Found 19th Dec 2010
Hi All, I was thinking of picking up a maternity pillow for my OH as part of her Christmas Present, but there are so many of of them, a normal pillow that's 5 or 6ft tall the Summer Infant Ultimate Body Pillow or even the DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow, to many and to different for me to know what to get... The reviews seems to be good on all, some people say this one is to soft and others this one is to hard.. so deisregharding them reviews, and the ones about having to wake me up when they want to go to the loo due to the size of the pillow.... agghhhhhhh

So I just want to go for comfyness, dont care how much of the bed i lose, Also if you have a good price for said pillow post that to, i have seen the massive normal pillows for about £18 and the other 2 i mentioned for around £32 each, but if you find another different pillow that is good feel free to post it.

Thanks all and sorry I jsut want to make sure she feels as good as she can until the pop, BTW she is 12-13 weeks gone atm, and i am not bothered about getting it for Christmas as that is not going to happen anyway TBH due to the snow near me. I can pick up from anywhere between Slough and Nottingham

25 Comments

Original Poster

anyone??? its Christmas and i am a new dad-to-be, please help lol

When my wife was pregnant, I got her a 'memory foam' long pillow (about 5ft I think) from Costco about £35 I seem to recall... She loved it, still got it, and still uses it 3 and a half years on, and still in good condition... I used it when I had syatica too.. Was well worth the money..

Original Poster

diddzy

When my wife was pregnant, I got her a 'memory foam' long pillow (about … When my wife was pregnant, I got her a 'memory foam' long pillow (about 5ft I think) from Costco about £35 I seem to recall... She loved it, still got it, and still uses it 3 and a half years on, and still in good condition... I used it when I had syatica too.. Was well worth the money..

Thats good to know, so you think the memory foam ones are the way to go, She has a memory foam mattresse and its comfy, but i find it gets to hot for me, i need more peoples oppinions please... Rep added
Edited by: "Chuckles1001" 19th Dec 2010

Cheers.... I just went to have a look.. The label says 'Thermolite' and it's from Holland... Found it very comfortable, she always put it into a 'U' shape and lay backwards into it.. Always meant to pick up for myself, but never did....

I bought my wife a 'normal' maternity pillow, about 5ft long. She loved it, and used it right up until she finished breastfeeding! We found the memory foam pillows to be too hard, and pretty uncomfortable to be honest. We bought ours from the baby farm near Rugby, there was a really big selection there. Best of luck with finding one and for the rest of the pregnancy!!

Original Poster

jonincov

I bought my wife a 'normal' maternity pillow, about 5ft long. She loved … I bought my wife a 'normal' maternity pillow, about 5ft long. She loved it, and used it right up until she finished breastfeeding! We found the memory foam pillows to be too hard, and pretty uncomfortable to be honest. We bought ours from the baby farm near Rugby, there was a really big selection there. Best of luck with finding one and for the rest of the pregnancy!!

Dam 2 different things said lol, i think i am giong to end up getting her 2 at this rate, and hope one of them is right.... so anyone? Cheers and rep again btw

When I was pregnant I got a v shaped pillow which was great.

I used the Sleep body pillow from Mothercare....£29.99 during both my pregnancies! Its a full length pillow....to be honest think she will probably appreciate any, you get so uncomfortable but its all worth it! Congratulations! x

Aw aernt you lovely and caring,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolster-Pillow-Pregnant-Support-Excellent/dp/B00187LK3K
I used one like this.
Ive thrown it away today after 4 yrs lol.
You can get wedges for between the knees too. Which helps.

hi i got a widgey pillow and love it i used it for breastfeeding and am still using it now as a cushion you can get different covers for it as well

Original Poster

JAYKAY72

Dont think i am going to get one of these, as i just dont like them, no other reason. thanks thou lol

babybetty

I used the Sleep body pillow from Mothercare....£29.99 during both my … I used the Sleep body pillow from Mothercare....£29.99 during both my pregnancies! Its a full length pillow....to be honest think she will probably appreciate any, you get so uncomfortable but its all worth it! Congratulations! x

Thanks i will have a look and cheers
cherishu2

Aw aernt you lovely and caring, … Aw aernt you lovely and caring, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolster-Pillow-Pregnant-Support-Excellent/dp/B00187LK3KI used one like this.Ive thrown it away today after 4 yrs lol.You can get wedges for between the knees too. Which helps.

I am thinking atm get her one similar to this and a Summer Infant Ultimate Body Pillow, and she can see what she likes the most unless there are ore people to help me out, so far everyone has picked something different i was hoeing 1 of them would pull out ahead lol

P.S I dont know about lovely and caring, more like i just want her to get a good nights sleep, just being normal lol

So any other people feel free to post your 2 cents worth

JAYKAY72

babybetty

I used the Sleep body pillow from Mothercare....£29.99 during both my … I used the Sleep body pillow from Mothercare....£29.99 during both my pregnancies! Its a full length pillow....to be honest think she will probably appreciate any, you get so uncomfortable but its all worth it! Congratulations! x

cherishu2

Aw aernt you lovely and caring, … Aw aernt you lovely and caring, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolster-Pillow-Pregnant-Support-Excellent/dp/B00187LK3KI used one like this.Ive thrown it away today after 4 yrs lol.You can get wedges for between the knees too. Which helps.

More like you want the good nights sleep lol ....only joking! You both best get good nights sleep before baba arrives! Bless...Good luck! x

Original Poster

JAYKAY72

babybetty

cherishu2

I wish that was the reason, I only get about 4 hours a night, and sleep like i am dead,just want her to be happy....awwwwwww lol

Chuckles1001

I wish that was the reason, I only get about 4 hours a night, and sleep … I wish that was the reason, I only get about 4 hours a night, and sleep like i am dead,just want her to be happy....awwwwwww lol

Awwww bless! x

awww....I just received mine today after totting up 6 normal pillows of the last 6 weeks of pregnancy as things become more and more uncomfortable, I look forward to my first night with a long pregnancypillow.co.uk/Pre…tml one of these types......I can't wait.

I know that whichever one you choose she will love you all the more for .....

I got this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0986753/Trail/searchtext%3EBODY+PILLOW.htm

It was good & did its job, supported my bump but ended up getting a dip in the middle... a bit lumpy & didn't really work as well as I'd liked. Still have it & will be using it for future pregnancy/s (don't tell the fella lol)

Wish I'd invested a bit more money on a better stiffer one.

Good luck for the future :o)

Mel

Original Poster

Thanks guys i will get one of both

congrats on your baby news

i got the summer ultimate one and thought it was fab later on though i did get a v pillow as well and thought that added the extra comfort i still needed

no good for sharing a bed though haha

I found the best thing to do was to roll up a spare duvet. I did this with both of my tpregnancies and found it no bother and much more comfortable than without. I also found that normal sofa cushions were just fine for breast feeding.

Also I wish someone had told me when I had my first that Asdas nappies were just as good as pampers or huggies - It would have saved me a fortune!!!

Buy her a dreamgenii! I had one from about 14 weeks onwards and it was brilliant. As a gift it'd be nice if you got the cool covers they do too! Encourages you to sleep on the left side, supports back, bump and hips and also good to use for breastfeeding - much easier to have it all in one!

Nice gift idea too - what a nice husband!

My wife loved her Dream Genii when she was preggers.

Hey...
How thoughtful are you.. Awwww
when i was pregnant i just got the mothercare one... I was so huge i couldn't sleep so would prop it up between my bump and the mattress and it was heaven... I used it all the way through pregnancy and then for breastfeeding whilst little one was newborn.
Must say mine was great. ... Best accessory by far..
Hope your OH has a very happy and healthy 9 months. X

I would definitely recommend the dreamgenii. I loved mine and it made me so much more comfortable. I think it's a really lovely gift

Original Poster

Thanks guys, seems you like the dreamgenii, I have ordered the summer infant ultimate pillow, and a normal 6ft long pillow, so hope she likes them and i dont need to get her a dreamgenii too. I hope she bloody likes it, she thinks I have got her the LOST box-set, and instead she has a pillow, hmmmm, maybe i should get her that too, I was just going to wait for a good price on the Blu-Ray and get it as part of her birthday

The next 6 months is going to be fun, i should have ordered myself a really cosy and warm sleeping bag to i feel good sleeping on the floor lol

I thought she could use it to Breastfeed, but need to talk her into that too, got to thou after my mum running the ABM for so many years.

Thanks guys
Edited by: "Chuckles1001" 21st Dec 2010

I used a v-shaped pillow and that was also excellent for sitting up in bed feeding the baby etc...also great for reading if you can keep your eyes open when you are a new parent!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions