Groups

Mates just been burgeled :(

No idea right now if he has insurance
    Fingers crossed that he did

This may sound like a bore or whatever...But please if your unsure if your covered..just give them a call.

Im sure i was covered, but have just taken 5 mins to make sure I was fully covered and up to date.

I would hate to see other people lose everything at this time of year.

So far i know he lost his new sony lcd that hes had a week
    xbox 360
    pc
    laptop
    All his chrimbo prezzys for his family

Not a nice feeling to see a grown man break down in tears in the street.

21 Comments

What a low life pack of scum....learn to WORK instead of stealing. My heart goes out to him.

Ouch..

I hope he's insured and gets everything back.

Scum out there..

"All his chrimbo prezzys for his family"

that's awful. really hope he is insured.

me yoo =0( just got back from a weekend away to find door in 2. second time in a year and we live in a nice area :x

Thanks for the warning, I'm sorry for your friend, not only for the loss of his own paid for property but for the violation of his home. I hope he's got more good mates to rally around and keep his spirits us.

I've been burgaled twice it's so hard to get over,i still haven't don't think i ever will .HORRIBLE

Sorry to hear this and I really really hope it turns out he's insured.

Original Poster

Had it done to me once.
    Made me feel like sh*t
    But did open my eyes to the way police work.
    There was footprints..fingerprints..and a huge kitchen knive...but they didnt really care.

were having a whip around at work
    so far we someone has donated a xbox 360 that they dont play anymore.

My mother in law has had the same happen to her this afternoon, thankfully nothing appears to have been taken because the house alarm went off, but that's not the point, it still causes distress, and the t*****s that did it were probably just "having a laugh" - makes my blood boil (and after an hour the police STILL hadn't arrived!!).

It's not nice to go through that.

Can you give me your address i just got some vouchers through for doing surveys, i know it's not much but will you pass on a £10 argos voucher for me to help with xmas prezzies

dmissy13;3565860

It's not nice to go through that.Can you give me your address i just got … It's not nice to go through that.Can you give me your address i just got some vouchers through for doing surveys, i know it's not much but will you pass on a £10 argos voucher for me to help with xmas prezzies

That is a super super lovely thing to do - bless you!!

i agree the police dont care. all they will do is send you a leaflet in the post.
    my friend had his scouter stolen we recovered it. the cops took both helmets for dna his car for the scums hand print with perfect finger prints.

nothing happened infact it took 3 days to get the car back and the helmets still have not been returned.

Original Poster

dmissy13;3565860

It's not nice to go through that.Can you give me your address i just got … It's not nice to go through that.Can you give me your address i just got some vouchers through for doing surveys, i know it's not much but will you pass on a £10 argos voucher for me to help with xmas prezzies

Are you sure?
    I will let you know..cos he may have had insurance.
    I just didnt want to ask him while hes stood in the street crying (its one of those questions that always comes up, and you cant help but think "you idiot" while there explaining there reason for not having insurance)

It can take time for insurance to come through but your call offer is there

I've always took the view that the police are a waste of space, (especially after someone run into my car on camera and it took them 2 month to contact the building with the camera, who said they had witnessed it but by that time the footage had been wiped) but on my first burgulary they took one fingerprint from the whole house off a plastic bag. I got weekly updates by one policeman who in turn arrested the guy who had robbed 18homes and is now in prison!

just a few days ago my mums friend was burgeled.............I think its all starting now cause christmas is coming up and its doesn't help with all this credit crunch stuff going on........ Just hope they get banged up for christmas!!!

Happened to me a few years ago and the police didnt care, they even KNEW who it was as they were squatting(and trashed) the bedsit downstairs and had all my stuff on display yet the police told me if I went into their room they would arrest me! I think the police were just lazy.

my flat got burgled few months ago, i was sleeping the lounge with my laptop luckily so he went straight for my bedroom and grabbed my bag i screamed and he jumped out of the window, the police were very helpful actually, i never recovered my stuff back even though they took fingerprints and all. i really do hope your mate has insurance

yep be extra careful now peeps. This time of year theres more thieves about. Not just breaking into homes but pocket thieves and bag snatchers.
    Sounds silly but women, put your bag OVER across your body not dangling from your shoulder.
    Blokes dont put wallets in your back pockets... too easy. Inside pocket in chest of your coat, with coat done up!
    When leaving house check all doors windows... i also glance to see if anyone hanging about seeing me leave. I also close my blinds leaving light on, so people wouldnt really know if im home or not.....
    Dont make it easy for them.

Really feel sorry for you who are victims . There is nothing worse than someone invading your home and personal private space. Bless you xxx

mrplay;3566019

i agree the police dont care. all they will do is send you a leaflet in … i agree the police dont care. all they will do is send you a leaflet in the post. my friend had his scouter stolen we recovered it. the cops took both helmets for dna his car for the scums hand print with perfect finger prints.nothing happened infact it took 3 days to get the car back and the helmets still have not been returned.

to be fair to the police when my flat was broken into they couldn't have been nore helpful. Took fingerprints etc the same day, was a sunday as well and they paid us another 2 visits to show us some pics from cctv and then a follow up visit to make sure everything was ok.
    never did catch them but in the interests of balance just thought i'd even out negative press the police get.
    oh and hope they get the scum and the guys stuff back. heart goes out to him and his family.

Original Poster

Just spoken to him.
    Sounds like hes been set up to be honest.
    They didnt bother going upstairs.
    They got 2 tv's (both his)
    an xbox 360...loads of games...some dvd box sets.
    But this ones odd....They unplugged all his computer cables..taken the screen,keyboard,mouse but left the pc !!! WTF?
    The girl that owns the house got a cheap dvd player nicked..thats it.

But the thing that sounds odd to me is that the back door was left open by the woman...and when she got home, she was just able to open the door..it wasnt deadlocked...most cases i hear about the scum will lock you out of your own house so that you cant interupt them.

Just doesnt sound right to me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
      2. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33

See more discussions