x=4 y=-2

3x+2y=8 (times by 2)
2x+5y=-2 (times by 3)

6x+4y=16
6x+15y=-6
take away.
-11y=22
y=-2

2x+5y=-2 (substitute the y you've found into one of the previous equations)
2x + -10=-2
2x=8
x=4

You know there's no question right, therefore i made my own.

here is the answer.

3x+2y = 8
2x+5y = -2
x+8y = -12

Banned

spot_a_deal;8782084

that was on my maths gcse paper todayx= 4y= -2

daughter says thats one she got right then

Took this maths paper earlier too, got x= 4 and y=-2 as far as I can remember!
How did you guys find it?

sassie;8782104

daughter says thats one she got right then

lol i feel better about that now as well then after seeing this thread and knowing that your daughter got it right as well looool

weirdwilli;8782118

Took this maths paper earlier too, got x= 4 and y=-2 as far as I can … Took this maths paper earlier too, got x= 4 and y=-2 as far as I can remember!How did you guys find it?

I found it really good! i got scared with the last question cuz i found it a tad easy and thought i got it wrong lol! Spent about 20 mins at the end just being bored and going through it umpteen times loool
how did you find it?

Original Poster

Ah same I had it too I made the ys the same because in all of our practices we never had to put the x's the same I worked my way around it until I got 4 for x and some how -2 for y but crossed both answers out although the 4 is still in my working out.

Thanks guys

What did you get for the last question?

Im slow today.

3x+2y = 8
2x+5y = -2

x = 4
y = -2

3x is 34 or 3x4?
2y is 2-2 or 2x-2?

Met-Cast;8782135

Ah same I had it too I made the ys the same because in all of our … Ah same I had it too I made the ys the same because in all of our practices we never had to put the x's the same I worked my way around it until I got 4 for x and some how -2 for y but crossed both answers out although the 4 is still in my working out.Thanks guys :)What did you get for the last question?

welcome
i got something like 61 or something
what did you get?

bout tree fiddy

Original Poster

spot_a_deal;8782084

that was on my maths gcse paper todayx= 4y= -2

spot_a_deal;8782153

welcomei got something like 61 or somethingwhat did you get?

Alot of people got 32? Which is what I got. I just put it cause it was the last minute. I put lots of working out (breaking down the 5 marks) You get 1/2 marks for just the answer i'd say.

spot_a_deal;8782126

I found it really good! i got scared with the last question cuz i found … I found it really good! i got scared with the last question cuz i found it a tad easy and thought i got it wrong lol! Spent about 20 mins at the end just being bored and going through it umpteen times looolhow did you find it?

Yeah I thought it was pretty reasonable! Fingers crossed for the calculator being similar :thumbsup:
Met-Cast;8782135

What did you get for the last question?

I got 29 degrees for the circle theorems one, pretty sure it was right as most of my mates got the same answer ;-)

Banned

Met-Cast;8782167

Alot of people got 32? Which is what I got. I just put it cause it was … Alot of people got 32? Which is what I got. I just put it cause it was the last minute. I put lots of working out (breaking down the 5 marks) You get 1/2 marks for just the answer i'd say.

daughter got 32, she says thats two down - lol

Met-Cast;8782167

Alot of people got 32? Which is what I got. I just put it cause it was … Alot of people got 32? Which is what I got. I just put it cause it was the last minute. I put lots of working out (breaking down the 5 marks) You get 1/2 marks for just the answer i'd say.

duno i managed to work it out weirdly i think, thats why i think i flopped that question lol

Original Poster

Well not sure no worries guys :). Just concentrate on your future exams :thumbsup:. Im basically done after this week although i'll have 2 more but only 1 each week.

I've got 8 more just this week! Then two next week, and I'm all done

Original Poster

weirdwilli;8782224

I've got 8 more just this week! Then two next week, and I'm all done

Ah ive only got 6 this week :p. I done some before the holidays

i've got 4 more next week
2 the week after
and 3 the week after that!

Met-Cast;8782167

weirdwilli;8782181

Yeah I thought it was pretty reasonable! Fingers crossed for the … Yeah I thought it was pretty reasonable! Fingers crossed for the calculator being similar :thumbsup:I got 29 degrees for the circle theorems one, pretty sure it was right as most of my mates got the same answer ;-)

look at this
bbc.co.uk/sch…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50436
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions