration for some then?
Saturn1 h, 2 m ago

Is this basically a thread about people or organisations with the surname …Is this basically a thread about people or organisations with the surname 'Lewis'? If it is - I like it and can contribute these ....Jerry Lee LewisAre you a fan or not?Leona LewisAre you a fan or not?

I like Martin Lewis, but I like CS Lewis even more, though I don't now like John Lewis CS.
I appreciate Jerry Lee Lewis for making a massive impact on the music scene, and I don't really know enough about Leona Lewis to decide if I'm a fan or not.

I've been to the Isle of Lewis, it was nice.
His reporting on BBC News was very informative
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants