Does Mastercard offer Extended Warranty and other benefits

Posted 4th JunEdited by:"Taka_nai"
*Called the number from the link and it’s a dud. Sorry folks*

Found this info on MasterCards website but can’t seem to find any of it in any of my credit card t&c’s. Has anyone been able to take advantage of this with their Mastercard? And if so, what card issuer did you use? Thanks

“Extended warranty
Doubles the original manufacturer's or store brand warranty for up to one year when you pay with your eligible Mastercard.

Price protection
Should you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible Mastercard, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.

Purchase Protection
Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible Mastercard if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase.”
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
What’s the link to the website?
Usually available on selected subscription-based cards / source accounts, possible example HSBC Premier:
hsbc.co.uk/cre…er/

Note the word "may" in your source:
"This information is intended only as a reference ... that may be available with your Mastercard... Please Note: Benefits described below vary by card type and by issuing financial institution."
I'll be shocked if any CC is still doing extended warranty as standard.

I've been looking for ages since Nationwide & Barclaycard stopped.
Edited by: "Gollywood" 4th Jun
Gollywood04/06/2020 23:36

I'll be shocked if any CC is still doing extended warranty as …I'll be shocked if any CC is still doing extended warranty as standard.I've been looking for ages since Nationwide & Barclaycard stopped.

Yes, I had it with Barclaycard too (years ago) and was wondering if there was card issuer still offering.
Says eligible cards, I’m assuming that would rule out most UK card providers
AndyRoyd04/06/2020 23:36

Usually available on selected subscription-based cards / source accounts, …Usually available on selected subscription-based cards / source accounts, possible example HSBC Premier:https://www.hsbc.co.uk/credit-cards/products/premier/Note the word "may" in your source:"This information is intended only as a reference ... that may be available with your Mastercard... Please Note: Benefits described below vary by card type and by issuing financial institution."

I know Tesco don’t as someone else has already asked. I was hoping someone on Hduk May have had luck.
s_dusara04/06/2020 23:39

Says eligible cards, I’m assuming that would rule out most UK card p …Says eligible cards, I’m assuming that would rule out most UK card providers

Taka_nai04/06/2020 23:38

Yes, I had it with Barclaycard too (years ago) and was wondering if there …Yes, I had it with Barclaycard too (years ago) and was wondering if there was card issuer still offering.

The way you worded your title it was as if you were telling us it existed.
Gollywood04/06/2020 23:39

The way you worded your title it was as if you were telling us it existed. …The way you worded your title it was as if you were telling us it existed.

Good point! And sorry! I’ve edited it now
Taka_nai04/06/2020 23:41

Good point! And sorry! I’ve edited it now

But we're back to square one. You momentarily gave me hope!
Reminds me,I need to cancel a stack of credit cards that I no longer use!!
Gollywood04/06/2020 23:42

But we're back to square one. You momentarily gave me hope!

Tell me about it... wish I’d never seen it myself. I will call the number tomorrow and ask.
I remember that from years ago, forgot all about it. So now the hunt begins.
I think I was looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... called the phone number and the automated system requests the 16 digit number but then doesn’t connect to an advisor.
Post a comment
@
    Text