Massive reductions on PSVR units - UK next?

Found 19th Nov 2017
Hey guys, I've just spotted that the other side of the pond have received a massive discount ($100 off) on their solus PSVR headsets. Amazon.com are now listing these as [Discontinued], which we fully expected due to the release of the V2.

Assuming our UK retailers have stock of these now discontinued headsets, hopefully we will see something similar.

Sony - PlayStation VR - Best Buy - $199.99

1887237323-1511122206.jpg
Sony - PlayStation VR - NewEgg - $199.99

1242610424-1511122143.jpg
Sony - PlayStation VR - Gamestop - $199.99

536310225-1511122164.jpg
$199.99 equates to around £150 GBP
Community Updates
Misc
22 Comments
That’s good but I won’t even pay that. Eventually and I mean eventually it will be half that. It looks good but just can’t justify. And no I am not saying this just because I am pi..ed about getting killed so many times in rainbow😥
Oh noes, I've just purchased.
However I will say that those units don't include a camera ($60) or a bundled game ($60) (plus VR worlds).

So, yes a good deal but if you want the extras then it is so so.

(Yes I'm trying to justify my purchase ).
I think £150 for the headset (and possibly the camera too) would be quite nice! I've seen the current starter pack (headset plus camera) and psvr worlds plus a game going for around £250 so lets hope the price drops further when the version 2 officially launches here.
Andy@XCite5 m ago

Oh noes, I've just purchased.However I will say that those units don't …Oh noes, I've just purchased.However I will say that those units don't include a camera ($60) or a bundled game ($60) (plus VR worlds).So, yes a good deal but if you want the extras then it is so so.(Yes I'm trying to justify my purchase ).

I totally agree mate. I mean the obvious deal in the current PSVR market are these £250 starter bundles we're seeing, but a £150 price on a rarely seen under £300 product recently is amazing in my opinion.

Sony aren't shy to 'fire sale' their items when needed, and when they do we generally see some great pricing, like the 'old phat' PlayStation 4 consoles, also sold off at £150 too.
BuzzDuraband7 m ago

I totally agree mate. I mean the obvious deal in the current PSVR market …I totally agree mate. I mean the obvious deal in the current PSVR market are these £250 starter bundles we're seeing, but a £150 price on a rarely seen under £300 product recently is amazing in my opinion.Sony aren't shy to 'fire sale' their items when needed, and when they do we generally see some great pricing, like the 'old phat' PlayStation 4 consoles, also sold off at £150 too.

You are right comrade Buzz, to predict the price drop here in UK to £150. Indeed, I picked up my phat PS4 when those deals were on just when the slim version of the PS4 was being released. So I am very much looking forward to the price drop, and I'm confident the HUKD community will come through in notifying me when it does
Xboxgamer32137 m ago

That’s good but I won’t even pay that. Eventually and I mean eventually it …That’s good but I won’t even pay that. Eventually and I mean eventually it will be half that. It looks good but just can’t justify. And no I am not saying this just because I am pi..ed about getting killed so many times in rainbow😥

The only way this gets cheaper than £150 is when it's old enough you won't want it anymore.
BuzzDuraband1 h, 14 m ago

I totally agree mate. I mean the obvious deal in the current PSVR market …I totally agree mate. I mean the obvious deal in the current PSVR market are these £250 starter bundles we're seeing, but a £150 price on a rarely seen under £300 product recently is amazing in my opinion.Sony aren't shy to 'fire sale' their items when needed, and when they do we generally see some great pricing, like the 'old phat' PlayStation 4 consoles, also sold off at £150 too.

It’s about £180 really because of VAT being added here. Add £30 for the camera and then the cost of VR Worlds and GT Sport/Skyrim and I’d say we’ve probably already got our cheap headsets.
Biddy23 m ago

It’s about £180 really because of VAT being added here. Add £30 for the cam …It’s about £180 really because of VAT being added here. Add £30 for the camera and then the cost of VR Worlds and GT Sport/Skyrim and I’d say we’ve probably already got our cheap headsets.

We're not importing it, Biddy, we're going for cross-region pricing. I reckon, if we see this reduction, it'll be £150
Andy@XCite1 h, 27 m ago

Oh noes, I've just purchased.However I will say that those units don't …Oh noes, I've just purchased.However I will say that those units don't include a camera ($60) or a bundled game ($60) (plus VR worlds).So, yes a good deal but if you want the extras then it is so so.(Yes I'm trying to justify my purchase ).

Valid points though, all the same. The headset is useless on its own.

I think it is anyway
BuzzDuraband6 m ago

We're not importing it, Biddy, we're going for cross-region pricing. I …We're not importing it, Biddy, we're going for cross-region pricing. I reckon, if we see this reduction, it'll be £150

Yeah I know we’re not importing it, but the American prices aren’t including sales tax until checkout (for the Americans) so we have to add that onto our prices regardless, as we pay VAT on every product don’t we. Without VAT, it would make it £125 here if it was sold for £150.
deeky4 m ago

Valid points though, all the same. The headset is useless on its own. I …Valid points though, all the same. The headset is useless on its own. I think it is anyway

Yeah you need the camera as it is a paperweight without it. However Deek...

Have you bought one yet?
Biddy217 m ago

Yeah I know we’re not importing it, but the American prices aren’t inc …Yeah I know we’re not importing it, but the American prices aren’t including sales tax until checkout (for the Americans) so we have to add that onto our prices regardless, as we pay VAT on every product don’t we. Without VAT, it would make it £125 here if it was sold for £150.

I did say cross region pricing mate But all the same, £150 like the PS4 'phat' is my prediction.

Also, CEX and Grainger sell the camera for around £17.99-£21.00 pre-owned.
Biddy240 m ago

Yeah you need the camera as it is a paperweight without it. However …Yeah you need the camera as it is a paperweight without it. However Deek...Have you bought one yet?

I treated myself to a nice little telly so I'd best not push my luck
Sony’s lame duck attempt to neuter XoX!
tempt5 m ago

Sony’s lame duck attempt to neuter XoX!

Realistically I think that would be a £150 Pro console. They're just selling off their older version of the PSVR
deleted800342
Is there more than one games that use the vr headset, or have Sony forgotten about it like they did with all the monthly handheld devices they released?
BuzzDuraband1 h, 32 m ago

We're not importing it, Biddy, we're going for cross-region pricing. I …We're not importing it, Biddy, we're going for cross-region pricing. I reckon, if we see this reduction, it'll be £150

Now Buzz I'm sure you know better. US pricing doesn't include Taxes at point of listing. So If we do get a crash, £180 is more likely or £150+VAT to keep you happy
Bold prediction, no.

US prices rarely equate to what we get offered here. Also one of the US bundles includes the newer version, ours don't. I think you might see another £20 on the bundle, if you work really hard but not much more.
Oneday774 h, 36 m ago

£150+VAT to keep you happy

Yeah, that's what I meant

MSK.4 h, 9 m ago

Bold prediction, no.

Definitely. I mean the chances of us even seeing it are remotely slim. We've probably seen the lowest it's going to drop for some time in this latest 'Starter Bundle' price drop, but it will be interesting to see what happens will the solus units now that these bundles are a thing.
Oneday7711 h, 57 m ago

Now Buzz I'm sure you know better. US pricing doesn't include Taxes at …Now Buzz I'm sure you know better. US pricing doesn't include Taxes at point of listing. So If we do get a crash, £180 is more likely or £150+VAT to keep you happy

+UK p1$$take = £200-220 I reckon so the bundles will probably be better value.
Good to know for those whith cameras already though
BubaMan41 m ago

+UK p1$$take = £200-220 I reckon so the bundles will probably be better …+UK p1$$take = £200-220 I reckon so the bundles will probably be better value.Good to know for those whith cameras already though

Amazon France now showing 199.99 Euros (so around £180). Keep them coming guys. Soon be that £150 sweet spot

32484315-IFBxE.jpg
Sorry for the threadjack but I've been twisting my friends arm into getting PSVR and he's finally bitten...
Is there a current list of all the freebies anywhere?
I sorted the VR section in the store by price but it's missing things like The Kitchen, RE7 Demo, the SWBF addon, etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions