Groups
    EXPIRED

Maternity overnight bag?

Hello,
    Does anyone know where I can get a large overnight bag for when I go into hospital to have my little girl? It has to be big enough to take 2 towels and a dressing gown, loads of baby stuff etc! I have no idea where to start looking, so I have no examples to show anyone sorry! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks very much!

Lisa

Also any tips of things women took to the hospital that helped would also be handy!:-D

21 Comments

I used one of the small suitcases with the wheels and handle with my second child and it was fab, plenty of room for the prezzies as well. With my first child I just took a pack of polo's!!!! (long story).

An absolute must I found was disposable knickers, lol.

Original Poster

Thanks fireheaven, my mum suggested that and I just laughed but seeing it all piled up on the bed, I think I might need a big holiday size one!
    This is my second child but as my first came 12 weeks early, all I took was a book (which I didn't get round to reading obviously!)
    Lisa

fireheaven

I used one of the small suitcases with the wheels and handle with my … I used one of the small suitcases with the wheels and handle with my second child and it was fab, plenty of room for the prezzies as well. With my first child I just took a pack of polo's!!!! (long story).An absolute must I found was disposable knickers, lol.

Would say the exact same thing as fireheaven:giggle: :giggle:

lisad255

Thanks fireheaven, my mum suggested that and I just laughed but seeing it … Thanks fireheaven, my mum suggested that and I just laughed but seeing it all piled up on the bed, I think I might need a big holiday size one!This is my second child but as my first came 12 weeks early, all I took was a book (which I didn't get round to reading obviously!)Lisa

My first was seven weeks early, hence only the polo's - I had no idea I was in labour and only paid the car park for 1 hour :whistling: :whistling:

My advice also is to wear very dark PJ's for on the ward afterwards. It is very good a disguising leaks!!!

oooohhhhh i feel broody now :-(

my youngest is 7 today...i feel old lol

Ahh happy birthday to your youngest.

Good luck with the birth Lisa.

how very apt that this i top topic.

mine arrived at 12:15 today

MinstrelMan

how very apt that this i top topic.mine arrived at 12:15 today

awwwww congrats :-D :-D :-D

Congratulations, what you doing on here?

MinstrelMan

how very apt that this i top topic.mine arrived at 12:15 today

Hi stranger!! Well done Mrs Minstelman. oh and well done you too

Congratulations

Lisa, my friend recently had her first baby and a few months ago if anyone said she would be wearing paper knickers she would have told them where to go! She reckons they are a necessity!

I disagree, the paper knickers are so uncomfortable, buy some cheap cotton undies from M&S and don't forget baby wipes for yourself - much kinder than loo roll! I also used a small trolley suitcase and don't forget your lipsalve for the gas and air!

La Redoute have a travel set with a large bag, shoulder bag and vanity case as a free gift. I have this and think it would be perfect.

Code: 0880

Also get £10 off and free p+p (Buy something for the baby!) at the same time

Code: 4000

i got a big free dkny bag with a bottle of perfume i used that

Original Poster

Thanks very much everyone! Congratulations to Minstrelman and your other half as well! I have 3 months left but my first came 3 months early so I'm going to be ready this time! Thanks for all the tips as well
    Lisa :-D

Lisa i joined boots mother and baby club a couple of weeks ago i did say i was expecting although i am not although never say never again!! any way back to the point you get a voucher for a free huggies changing bag when you buy a pack of nappies. I got one yesterday and you get some sample size bottles too. Its a really nice size bag. It wont do for your maternity bag but i thought i would share it with you.

A bit of advice for your bag. Just take small sample size bottles of baby wash and creams ect as you probably wont be there long, and nboth time ui had mine i was given a "bounty bag" which had lots of Johnsons stuff in it.

And good luck by the way.:-D :-D :-D

BECKYBOO

Lisa i joined boots mother and baby club a couple of weeks ago i did say … Lisa i joined boots mother and baby club a couple of weeks ago i did say i was expecting although i am not although never say never again!! any way back to the point you get a voucher for a free huggies changing bag when you buy a pack of nappies. I got one yesterday and you get some sample size bottles too. Its a really nice size bag. It wont do for your maternity bag but i thought i would share it with you.A bit of advice for your bag. Just take small sample size bottles of baby wash and creams ect as you probably wont be there long, and nboth time ui had mine i was given a "bounty bag" which had lots of Johnsons stuff in it.And good luck by the way.:-D :-D :-D

Make sure you say you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy, that way you get a voucher for a free number 7 product (up to £17) and a free disposable camera with flash - as well as all the other vouchers

lisad255

Thanks very much everyone! Congratulations to Minstrelman and your other … Thanks very much everyone! Congratulations to Minstrelman and your other half as well! I have 3 months left but my first came 3 months early so I'm going to be ready this time! Thanks for all the tips as wellLisa :-D

I had the same thoughts and was ready months before with my second as the first was two months early. Number 2 son arrived 3 weeks LATE! :roll: :roll:

Original Poster

Thanks Beckyboo & kelly_o_fanatic I will join the Boots club now, I hadn't really thought of that!
    Bag is all packed and ready to go, just waiting for the baby now........:whistling:

Lisa

Original Poster

fireheaven

I had the same thoughts and was ready months before with my second as the … I had the same thoughts and was ready months before with my second as the first was two months early. Number 2 son arrived 3 weeks LATE! :roll: :roll:

I am hoping this one comes late I really am, it was far too scary to go through it again! People keep giving me wierd advice; like eat loads of red meat, only eat before 6pm, don't shower with perfumed soaps etc....all complete rubbish according to my midwife!!:-D

Lisa
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      2. Samsung Galaxy S666
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636
      4. Family Spotify account21

See more discussions