Matalan - Are Their Shirts Decent Enough???

Found 16th Nov 2011
Hello, One and All!!!

I need to see about purchasing a few shirts and my budget is quite tight (ideally only want to spend up to £60) - I've heard that the shirts from Matalan are meant to be reasonable and was wanting to hear back from other members as to whether they are decent enough for using for work, etc.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as I am thinking about checking out the M&S Clearance Stores as well (apparently there's a couple in London) but again I can't spend to much and Matalan has currently 8.08% cashback via TCB for the next four days.

20 Comments

nothing wrong with Matalan stuff, I like it anyway! It lasts!

OH uses them for work shirts, seem to be all right for the price

Original Poster

Thanks bernyrabbit & bluedhalia - I'll have to find a local store in London to visit and see what they have before I order in bulk.

Got a job sorted then sb?

Don't PC world provide shirts any more then (_;)

Their own brands are rubbish just fall apart when you wear them , it happened to a couple of pair of trousers i bought not a major make but thought they were decent, the stitching came undone so when i took them back they said oh we have to send your trousers off for tests no refund etc i said stick your trousers you can keep them. so stick to brand names if you can moral of the story what you pay is what you get plus some crap customer service to boot.

Original Poster

sancho1983

Got a job sorted then sb?

Afraid not just needed to replace a few for doing interviews with plus the dreaded multiple follow-up interviews, which stretch on, and on, and on...and on! X)

Oh why can't I win the lottery!

Scotty Boy

Afraid not just needed to replace a few for doing interviews with plus … Afraid not just needed to replace a few for doing interviews with plus the dreaded multiple follow-up interviews, which stretch on, and on, and on...and on! X)Oh why can't I win the lottery!

Good luck then!

Original Poster

DAMNOME

Don't PC world provide shirts any more then (_;)

I don't know, I've never worked for them - it's generally been oil & gas companies (exploration, production & services) and consultancies!

Original Poster

sancho1983

Good luck then!

Cheers for that but I'm not holding out much hope these days plus I can't even get a flipping part time job...thank christ I actually saved money rather than squandering it like so many of mates have done in the past.

Just to say, I love George clothes in Asda! Could give them a whirl, depending what you want of course....

Original Poster

oldlodewines

Their own brands are rubbish just fall apart when you wear them , it … Their own brands are rubbish just fall apart when you wear them , it happened to a couple of pair of trousers i bought not a major make but thought they were decent, the stitching came undone so when i took them back they said oh we have to send your trousers off for tests no refund etc i said stick your trousers you can keep them. so stick to brand names if you can moral of the story what you pay is what you get plus some crap customer service to boot.

Thanks for that - I thought cr*p customer service was the norm these days for 99.9% of the companies out there!

Original Poster

bernyrabbit

Just to say, I love George clothes in Asda! Could give them a whirl, … Just to say, I love George clothes in Asda! Could give them a whirl, depending what you want of course....

Mmm, good one as I hadn't even thought about them - I think I'll need to do a bit more searching on the web and see what I can find out...it just needs to be cheap! lol

Try Debenhams they have a sale on until sunday Plus get TCB on your purchase, hope this helps good luck

debenhams.com/sale

Original Poster

bluedhalia

Try Debenhams they have a sale on until sunday Plus get TCB on your … Try Debenhams they have a sale on until sunday Plus get TCB on your purchase, hope this helps good luckhttp://www.debenhams.com/sale#catalogId=10001&lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online%3DY/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale%7D/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale_18664%7D/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale_18664_18528%7D&ps=default&sfn=Categories&sfv=Shirts&storeId=10001

Thanks for that - I'll check them out as well; so far it's Matalan, Primark, Georges, Tesco, M&S (plus Clearance Stores), Debenhams I'll be looking at; was considering TM Lewin but they are far to expensive although their quality is meant to be good.

Had a few Taylor & wright shirts from Matalan and they seem decent quality which seem to last and they iron nicely. Personally wouldn't bother with Primark as fair enough they are cheap but the quality isn't their and won't last you as long.

Also had a few decent shirts from M&S clearance shop and they iron really well, think they were from the autograph range.

Original Poster

NFS

Had a few Taylor & wright shirts from Matalan and they seem decent … Had a few Taylor & wright shirts from Matalan and they seem decent quality which seem to last and they iron nicely. Personally wouldn't bother with Primark as fair enough they are cheap but the quality isn't their and won't last you as long.Also had a few decent shirts from M&S clearance shop and they iron really well, think they were from the autograph range.

Cheers mate

good luck brah !

Original Poster

bossyboots

btw best of luck with the job hunting - the reason you havent got … btw best of luck with the job hunting - the reason you havent got anything yet is because the perfect job is just round the corner - be patient but keep applying

I damn well hope so!

Original Poster

Mr123

good luck brah !

Cheers mate - I have a feeling I will need it! X) lol
Post a comment
@
    Text