Mattress Advice

Found 18th Mar
Guys, a bit of advice. About to buy a new mattress and granted, everyone’s preferences are different, but anyone recommend a decent and not too expensive mattress. Keep seeing these Simba/Eva style mattress and would like to hear from anyone who has one or can recommend something different.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I got a med to firm which is too hard for a side sleeper. So had to spend extra on a latex topper. Mine is a sealy geltex mattress. Have a look at mattress.co.uk it's run by silentnight and there's or was a great medium sealy geltex mattress for 350 my dad got it and is v happy. Sells elsewhere or over 1k. There were other bargains too.
carltonbp1 h, 28 m ago

I got a med to firm which is too hard for a side sleeper. So had to spend …I got a med to firm which is too hard for a side sleeper. So had to spend extra on a latex topper. Mine is a sealy geltex mattress. Have a look at mattress.co.uk it's run by silentnight and there's or was a great medium sealy geltex mattress for 350 my dad got it and is v happy. Sells elsewhere or over 1k. There were other bargains too.

I read that the choice of mattress firmness depends on the body weight too.
Heavier people will be supported better by a firm mattress.
A light person will find a firm mattress too hard and need a softer one as the mattress will push back against their body too much.
Firm is not always automatically good for back problems...
I bought firm one for my back and it was worse thing I ever did woke up everyday in pain. I treated myself to the dorma memory foam mattress topper from Dunelm and what a difference it made very comfortable
If there's one near you, then check out Ikea. You get to try them out and they have most of them in store, often rolled up so you can get them home easily. You also get 100 days to try them out at home, and if you're not happy, they'll give you the cost of it on a gift card to exchange for another one
I always been extremely happy with IKEA selection
Go into John Lewis or bed shop and try some out,I like pocket sprung and firm...but you might be different, bit of an individual taste purchase tbh
I agree a firm mattress is not a good solution for everyone. My mum had one and threw it away after a week, she said she may as well sleep on the carpet lol dunno how serious she was being.
Joey.Bloggsy5 h, 1 m ago

I agree a firm mattress is not a good solution for everyone. My mum had …I agree a firm mattress is not a good solution for everyone. My mum had one and threw it away after a week, she said she may as well sleep on the carpet lol dunno how serious she was being.

When I started googling for a solution to mine there's loads of people like your Mum out there. And reading further firmer better for backs also seems to be wrong. I tried wool topper, very thin, feather which was pointless just compressed. 6cm medium frmness latex topper is perfect, I'm still supported but it's softer.
both of my friends gave these new mattress companies a go. funnily enough, one bought a simba and another bought an eve. I tried both (I'm male, 75kg, mostly back sleeper with some minor back problems), in the form of a nap haha and the eve faired better imho. simba was too soft for me but the eve was just right. it has a top layer which is soft, to the point where i didn't even need a pillow, but firm enough to keep me floating! both worth a go though as they both have a 100 day trial.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions