Mate 20 Pro - Screen Protector

Posted 15th Jan
One year into using the mate 20 pro, another year left on the contract.

Im paranoid about screen damage so I've constantly got a screen protector on.
I've used LK Liquid Screen protector from amazon for a while, but i'm getting annoyed that eventually it'll fold over itself, lose it's tackiness and just look like crap, I've been through 3. Its combined with this spiegen case.

So i'm wondering, what is everyone else using?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I'm using Whitestone Dome glass with a Lifeproof Slam case on an S9.

I can't fault either of them. I've had both around a year and a half now.

The glass cures and sticks to the phone screen really well using the UV light with no loss of touch / sensitivity.

The screen protector and case fit perfectly together.

I even use my phone wearing etip gloves without any loss of input.

I did a lot of research before deciding on which phone / case / protector to go for.
if the protector is bending over would you not be better with a glass protector rather than a film one?
paulj4815/01/2020 15:10

if the protector is bending over would you not be better with a glass …if the protector is bending over would you not be better with a glass protector rather than a film one?

Mate 20 with a curved screen. I suspect of I didn't use a case, the lk ones would be alright, but even if applied near perfectly, They eventually bubble at the edge, and when it catches a pocket, that's when it folds in on itself
Edited by: "kg1986" 15th Jan
kg198615/01/2020 15:13

Mate 20 with a curved screen. I suspect of I didn't use a case, the lk …Mate 20 with a curved screen. I suspect of I didn't use a case, the lk ones would be alright, but even if applied near perfectly, They eventually bubble at the edge, and when it catches a pocket, that's when it folds in on itself

I have the same phone and have had a curved glass protector on since last August and its been fine
Quite a few P20 Pro owners had problems with curved screen protectors bubbling or loosening over time (doesn't help if you have it in a case as well, of course).

People have more luck with case + flat glass screen protector - think that's what boyf ended up with (he's not here, so I can't double-check).

I'm not so keen on the protectors that glue to the screen, surely if the protective glass breaks you have a helluva time removing it (not sure, as I haven't tried one). Often, if it's a minor bump, the protective glass breaks but the phone screen underneath is fine - so you'd want to be able to remove it.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 15th Jan
paulj4815/01/2020 15:16

I have the same phone and have had a curved glass protector on since last …I have the same phone and have had a curved glass protector on since last August and its been fine

Where did you get it?
And are you also using a case?
paulj4815/01/2020 15:47

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WM27HDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1and thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HPC9ZB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers for that, I'll give them a go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions