Mate 20 pro

Posted 6th Nov
Got this phone not to long ago on the o2 refresh and I got the screen protector the spigen hybrid case but i just can't get on with the phone, I mean it's fast and everything but I don't know what it is so do you think I would be able to sell it for say 260 including the case? I'm not looking to make a profit on it just get back what I paid for it?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Mate 20 Pro is a great phone, is there anything in particular you dislike about it? I used to own it and the most frustrating thing for me was EMUI. Using Nova Launcher helped a lot, but still not the perfect solution.

£260 is a bit much, you will probably get less.
Edited by: "jamie15" 6th Nov
I was just thinking 260 as including the spigen case and maybe those that missed out on the o2 deal, the emui isn't the problem as I had the honor play as my previous phone sold that on for 110 but as for the mate I dunno what it is I just can't get on with it like I could the play even though this is much faster
I don't quite understand the "I don't know what it is" part. It's a phone. Like all smartphones, it makes calls and texts, sends and receives emails and accesses the internet. It plays games and media and takes photos and video. So, if all other smartphones do that - what it it specifically about this one that you don't like?

There must be an aspect that makes you feel you "can't get on" with it??? Otherwise, you'd keep it as it's a hell of a phone. Is it purely aesthetically displeasing? You can't really say you don't like something but you don't know why!

What phone DO you fancy? Is there something about THAT phone that the Mate 20 doesn't have or do as well?
I'm a bit the same too, I came from a Note 8 (dual sim) to a Mate 20 Pro, only paid £152 for it, and I do like it, but when I compare it against my Note, I keep thinking of going back, the only thing is stopping me is the better camera on the Mate20.

The dual sim was great could put both sims for home and work, now I have to carry two phones.

I think when the Note 11 comes out, I'll go back, but until then I'll probably stick with the Mate.
The finger print reader and curve screen is what I think it is think I will go back to apple not the new ones maybe 8 plus see what black Friday brings I guess and yes I know 8 plus is a 2 year old phone and new ones are better
TR1GG06/11/2019 12:10

The finger print reader and curve screen is what I think it is think I …The finger print reader and curve screen is what I think it is think I will go back to apple not the new ones maybe 8 plus see what black Friday brings I guess and yes I know 8 plus is a 2 year old phone and new ones are better

Mate 20 Pro has 3D face unlock which is the main unlock method. Fingerprint sensor is not too bad.

If you want something more traditional, maybe something like the Nokia 8.1 would be better. Android One with no bloatware, standard fingerprint sensor on the back.
£260 is a best case scenario, CEX pay £190 for grade A, eBay is anywhere between £180-£260 in mint condition. Including cases etc doesn't make much difference in my experience. Have you tried putting Nova Launcher on it and see if the change of interface makes it any better? It's a really good phone so I'd want to try and find a way to live with it before taking a hit on the money.
WardyGTC06/11/2019 13:49

£260 is a best case scenario, CEX pay £190 for grade A, eBay is anywhere b …£260 is a best case scenario, CEX pay £190 for grade A, eBay is anywhere between £180-£260 in mint condition. Including cases etc doesn't make much difference in my experience. Have you tried putting Nova Launcher on it and see if the change of interface makes it any better? It's a really good phone so I'd want to try and find a way to live with it before taking a hit on the money.

Cex grade a in my locals is brand new sealed anything else is b, c will have a look into the nova launcher but as I say the way its presently set out is not bad
WardyGTC06/11/2019 13:49

£260 is a best case scenario, CEX pay £190 for grade A, eBay is anywhere b …£260 is a best case scenario, CEX pay £190 for grade A, eBay is anywhere between £180-£260 in mint condition. Including cases etc doesn't make much difference in my experience. Have you tried putting Nova Launcher on it and see if the change of interface makes it any better? It's a really good phone so I'd want to try and find a way to live with it before taking a hit on the money.

In terms of cases and covers, I know my local CEX won't take them unless they are 1st party.
Edited by: "alg" 6th Nov
alg06/11/2019 13:56

In teems of cases and covers, I know my local CEX won't take them unless …In teems of cases and covers, I know my local CEX won't take them unless they are 1st party.

Not to fused bout hit on the phone case
TR1GG06/11/2019 13:54

Cex grade a in my locals is brand new sealed anything else is b, c …Cex grade a in my locals is brand new sealed anything else is b, c will have a look into the nova launcher but as I say the way its presently set out is not bad

They must be really tight. Don't think I've ever traded in one of my phones, tablets, etc which haven't been grade A. Most of which have been used for at least 12 months, on an almost daily basis.

My wife's phones on the other hand....
Metrocenter gateshead Newcastle all the same A grade to them is brand new still sealed! Was told by the metro manager :/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants