Groups

Mattress deals

Hello all.

Is anyone aware of any good mattress deals on at the moment. There doesn't seem to be many mattress deals posted. The best I saw was the Geltex Silentnight mattress for £399, but this has now gone up to £499.

It's difficult to find a good mattress deal as most companies mark up their prices and then mark them down to make it look they are in a sale.

Dreams always seem to have a sale on, but they are over priced and have a long lead times.

19 Comments

Hello, Argos online and Tesco direct have some good deals sometimes so worth checking

try Amazon , happy beds, mattresses. they are half the price and high spec . they are a little soft, so go for a orthopaedic one ?

Original Poster

Thank you both. My last mattress was from happy beds. I'm a fraid it didn't last long. This had good reviews. The first one came apart at the edges after 4 weeks. They sent out a replacement which was better, but this has only lasted about two years and now it has sunk in the middle. My wife and I are not large people. We paid about £300 for this mattress.

Try a local independent dealer. I used to stock mattresses and could sell anything from £29-£800 but the ones around £250 were just as good if not better

Original Poster

richmond

try Amazon , happy beds, mattresses. they are half the price and high … try Amazon , happy beds, mattresses. they are half the price and high spec . they are a little soft, so go for a orthopaedic one ?

​Thanks Kirstie

We sell mattresses, and in all honesty, there isn't a whole host of difference between a £200 pocket sprung and a £800 pocket sprung, so go local find someone who knows what there talking about.

Just be VERY careful that they are what they say on the tin, we see loads of customers with so called memory foam mattresses etc and they are basic budget matts with 5mm of foam on top

Original Poster

Superman999

We sell mattresses, and in all honesty, there isn't a whole host of … We sell mattresses, and in all honesty, there isn't a whole host of difference between a £200 pocket sprung and a £800 pocket sprung, so go local find someone who knows what there talking about.Just be VERY careful that they are what they say on the tin, we see loads of customers with so called memory foam mattresses etc and they are basic budget matts with 5mm of foam on top

​Thanks for help. There are so many mattress out there its a nightmare to know what is good or bad. We tried one at the weekend. It was a hypnos with a a pillow top. Very comfortable and expensive £900. I've heard though that the pillow top doesn't last very long.

markpj777

​Thanks for help. There are so many mattress out there its a nightmare to … ​Thanks for help. There are so many mattress out there its a nightmare to know what is good or bad. We tried one at the weekend. It was a hypnos with a a pillow top. Very comfortable and expensive £900. I've heard though that the pillow top doesn't last very long.

Your right the pillow top whilst amazing at first, will last a year at most. Its basically a duvet on top of your mattress.

What is it your looking for? i.e
    Bad back?
    Big difference in weight between yourself and partner (I.e to prevent rolling)?
    Extra comfort?

Original Poster

Thank you for your help. Wife has a bad back and I'm a fidget in bed. So something that she can't feel me moving and hopefully last for more than 2 years.

markpj777

Thank you for your help. Wife has a bad back and I'm a fidget in bed. So … Thank you for your help. Wife has a bad back and I'm a fidget in bed. So something that she can't feel me moving and hopefully last for more than 2 years.

Pocket sprung If you want some extra comfort go for a pocket sprung with a minimum of 2" of memory foam on top.

The pocket sprung with support your back PLUS with each spring been individual keeps your movements to each spring (a normal mattresses all springs are joined)

Original Poster

Superman999

Pocket sprung If you want some extra comfort go for a pocket sprung … Pocket sprung If you want some extra comfort go for a pocket sprung with a minimum of 2" of memory foam on top.The pocket sprung with support your back PLUS with each spring been individual keeps your movements to each spring (a normal mattresses all springs are joined)

​Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

We just bought our daughter the John Lewis ortho pocket spring 1000 as she wanted wanted a firmer mattress and she loves it. Was only £375 and comes with a 7 year guarantee

markpj777

​Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Welcome

Original Poster

Superman999

Welcome

​Do you have any recommendations?

Superman999

Pocket sprung If you want some extra comfort go for a pocket sprung … Pocket sprung If you want some extra comfort go for a pocket sprung with a minimum of 2" of memory foam on top.The pocket sprung with support your back PLUS with each spring been individual keeps your movements to each spring (a normal mattresses all springs are joined)

​I thought latex was supposed to be better than memory foam as it doesn't make you too hot at night. am I right in this thought?

argos.co.uk/m/s…htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157%7Ccid:199887273%7Cagid:17470133673%7Ctid:aud-158518126633:pla-215900320833%7Ccrid:74692315833%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:8753955511974149702%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o1&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3ZS-BRD1xu3qw8uS2s4BEiQA2bcfM8FsUOg9yqYcyaenNx9YtnQbMPqp-QVMA0Bcq_tLG0kaAsjX8P8HAQ

kirstie2806

Try a local independent dealer. I used to stock mattresses and could sell … Try a local independent dealer. I used to stock mattresses and could sell anything from £29-£800 but the ones around £250 were just as good if not better

​i second that use local independent dealer I used from.Argos to IKEA but only settled with local bed for 750 including

markpj777

Thank you for your help. Wife has a bad back and I'm a fidget in bed. So … Thank you for your help. Wife has a bad back and I'm a fidget in bed. So something that she can't feel me moving and hopefully last for more than 2 years.

I get a bad back every now and then, I now have a memory foam mattress, it's good support, and you don't notice the person next to you moving around like you do with a sprung mattress.

memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/mat…es/ seems to be a good site, obviously Tempur make the best but the prices are too high. I have an Ergoflex that I've had for two years with no issues.

Eve mattresses seem to be new on the scene, but I haven't heard anything about them whether they are good or not.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions