Mass Shooting in a Florida High School in the U.S.

Found 14th FebEdited by:"Dilithium"
Early reports of at least 50 people affected, although reports of confirmed deaths not yet available.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
cowsindahouse4 h, 35 m ago

It's probably fake like some of the other shootings. I would investigate …It's probably fake like some of the other shootings. I would investigate first before getting upset about it.

There's always 1 retard/cretin/attention seeker.
Uranus14th Feb

I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.The amount of …I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.The amount of denial and defensiveness is incredible.

I remember after the Sandy Hook school shooting of 2012 which left 20 kids dead, a spokesman for the NRA made a statement along the lines of ......'The only response to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun'. It's exactly that kind of mentality that allows these incidents to keep happening. They just cannot conceive of any solution to the problem that doesn't involve adding more weapons to the equation.There are more guns in the US than there are people. Barack Obama tried several times to turn things around but on every occasion he was defeated by the gun owner lobby in the Senate.

Between 2001 - 2014 there were 3412 US citizens killed by acts of terrorism (including 9/11).
In the same period there were 440,095 US deaths by domestic firearms.
Toddlers kill more people (the majority of them accidentally) than terrorists do every year in the US.

I think Americans should be more afraid of each other than terrorists.
I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.
The amount of denial and defensiveness is incredible.
108 Comments
Not terror related.
tempt7 m ago

Not terror related.

Not sure if you were being ironic but it seems the very definition of terror to me.
It's probably fake like some of the other shootings. I would investigate first before getting upset about it.
US senator Chris Murphy;
"Turn on your television right now, you’re going to see scenes of children running for their lives. It’s what looks to be the [18th] school shooting in this country(this year), and we have not even hit March. Let me just note once again for my colleagues: this happens nowhere else other than the United States of America. We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else. As a parent, it scares me to death that this body doesn’t take seriously the safety of my children, and it seems like a lot of parents in South Florida are going to be asking that same question later today.”
Wongy11010 m ago

US senator Chris Murphy;"Turn on your television right now, you’re going t …US senator Chris Murphy;"Turn on your television right now, you’re going to see scenes of children running for their lives. It’s what looks to be the [18th] school shooting in this country(this year), and we have not even hit March. Let me just note once again for my colleagues: this happens nowhere else other than the United States of America. We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else. As a parent, it scares me to death that this body doesn’t take seriously the safety of my children, and it seems like a lot of parents in South Florida are going to be asking that same question later today.”

Surely that is eighteen school shootings in the US within the last year, or ever recorded, not in the first seven weeks of 2018.
fanpages3 m ago

Surely that is eighteen school shootings in the US within the last year, …Surely that is eighteen school shootings in the US within the last year, or ever recorded, not in the first seven weeks of 2018.

abcnews.go.com/US/…125
Was it a legal firearm?
Wongy1102 m ago

http://abcnews.go.com/US/18-school-shootings-us-year-group/story?id=53091125

Good grief!

Why has the total reached eighteen before the US Senator starts to ask questions?
davewave3 m ago

Was it a legal firearm?

"Licensed" (US spelling) for carrying in Florida (concealed weapons & firearms).
Imagine if a Muslim did this
Bure111 m ago

Imagine if a Muslim did this

We don't know the faith (or the name) of the suspect yet.
fanpages26 m ago

Good grief!Why has the total reached eighteen before the US Senator starts …Good grief!Why has the total reached eighteen before the US Senator starts to ask questions?

Not sure I see your point FP ? he has been campaigning for gun control since the Sandy Hook shootings five years ago.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 14th Feb
This kind of crazy will never stop over there until they sort out the ridiculous gun laws.
Wongy11016 m ago

Not sure I see your point FP ? he has been campaigning for gun control …Not sure I see your point FP ? he has been campaigning for gun control since the Sandy Hook shootings five years ago.

The point is eighteen in seven weeks. That surely should have raised concerns by more than one Senator before now.
I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.
The amount of denial and defensiveness is incredible.
Same old story, nothing will change. It amazes me the number of people in America who think MORE guns are the answer and that teachers should be armed and there should be armed guards at schools too. I saw a video yesterday that shows demonstrations of what to do if someone starts shooting in the church they are in and this just seems to now be the norm rather than making them think something should be done. When will they ever learn?
Snakeyes6461 h, 9 m ago

This kind of crazy will never stop over there until they sort out the …This kind of crazy will never stop over there until they sort out the ridiculous gun laws.

Or until their press stop being as culpable in their reporting.
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Feb
Uranus14th Feb

I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.The amount of …I've been reading comments from US gun owners recently.The amount of denial and defensiveness is incredible.

I remember after the Sandy Hook school shooting of 2012 which left 20 kids dead, a spokesman for the NRA made a statement along the lines of ......'The only response to a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun'. It's exactly that kind of mentality that allows these incidents to keep happening. They just cannot conceive of any solution to the problem that doesn't involve adding more weapons to the equation.There are more guns in the US than there are people. Barack Obama tried several times to turn things around but on every occasion he was defeated by the gun owner lobby in the Senate.

Between 2001 - 2014 there were 3412 US citizens killed by acts of terrorism (including 9/11).
In the same period there were 440,095 US deaths by domestic firearms.
Toddlers kill more people (the majority of them accidentally) than terrorists do every year in the US.

I think Americans should be more afraid of each other than terrorists.
If the US is happy to have guns and laws in the manner they do, then they will always have parent 'matter of fact' messages like this

33264538-2rGL4.jpg
Edited by: "OllieSt" 15th Feb
cowsindahouse4 h, 35 m ago

It's probably fake like some of the other shootings. I would investigate …It's probably fake like some of the other shootings. I would investigate first before getting upset about it.

fanpages8 h, 7 m ago

"Licensed" (US spelling) for carrying in Florida (concealed weapons & …"Licensed" (US spelling) for carrying in Florida (concealed weapons & firearms).

This is a result of the American choice to have widespread gun ownership, there will always be children with mental health problems.

This type of incident will keep happening sadly.

The poor children will be traumatized for some time. Very sad news for the victims' families.
Uranus14th Feb

Defense of the indefensible usually happens when innocent victims are attacked.
cdm226 h, 59 m ago

Same old story, nothing will change. It amazes me the number of people in …Same old story, nothing will change. It amazes me the number of people in America who think MORE guns are the answer and that teachers should be armed and there should be armed guards at schools too. I saw a video yesterday that shows demonstrations of what to do if someone starts shooting in the church they are in and this just seems to now be the norm rather than making them think something should be done. When will they ever learn?

If the gun laws were changed its likely that guns would be illegal, Americans are keen on guns...I believe armed guards at school are critical right now.
There are 270 million guns in USA with a population of 325 million (men woman and children). With stats like that, the horse has bolted
Edited by: "OllieSt" 15th Feb
The videos are insane. So haunting. Couldn't imagine being in that situation.
cdm227 h, 40 m ago

Same old story, nothing will change. It amazes me the number of people in …Same old story, nothing will change. It amazes me the number of people in America who think MORE guns are the answer and that teachers should be armed and there should be armed guards at schools too. I saw a video yesterday that shows demonstrations of what to do if someone starts shooting in the church they are in and this just seems to now be the norm rather than making them think something should be done. When will they ever learn?

I was talking to one fella on Facebook who used the 'we need guns to protect us against the government' defence. I asked him if he thought the parents of the victims had bad judgement for wanting these massacres to stop, and he replied "bad judgement due to trauma, yes". I asked him to confirm that he thought that, and he said "if the cost was to render humanity defenceless against tyranny then yes".
You couldn't pay me to live in the US.
davewave48 m ago

Defense of the indefensible usually happens when innocent victims are …Defense of the indefensible usually happens when innocent victims are attacked.

33264906-KcynI.jpg
Yes, but they have 226 years of right(s) on their side, they will say. Leaves us only with cliched responses to each and every outrage.

davewave50 m ago

This is a result of the American choice to have widespread gun ownership, …This is a result of the American choice to have widespread gun ownership, there will always be children with mental health problems. This type of incident will keep happening sadly. The poor children will be traumatized for some time. Very sad news for the victims' families.

I believe it to be so dangerous to live in the US right now, someone should invent a method to carry a gun thats quick and easy to use.

Like a type of side pocket it could easily slip in and out of. You could practice using it to be the quickest.. oh wait a minute..
Edited by: "Dilithium" 15th Feb
Dilithium1 m ago

I believe it to be so dangerous to live in the US right now, someone …I believe it to be so dangerous to live in the US right now, someone should invent a method to carry a gun thats quick and easy to use. Like a type of side pocket it could easily slip in and out of. You could practice using it to be the quickest.. oh wait a minute..

It is a relatively incredibly safe place to live right now.
davewave1 m ago

It is a relatively incredibly safe place to live right now.

Conpared to Syria, Afghanistan or Birkenhead maybe.
Darzen4 h, 54 m ago

I try to refrain from name calling, but it was a despicable thing of them to say. This is pretty interesting:

digest.bps.org.uk/201…es/
deleted265520
Dilithium10 m ago

I believe it to be so dangerous to live in the US right now, someone …I believe it to be so dangerous to live in the US right now, someone should invent a method to carry a gun thats quick and easy to use. Like a type of side pocket it could easily slip in and out of. You could practice using it to be the quickest.. oh wait a minute..

So your solution is to make it even easier to conceal a firearm?

Are you American?
Dilithium8 m ago

Conpared to Syria, Afghanistan or Birkenhead maybe.

Hasn't there been a gun culture in USA during your whole life?
fanpages9 h, 23 m ago

Surely that is eighteen school shootings in the US within the last year, …Surely that is eighteen school shootings in the US within the last year, or ever recorded, not in the first seven weeks of 2018.

This is just crazy and yes he's right this happens no where else except America well at least not on this scale anyway. So sad
davewave5 m ago

Hasn't there been a gun culture in USA during your whole life?

Come on Dave, compare the chance of being shot in the UK to that of being in the US?

I was also going to say the chance of dying from some obesity linked illness as well, but the kettle may be black on that one.

Maybe there' an analytical out there that can give us the life expectancy in each nation so we can compare?

I'd imaging the Swiss or Lichtenstein being near the top.
Dilithium1 m ago

Come on Dave, compare the chance of being shot in the UK to that of being …Come on Dave, compare the chance of being shot in the UK to that of being in the US?I was also going to say the chance of dying from some obesity linked illness as well, but the kettle may be black on that one.Maybe there' an analytical out there that can give us the life expectancy in each nation so we can compare?I'd imaging the Swiss or Lichtenstein being near the top.

Is there anywhere else you'd consider emigrating to?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants