Matched Betting looks to be a lot of hassle?

Found 2nd Jun 2016
Is match betting a lot of hassle for what it is worth?
Community Updates
AskBetting
12 Comments
Not in the early days when you can exploit the generous new customer offers. It gets harder once you've exhausted the main bookies' offers. I did it a few years ago and easily made £3k over about a year. Not done it for a while but will do the odd offer.
I did it for a bit, made about £100 but found it more trouble than it was worth so stopped.
iirc average is only a few % return so only worth going if your laying down a decent amount.
its good initially, it's quite easy and lucrative but when you have signed up to every bookmakers you're then required to find member offers which are more harder than new customer offers. Although, it is still possible to make good money. The main premium site is profit accumulator, but there is also free websites such as http://matchedbetting.review - which is similar. Good luck!
Edited by: "flytrapfacts" 3rd Jun 2016
Head over to MSE and read their dedicated section on Matched Betting. I did it for 3 years and made about 10K a year. It does get harder when you've done the easy bookies, but as you get better, the way you find bets gets better. Look at arbs and shoparbs (shop arbing). Unfortunately you soon get gubbed by bookies.
If you live in an area with plenty of betting shops and have some spare cash you want to invest, then sharbing is a good thing to do. Jump on your bike and quickly arb your bets with betfair and the betting shops in your area once you find a good arb.

Treat it as a hobby but one that gives a good ROI. Win win situation.
windym

Head over to MSE and read their dedicated section on Matched Betting. I … Head over to MSE and read their dedicated section on Matched Betting. I did it for 3 years and made about 10K a year. It does get harder when you've done the easy bookies, but as you get better, the way you find bets gets better. Look at arbs and shoparbs (shop arbing). Unfortunately you soon get gubbed by bookies.

​what's mse and arbs?
randomiser2kz

​what's mse and arbs?

I'd suggest if you struggle to use Google gambling isn't for you.
what kind of odds would I have to be on the look out for, to be able to do this?
it's pretty easy if you have access to a laptop every day, trying to do it on your phone is do-able but a right pain. I've been making about £100 a week without much effort for the past month. I guess if I did it properly then I would make more, a guy in my matched betting group made £1400 his first month.

I joined a dedicated matched betting site that takes most of the work out of it, they basically tell you what to bet on where and how much you'll make.
jacogg

it's pretty easy if you have access to a laptop every day, trying to do … it's pretty easy if you have access to a laptop every day, trying to do it on your phone is do-able but a right pain. I've been making about £100 a week without much effort for the past month. I guess if I did it properly then I would make more, a guy in my matched betting group made £1400 his first month.I joined a dedicated matched betting site that takes most of the work out of it, they basically tell you what to bet on where and how much you'll make.

Interesting, which site did you join?
windym

Head over to MSE and read their dedicated section on Matched Betting. I … Head over to MSE and read their dedicated section on Matched Betting. I did it for 3 years and made about 10K a year. It does get harder when you've done the easy bookies, but as you get better, the way you find bets gets better. Look at arbs and shoparbs (shop arbing). Unfortunately you soon get gubbed by bookies.

How much effort for £10k a year, be interesting to know the rate per hour (tax free of course).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants