MasterCard Prepaid Gift Card Payment

Posted 24th Feb
I have a MasterCard prepaid gift card and just used it to order something from The Game Collection. I didn't spend the full balance and I have checked the gift card balance after ordering but the full balance is still showing and nothing in transaction history

Does anyone know if this delay is normal with MasterCard prepaid gift cards? I spent it at The Game Collection (not a pre-order), do they take payment on dispatch?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I had this with uber eats. They gave me the food but later sent an email saying payment failed and for me to pay it off (I did)but with Amazon they took payment instantly
deals6924/02/2020 19:05

I had this with uber eats. They gave me the food but later sent an email …I had this with uber eats. They gave me the food but later sent an email saying payment failed and for me to pay it off (I did)but with Amazon they took payment instantly

Thanks. Just out of interest did you pay it off using that gift card? With The Game Collection I would just return the game if they send me an email saying the same thing and the gift card doesn't work, albeit I understand that isn't the case with food takeaways
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 24th Feb
andrewworrall124/02/2020 19:16

Thanks. Just out of interest did you pay it off using that gift card? With …Thanks. Just out of interest did you pay it off using that gift card? With The Game Collection I would just return the game if they send me an email saying the same thing and the gift card doesn't work, albeit I understand that isn't the case with food takeaways

Nope forgot to mention they blocked the card so I used my paypal. Used it for the free. £10 Mastercard promotion but could only use the first tenner
deals6924/02/2020 19:22

Nope forgot to mention they blocked the card so I used my paypal. Used it …Nope forgot to mention they blocked the card so I used my paypal. Used it for the free. £10 Mastercard promotion but could only use the first tenner

Uber Eats blocked your card on their services or the card issuer blocked the card from being used anywhere? Sorry to hear that happened by the way must've been annoying
andrewworrall124/02/2020 19:24

Uber Eats blocked your card on their services or the card issuer blocked …Uber Eats blocked your card on their services or the card issuer blocked the card from being used anywhere? Sorry to hear that happened by the way must've been annoying

Uber eats blocked the card from their site. Was quite sad
deals6924/02/2020 19:26

Uber eats blocked the card from their site. Was quite sad

Thankfully you could still spend it elsewhere but that's definitely annoying!
The Game Collection don't charge credit cards for orders until dispatch, other than some pre-orders placed a long way in advance.
Illusionary24/02/2020 21:49

The Game Collection don't charge credit cards for orders until dispatch, …The Game Collection don't charge credit cards for orders until dispatch, other than some pre-orders placed a long way in advance.

This wasn't a pre-order, would a MasterCard prepaid gift card count as a credit card with The Game Collection do you know? Thanks
andrewworrall124/02/2020 21:50

This wasn't a pre-order, would a MasterCard prepaid gift card count as a …This wasn't a pre-order, would a MasterCard prepaid gift card count as a credit card with The Game Collection do you know? Thanks

Yep, I saw you saying that this wasn't a pre-order, I just mentioned pre-orders in my post for completeness, to avoid any potential to mislead other readers.

A pre-paid credit card is no different from any other credit card as far as merchants are concerned.
Illusionary24/02/2020 22:02

Yep, I saw you saying that this wasn't a pre-order, I just mentioned …Yep, I saw you saying that this wasn't a pre-order, I just mentioned pre-orders in my post for completeness, to avoid any potential to mislead other readers.A pre-paid credit card is no different from any other credit card as far as merchants are concerned.

Sorry my bad there. Thanks I appreciate your help
Issue is sorted. Looks like it definitely was The Game Collection taking payment on dispatch, balance updated this morning after I got a dispatch email
andrewworrall125/02/2020 08:42

Issue is sorted. Looks like it definitely was The Game Collection taking …Issue is sorted. Looks like it definitely was The Game Collection taking payment on dispatch, balance updated this morning after I got a dispatch email

As I suspected
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants